DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Adding insulation to old farmhouse (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/47804-adding-insulation-old-farmhouse.html)

BKS July 27th 03 02:00 PM

Adding insulation to old farmhouse

Hi,

Our local NSTAR has a great rebate program for weatherization. I'm going to
have a contractor remove vinyl siding and pump insulation into the wall,
repair the holes and reinstall the siding. Also going to have him add to the
attic insulation.

What should I be careful of in an old 130+ farmhouse? Suggestions or best
practices? Types of insulation, etc.

Thanks.

Kevin Ricks July 27th 03 02:14 PM

Adding insulation to old farmhouse

Does the place have 'modern' electrical wires (Romex)? If you have 'knob
and tube' wiring then you can't put any insulation in until the electrical
stuff is updated.
Kevin