rb

Default air compressor ?

What are quick/simple tests to figure out whether or not my pressure switch
and unloader valve are working OK on my piston/tank air compressor?

jim

rb wrote:

What are quick/simple tests to figure out whether or not my pressure switch
and unloader valve are working OK on my piston/tank air compressor?

when the air compressor shuts down you should hear air coming out like a
Puff.... like someone letting out steam....... thats the air that is
coming out to get the pressure off the piston so next time it starts up
it can do so and not be bogged down with that added pressure.......
the pressure switch shuts off the air compressor when it reached the
desired prsssure you have the gauge set to, like you need 40 lbs.
pressure... when the gauge goes to 40 lbs. the compressor should shut
down...... you also have a check valve(its at the tank, connecting the
larger tubing from the compressor to the tank... its job is to keep the
air in the tank and close off so the pressure from the tank does not go
back to the pistons.... if you start blowing fuses it might be the check
valve that is bad as it is leting the air back to the pistons and the
electric motor is laboring trying to pump the piston with this added
pressure on it.....

1st compressor for a novice woodworker Jason Antonitis Woodworking 3 March 19th 04 03:01 AM
Can Pan Cake Air Compressor Refill a 5-gal Air Tank for a Brad Gun? Jay Chan Woodworking 32 January 19th 04 05:56 AM
Air Compressor Safety? Shawn Lin Metalworking 14 October 15th 03 07:00 PM
Old Sears Air Compressor - Help Please jim Metalworking 9 August 15th 03 10:16 AM
Sears air compressor starting problem Barry Criner Woodworking 0 July 13th 03 10:39 PM