Wade Lippman

Default Ceiling fan with pass through for existing light?

"Oz Scott" wrote in message
My wife and I cant decide on a fan for our kitchen. The trouble is the
lights. We really like the style of light we have now and dislike any we
have seen in a fan/combo.

Is it possible to buy a fan that would allow the use of our existing light
by connecting the old light to a new fan only unit?

Why would you connect the old light to a new fan? Do you mean you want one
switch to control both? Undesirable, but easy enough.
If something else, explain.

Art Todesco

I have seen, sorry I don't know where, a ceiling fan in which
there was an adapter available to attach a "generic" light. Go
to one of those trendy, custom-type lighting/fan places to
gather info. They may have some answers.

Davant95 wrote:
Read his message "We really like the style of light we have now ......"
that is what he mean.

You should be able if there is no obstruction as far the fan blade, if you
can figure out how to modify and attach your old light to the fan, and also
your clearance to the floor with the combined fan and existing light
together.

Davant95

"Wade Lippman" wrote in message

"Oz Scott" wrote in message
.. .

My wife and I cant decide on a fan for our kitchen. The trouble is the
lights. We really like the style of light we have now and dislike any we
have seen in a fan/combo.

Is it possible to buy a fan that would allow the use of our existing

light

by connecting the old light to a new fan only unit?

Why would you connect the old light to a new fan? Do you mean you want

one

switch to control both? Undesirable, but easy enough.
If something else, explain.

Lorence M

Oz Scott wrote:

My wife and I cant decide on a fan for our kitchen. The trouble is the
lights. We really like the style of light we have now and dislike any we
have seen in a fan/combo.

Is it possible to buy a fan that would allow the use of our existing light
by connecting the old light to a new fan only unit?

I looked at a Hunter (90% sure) ceiling fan that had an optional
light fixture. You could use the light or blank it out. Sorry can't
remember model. With a little luck you may adapt your fixture to the
fan, or to the blank, then attach the blank to the fan.
Buy the way Hunters seem to be well liked around here. Likely the one
I'll buy

Good luck
Lorence

O-T light bulb Fuddzy Woodworking 2 January 15th 04 04:43 PM
Changing a light bulb jay UK diy 11 October 18th 03 08:28 PM