PJ O'Donovan

Default Power washer and wood deck maintenance

Recently purchased a 1800 psi electric power washer and cleaned 1000
sq ft
pine deck after 5 years of neglect with watewr only.

I was motivated by an astronomical bid from a local contractor and
decided to invest $170 to determine if I could do it myself instead.

Power washer worked like a charm, removing grime and mildew in no time
at all.
Property is located in Blue Ridge section of North Carolina and
winters can be harsh coupled with the fact I am surrounded by trees
(keeps it cool but very little sun).

Now that I own the power washer, I intend to keep after the deck more
diligently.

My question is- If I keep after the deck with the power washer
regularly do I
need to apply a wood preservative? The deck is 5 years old.

Would appreciate suggestions from those more knowledgeable. Thanks
PJ O'Donovan

Bought a Karcher 1800 psi electric at Lowes.

Since I am 72 years old and retired with the luxury of time available,
I was in no rush.

Did as much as I felt like as long as I felt like so I didn't time the
entire 1000 sq ft.

Recollect first section maybe 250 sq ft with heavy black grime took me
about an hour to clean. It went faster when I became more accustomed
to the contraption.

(Joe Doe) wrote in message ...

In article ,
(PJ O'Donovan) wrote:

Power washer worked like a charm, removing grime and mildew in no time
at all.

What power washer did you buy and how long did the job take to complete?

Thanks.

Roland

jeffc

"PJ O'Donovan" wrote in message
om...
Property is located in Blue Ridge section of North Carolina and
winters can be harsh...

You don't know what harsh is, boy!