DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   stinky fridge (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/47278-stinky-fridge.html)

Gary E July 16th 03 11:55 PM

stinky fridge

Something spoiled in the Fridge, we have cleaned it out but still have the
terrible taste and smell also in the ice. We have used baking soda but the
thing still stinks. Any ideas on how to get rid of the smell and in the ice?
Thanks,Gary

jim July 17th 03 01:37 AM

stinky fridge

Gary E wrote:

Something spoiled in the Fridge, we have cleaned it out but still have the
terrible taste and smell also in the ice. We have used baking soda but the
thing still stinks. Any ideas on how to get rid of the smell and in the ice?
Thanks,Gary

one of my refrigerators had a tray in it with charcoal when new.. how
about a small bag of charcoal set it it to absorb the odor?????

[email protected] July 17th 03 02:08 AM

stinky fridge

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 22:55:25 GMT, "Gary E" wrote:

Something spoiled in the Fridge, we have cleaned it out but still have the
terrible taste and smell also in the ice. We have used baking soda but the
thing still stinks. Any ideas on how to get rid of the smell and in the ice?
Thanks,Gary

check the drip pan under the fridge. it may have blood in it or some
other foriegn matter. once the liquid goes in the pan it is heated so
that it will evaporate. if its blood it will stink terribly.
george

Phisherman July 17th 03 02:16 AM

stinky fridge

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 22:55:25 GMT, "Gary E" wrote:

Something spoiled in the Fridge, we have cleaned it out but still have the
terrible taste and smell also in the ice. We have used baking soda but the
thing still stinks. Any ideas on how to get rid of the smell and in the ice?
Thanks,Gary

Unplug the fridge. Sponge the entire interior with full-strength
vinegar, then again use a baking soda wash. Use an old toothbrush to
get into all the crevices. Rinse and dry throughly. Throw out the
first bin of ice.

jeff July 17th 03 02:51 AM

stinky fridge

"Gary E" wrote in message . net...
Something spoiled in the Fridge, we have cleaned it out but still have the
terrible taste and smell also in the ice. We have used baking soda but the
thing still stinks. Any ideas on how to get rid of the smell and in the ice?
Thanks,Gary

Hi,

Some possible helps....
http://www.applianceaid.com/ice-odor.html