DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Microwave Oven Question (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/47902-re-microwave-oven-question.html)

Ron Gould July 28th 03 03:52 PM

Microwave Oven Question

My microwave fuse eventually failed just due to thermal stress ageing of the
fuse itself. More common than people realize). I replaced it and the
microwave lasted another 8 years.

Best--
Ron (Electrical Engr)

Suzie-Q wrote in message
My microwave oven, a 10-year-old Tappan 1000 watt, has
kicked the bucket. Is it worth it to try to have it
repaired (are microwave ovens "repairable")? Do they have
fuses that can be changed by a lay person?

TIA,

8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

Due to the receipt of unmanagable amounts of SPAM,
I have had to add an extra letter to my e-mail
address. Remove the "x" to contact me directly.

---

Joseph Meehan July 28th 03 09:40 PM

Microwave Oven Question

Other than a fuse, some are rather easy to get to, some not, it is not
really worth trying to fix.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

jeff July 28th 03 09:51 PM

Microwave Oven Question

Suzie-Q wrote in message ...

Hi,

My microwave oven, a 10-year-old Tappan 1000 watt, has
kicked the bucket. Is it worth it to try to have it
repaired

Sure!

(are microwave ovens "repairable")?

Sure!

Do they have
fuses that can be changed by a lay person?

Microwaves have a fuse inside that can kill the entire unit from
operating if it lets go...usually the fuse opens up/lets go when
something else breaks ( door switch, capacitor, ect )

http://www.applianceaid.com/nuker.html
Some microwave helps.

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid