DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Toilet flapper closes too quickly (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/46788-toilet-flapper-closes-too-quickly.html)

jon July 5th 03 04:42 PM

Toilet flapper closes too quickly

Hi all:

No matter how I adjust the chain, my toilet flapper closes too
quickly. I get adequate water for a flush only if I hold the handle
down for 5 to 6 seconds. Any ideas?

Thanks

MF July 5th 03 05:11 PM

Toilet flapper closes too quickly

Ditto, that. I had the same problem. And get a good flapper, not the
Wal-Mart 99 cent special.

Maury
"donald girod" wrote in message
Get a new flapper. They are supposed to float for a bit before dropping

in
the hole. I imagine yours is leaking.

om...

Marilyn and Bob July 6th 03 03:53 AM

Toilet flapper closes too quickly

You can buy a flapper with a "bucket" on the back (think Fluidmaster makes
one). The bucket has holes in it that allows the water to drain out. The
full bucket holds the flapper open, as the water leaks out the flapper
closes. By selecting the number of open holes (it comes with pegs to close
the holes), you can choose how fast the water drains out and the flapper
closes.
--
Peace,
BobJ

"Phisherman" wrote in message
On 5 Jul 2003 08:42:40 -0700, (jon) wrote:

Hi all:

No matter how I adjust the chain, my toilet flapper closes too
quickly. I get adequate water for a flush only if I hold the handle
down for 5 to 6 seconds. Any ideas?

Thanks

That's the way all out three toilets flush. Push the handle down for
a light flush, and hold the handle down for a large flush. Saves
water.