DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Help ASAP! Sprinkler Pipe Leak (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/47107-help-asap-sprinkler-pipe-leak.html)

Jim Beaver July 13th 03 02:45 AM

Help ASAP! Sprinkler Pipe Leak

I'm selling my home and I've got an open house tomorrow. I've discovered a
sprinkler pipe leak, apparently under a small brick patio. There's a
diagram of the area posted under "Sprinkler Pipe Leak" in
alt.binaries.pictures.misc . Can anyone tell me if there's a fast way to
fix this without digging up the patio?

(The X in the diagram indicates a place where water bubbles up.)

Thanks.

Jim Beaver

mark Ransley July 13th 03 03:47 AM

Help ASAP! Sprinkler Pipe Leak

relax, **** happens to all of us, just be honest, and get a few bids,,,,
water before people come out , and DONT LIE or it will screw you.
Things break, thats life

RamblinOn July 13th 03 05:19 AM

Jim Beaver wrote:

I'm selling my home and I've got an open house tomorrow. I've discovered a
sprinkler pipe leak, apparently under a small brick patio. There's a
diagram of the area posted under "Sprinkler Pipe Leak" in
alt.binaries.pictures.misc . Can anyone tell me if there's a fast way to
fix this without digging up the patio?

(The X in the diagram indicates a place where water bubbles up.)

Thanks.

Jim Beaver

I'd be inclined to run a new pipe around the patio. Could try to
connect a new length of pipe to the broken one, and see if you can pull
the old one out while pushing the new one through, or try to run a
length of flexible tubing inside the broken pipe. Or, tell the
potential purchaser about it and see if they will go for repairing it
themselves. Not a major problem, IMO.