donald girod

Default coating peeling off kitchen sink

Kitchen sinks are not very expensive and are not very hard to replace.
Sounds to me like you should start looking for one. If your sink has any
kind of peeling coating, god knows who did what to it.

"Mike" wrote in message
om...
I was washing dishes and noticed some sort of coating in my kitchen
sink is starting to peel off. It feels sort of like a wallpapery-type
laminate, very thin. I *think* this a stainless steel sink with a
porcelain finish that is showing underneath the peeling stuff.

What is it that's peeling? Is there an easy way to fix it?

Thanks,
Mike

Tom J

"Mike" wrote in message
om...
I was washing dishes and noticed some sort of coating in my kitchen
sink is starting to peel off. It feels sort of like a wallpapery-type
laminate, very thin. I *think* this a stainless steel sink with a
porcelain finish that is showing underneath the peeling stuff.

What is it that's peeling? Is there an easy way to fix it?

Thanks,
Mike

Mike, this is a house you bought used, right?
That sink has been refinished to make it look good for resale. These epoxy
finishes are not good on kitchen sinks. :-(
Go to the nearby home center and buy a new sink. They come in all price
points from well under $100. Just measure so you have some idea of the size
you need to fit the cutout in the countertop.

Tom J