James Keene

Default Adhesive for Green Marble Tile?

'nuther Bob wrote:
On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 14:59:20 -0700, "Charlie Spitzer"
wrote:

ask someone else at a tile store. it isn't going to flex; it'll break far
before it flexes much. there's a different thinset for granite/marble that
is white in color. i'd probably use that instead of an epoxy.

He is correct to the extent that green marble is porous. However, you
can just get the special thinset for green marble. About $25/bag at
H. Depot, AFAIR.

Bob

You're wrong.

James Keene

Lock Bar wrote:
Hi Folks, I am remodeling a bathroom and I had the idea of myself laying down
about 30 square feet of nice green marble floor tile. The price of the tile is
approx. $7.00 per square foot, and I'm not arguing about that. But the salesman
at the tile store told me that green marble floor tile requires a special epoxy
based adhesive. He said green marble is so porous it stands a good chance of
warpage and discoloration if standard floor tile adhesive is used. The special
epoxy adhesive will run me around $150-$200 just to lay down this 30 feet of
tile! I just want to know if I'm being "hosed" here on the epoxy story, and if
that glues cost is way out of line. Any advice will be appreciated.

he's right. latapoxy. latapoxy 300 to be exact.
http://www.laticrete.com/