DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   adjusting refrigerator door (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/46282-adjusting-refrigerator-door.html)

Mike Salazar June 24th 03 03:56 AM

adjusting refrigerator door

I have an Amana fridge door that has worn down the $2.25 piece of
plastic that sits above the lower door hinge. To replace this piece,
I've been told to loosen up the top hinge but not the bottom hinge and
then lift the door up slightly to replace plastic. Does anyone have
anymore tips or suggesitons? Thanks in advance!!

Mike Salazar

Wayne's Locks June 24th 03 08:32 AM

adjusting refrigerator door

Thats all there is to it. You are raising the door off the lower hinge pin
so that you can take out the old piece and install the new one. Ten minute
job. Wayne
om...

jeff June 24th 03 03:14 PM

(Mike Salazar) wrote in message . com...
I have an Amana fridge door that has worn down the $2.25 piece of
plastic that sits above the lower door hinge. To replace this piece,
I've been told to loosen up the top hinge but not the bottom hinge and
then lift the door up slightly to replace plastic. Does anyone have
anymore tips or suggesitons? Thanks in advance!!

Mike Salazar

Hi,

This is more for the GE door ride up...but same principles on the
Amana door...

http://www.applianceaid.com/geride-up.html

With the food off of the door and the power off you -shouldn't- have
much problems as this is a fairly easy repair :)

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/