Default Best value ($ vs R) home insulation + squirrel troubles.

I'm remodeling a older home. squirrels have been living in the attic
for the last 10 years or so, I'd guess. I have never seen such
un-nessisary destruction in a house. The previous owners had let the
squirrels chew just about through the rafters. I now have to drop the
second story ceiling, and install new timber/drywall and re-insulate
the attic while I'm up there. The smell of squirrel urine is strong in
the attic, and it is some times noticable throughout the house. What
can be used to clean up the squrrel urine, and after that problem is
taken care of, what's the most economical way to re-insulate the
attic, blown in insulation, or fiberglass rolls? I'm doing about 900
square feet of area.

Steve