Phisherman

Default whats the median for a used house in YOUR area?

90K - East Tennessee
MVB

Better question is cost per square foot.

Rockridge [North Oakland; One of 2 nice parts of oakland], CA
$800K. But that'll get you a whole 1600 sqft, which is $500/sqft. No view
nor water with that.

"Jim Waggener" wrote in message
I live in Mathews County, VA...on the Chesapeake Bay. Houses in this area
average 165K. Up to 2 mill for waterfront.

What is it in your area?

Jim Mc Namara

"Phisherman" wrote in message
90K - East Tennessee

We talking Knoxville or Morristown? :-)

Jim Mc Namara

Two Brothers Enterprises

Jim Waggener wrote:

I live in Mathews County, VA...on the Chesapeake Bay. Houses in this area
average 165K. Up to 2 mill for waterfront.

What is it in your area?

What difference does it make? You probably couldn't afford it anyway.
Jeff Cochran

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 20:09:28 GMT, Two Brothers Enterprises
wrote:

I live in Mathews County, VA...on the Chesapeake Bay. Houses in this area
average 165K. Up to 2 mill for waterfront.

What is it in your area?

County average is $285,000, in my city it's $642,000. Of course, you
could easily get this with a quick Google...

Jeff

Bill

Here's some low prices in rural Oregon...
(Some homes for 70K)

http://www.mtvw.net/buyers.asp

Tim Fischer

Not to sound rude, but why do you need to know? First of all, it depends on
how you define "median". Second of all, you can find this information out
by doing some surfing. Thirdly, the average person in this group (not being
a real-estate professional) probably has no idea what the "median" is for
their area -- it could widely differ from the value of their own home and
others they've seen sold recently.

In any city, there are going to be some nearly-unlivable shacks that bring
down the median, and some obnoxious mansions that bring it up. The question
is -- how much would a house that *I* want to live in cost? And that's
relative.

-Tim

Renata

Median - half above, half below.

In WashDC, if you broke it down into county or smaller areas, the
medians would vary widely. In fact, here's some info from
http://www.realtycouncil.com/pricesrose2001.asp

In 2001
Median was $210,000.
"The region’s highest median sales price was in Arlington, at
$290,000, and the lowest was in Prince George’s County, at $154,000."

Depending on location, for ~$200,000 you might be lucky to get a 1000
sq ft ranch.

Renata

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 15:43:53 GMT, "Tim Fischer"
wrote:

Not to sound rude, but why do you need to know? First of all, it depends on
how you define "median". Second of all, you can find this information out
by doing some surfing. Thirdly, the average person in this group (not being
a real-estate professional) probably has no idea what the "median" is for
their area -- it could widely differ from the value of their own home and
others they've seen sold recently.

In any city, there are going to be some nearly-unlivable shacks that bring
down the median, and some obnoxious mansions that bring it up. The question
is -- how much would a house that *I* want to live in cost? And that's
relative.

-Tim

Tim Fischer

I know what median means (I have a math degree) -- I just was saying that it
isn't a terribly useful figure for determining housing costs for an
individual. What one really wants to know is "what would my house be worth
in that market", or "what would my dream house be worth in a given market".
The "median" is a nice statistic, but can be wildy skewed depending on the
proportion of extremely rich folk in your area vs the poorest homeowners.

-Tim

SW

I recently sold my 1962 3 bedroom 2 bath ranch, approx 1900 sf for
$530,000. That was considered cheap. Morris County, NJ.

New homes here start at 1.5M

Insane

Pinging: All Wreckers regarding nutcase posting as me, Bay Area Dave. Puff Griffis Woodworking 40 March 13th 04 02:01 AM
Extending Basement Under House P Lavers UK diy 4 February 24th 04 11:53 AM
Cost of Renovating a 2-Bed Terraced House?? Melanie19 UK diy 12 December 1st 03 08:53 AM
house alteration costs. John UK diy 0 July 16th 03 07:02 PM
Central A/C cooling fine but humidity seems high D- Home Repair 6 July 3rd 03 08:40 PM