tflfb

Default CBHvac

I thought that you might recomend a brand of heat pump, natural gas
furnace, or central air heating unit, you would buy if you were in the
market.

Thanks TomF

tflfb

Thanks For your reply.

Tom.

"CBHvac" wrote in message

"tflfb" wrote in message
I thought that you might recomend a brand of heat pump, natural gas
furnace, or central air heating unit, you would buy if you were in the
market.

Thanks TomF

Well...I WAS in themarketa while back, and of course, I went with what I
believe in and sell...York.

However, the name means little to the average person.
The installation is what you need to worry about. The name on the unit,
while impotant to a point, is not as large an issue as the quality of the
installation.
You can buy a top of theline Trane, York, Carrier, etc, spend $12,000 on

two
componets, and get a crappy install, and the cheapy unit next door that

was
installed right is kicking its butt..

If you are shopping around for a system, sure....look at what each brand

has
to offer...but do not pick a unit based on this...talk to the repective
contractors, and buy what the guy sells that is going to do you right.

Manual J, Manual D calculations... very important...even if you have an
existing system
Price...cheap, is not always good. IT depends on your area, but here, I

can
undercut everyone else, and STILL use the SAME parts, same quality, or
better, and still come out lower...and have the better installation....but
in most areas....that isnt the case.

Get a minimum of 4 quotes. If you have existing units, make sure that the
lineset is also being replaced. Ask lots of questions....get referals,

ask
your neighbors, friends and family who they use. Beware the hard core
salesman.
I sell more units, to people that are happy with the current company, by
simply showing the customer what the other company ISNT doing during
seasonal service..
I also dont think of myself as a salesman...I think of myself as someone,
that has a solution to your problem, and if you wish to buy from us, thats
great, and if not, then heres our card, and if we can help, let us know. I
lose a few..sure...there is plenty of work out there...but I also know
this...when we install a unit, it works...and it continues to work.

Ask lots of questions...no matter how silly, or stupid they might seem.
Write down everything...get educated...there is nothing wrong with asking
lots of questions, to see how the answers vary. The bottom line is that

YOU
have to chose the COMPANY that you feel will be in your best interests,

and
will serve you best.

I know its not easy, and there is no magic wand you can wave that makes

the
confusion go away...but there IS a dealer out there that isnt a crook,

that
will take care of you, and make sure your comfort is priority.

Good luck, and if you are shopping, let us know what you go with, and
why....it might help a few others understand.
Let us know even if you have a bad experence...and if you do, and things

are
not going well...let me know, e-mail or here, and I can help you get in
contact with the correct people to make things happen.

Dano

"tflfb" wrote in message
I thought that you might recomend a brand of heat pump, natural gas
furnace, or central air heating unit, you would buy if you were in the
market.

Thanks TomF

Believe in CDHvac, sound logical advice. This individual is a saint within
this newsgroup! Hope his finger gets better soon!!!

TURTLE

"tflfb" wrote in message
I thought that you might recomend a brand of heat pump, natural gas
furnace, or central air heating unit, you would buy if you were in the
market.

Thanks TomF

This is Turtle.

CB had the best answer of all but just me getting my personal taste in on
brand / model / type.

Arcoaire / ICP --- Gas furnace GNE series , Condenser HAC series , Heat
pump HHP series, and Air handlers the FCX series. This is a personal view
and other may very.

TURTLE

Kevin Gorman

"CBHvac" wrote in message

"tflfb" wrote in message
I thought that you might recomend a brand of heat pump, natural gas
furnace, or central air heating unit, you would buy if you were in the
market.

Get a minimum of 4 quotes. If you have existing units, make sure that the
lineset is also being replaced. Ask lots of questions....get referals,

ask
your neighbors, friends and family who they use. Beware the hard core
salesman.

Is the lineset the set of two copper tubes, one large, one small running
from the outside unit to the inside unit? When I state the question, it
sounds obvious, but...

What are the advantages of replacing the lineset on an existing system (and
disadvantages of not replacing)?

Thanks

kjpro

"TURTLE" wrote in message

"tflfb" wrote in message
I thought that you might recomend a brand of heat pump, natural gas
furnace, or central air heating unit, you would buy if you were in the
market.

Thanks TomF

This is Turtle.

CB had the best answer of all but just me getting my personal taste in on
brand / model / type.

Arcoaire / ICP --- Gas furnace GNE series , Condenser HAC series , Heat
pump HHP series, and Air handlers the FCX series. This is a personal view
and other may very.

TURTLE

I knew I liked you for some reason!! :-)

But, here the gas furnace preference is an H9MPD (92%, single-stage).
Or, the H9MPT (92%, 2-stage).

GNE is a good 80% though.

Gotta love those HAC's with the scroll compressors!

--
kjpro
_-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-_

( kjpro @ starband . net ) remove spaces to e-mail

Want it done yesterday? Or done right today, to save money tomorrow!!

_________________________ __

kjpro

"Kevin Gorman" wrote in message

"CBHvac" wrote in message

"tflfb" wrote in message
I thought that you might recomend a brand of heat pump, natural gas
furnace, or central air heating unit, you would buy if you were in the
market.

Get a minimum of 4 quotes. If you have existing units, make sure that

the
lineset is also being replaced. Ask lots of questions....get referals,

ask
your neighbors, friends and family who they use. Beware the hard core
salesman.

Is the lineset the set of two copper tubes, one large, one small running
from the outside unit to the inside unit? When I state the question, it
sounds obvious, but...

What are the advantages of replacing the lineset on an existing system

(and
disadvantages of not replacing)?

Yes, the line set is the copper pipe running between the condenser (outside)
and the evaporator (inside).
(liquid line "small" & suction line "larger & insulated")

For one, the reason to replace is to insure a clean and sound install.
(No junk in the line to worry about.)

Second, to run the correct size that the unit needs.
Two allow the unit to run properly and run at the proper efficiency.

--
kjpro
_-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-_

( kjpro @ starband . net ) remove spaces to e-mail

Want it done yesterday? Or done right today, to save money tomorrow!!

TURTLE

"kjpro" ( kjpro @ starband . com ) see-my-sig-for-e-mail wrote in message
t...
"TURTLE" wrote in message

"tflfb" wrote in message
[...]

The reason for using the 80% afue is we don't use furnaces very much at all.
I have a GNE in my house and turned it on for about 3 or 4 days all last
winter. I can't see the 92% by saving 12% of nothing is nothing.

TURTLE