DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bob Hope (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/47988-re-bob-hope.html)

Scott Cramer July 29th 03 03:23 PM

Bob Hope

On 29 Jul 2003, Jim Mc Namara spake unto rec.woodworking:

:-(

Jums

Bob Hope's wife once asked him: "Bob, where do you want to be buried when
you die?"

His reply: "Surprise me."

A very funny guy, he will be missed.

Jim Mc Namara July 29th 03 04:14 PM

Bob Hope

"Scott Cramer" wrote in message:
Bob Hope's wife once asked him: "Bob, where do you want to be buried when
you die?"

His reply: "Surprise me."

A very funny guy, he will be missed.

Yeah - unlike my dad who died at an early (61) age. All 5 of us kids were
gathered around him in intensive care (leukemia) and he whispered to me: "I
want to be cremated - mixed with Massengill - and run through one more
time." Hard to smile and cry at the same time.

Jums

Desert Traveler July 29th 03 09:49 PM

Bob Hope

"Scott Cramer" wrote in message
7.53...
On 29 Jul 2003, Jim Mc Namara spake unto rec.woodworking:

:-(

Jums

Bob Hope's wife once asked him: "Bob, where do you want to be buried when
you die?"

His reply: "Surprise me."

A very funny guy, he will be missed.

OR W.C. Fields:

Ahhhhh, yesss. Buried my wife last spring.

Had to. She died.

Jim Mc Namara July 29th 03 09:58 PM

Bob Hope

"Desert Traveler" wrote in message;
OR W.C. Fields:

Ahhhhh, yesss. Buried my wife last spring.

Had to. She died.

And the follow of the interview:

"Did she have any distinguishing marks?"

W.C.: "Yes - she had sideburns!"

Loved that soliloquy.

Jums

mark Ransly July 30th 03 03:33 PM

REPOST: Bob Hope

Jim Mc Namara wrote:

Sorry imposter - Larry and I are on another ng - he knows my header and you
need to get off mommy and daddy's computer before they ground you.

You need to get off of the 12 year old neighbor boy before they catch you.

mark Ransly July 30th 03 03:33 PM

REPOST: Bob Hope

TexasFireGuy July 30th 03 06:48 PM

REPOST: Bob Hope

"mark Ransly" wrote in message
Jim Mc Namara wrote:

Sorry imposter - Larry and I are on another ng - he knows my header and

you
need to get off mommy and daddy's computer before they ground you.

You need to get off of the 12 year old neighbor boy before they catch you.

Why, is it your turn to ride?

mark Ransly July 30th 03 07:04 PM

REPOST: Bob Hope

Jim Mc Namara wrote:

Sorry imposter - Larry and I are on another ng - he knows my header and

you

need to get off mommy and daddy's computer before they ground you.

You need to get off of the 12 year old neighbor boy before they catch you.

Why, is it your turn to ride?

Ahh, so you couldn't killfile me after all eh pussy?

TexasFireGuy July 30th 03 07:28 PM

REPOST: Bob Hope

Jim Mc Namara wrote:

Sorry imposter - Larry and I are on another ng - he knows my header and

you

need to get off mommy and daddy's computer before they ground you.

You need to get off of the 12 year old neighbor boy before they catch

you.

Why, is it your turn to ride?

Ahh, so you couldn't killfile me after all eh pussy?

It's not a matter of whether or not I could....I simply chose not to.
You're kinda' humorous. I thought I'd keep watching your attempts at
slamming me. It amazes me how bent out of shape some folks get.