Lorence M

Default Dehumidifier

Ed Kaz wrote:

I have just purshased a kenmore 64 quart dehumidifier for my basement and
have a few questions.

1. Does dehumidifier produce heat?? (it was cool in the basement before
installation).

2. Can I install it in a wall. I have a wall that seperates the work area
from the kids play room. Does the back of this unit have to be in the same
room (filter on back)??

Thanks for any help.
Ed

64 quart, 16 gallons. Is that the size of the tank? Mine can't be more
than 5 gallons.

Whatever, try to find a spot where you can run a hose to a drain.
The unit shuts off when the tank is full. The tank is a pain.
Dumping it is one of those things you will forget about.

It will likely take several days, to a week to get the humidity down.
If the unit shuts off and you forget about it, the humidity will build
back
up in a few days. Right back where you started.

Your basement will warm up, probably more than you want.

Mounting in a wall shouldn't be a problem, just give it plenty of room
to breath.

Set it about half way then play it by ear. Mine's been going for about
15 years. Have to admit I tend to forget about it for a few years at a
time.