DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Lamp ratings (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/46217-re-lamp-ratings.html)

Ed Price June 23rd 03 12:33 AM

Lamp ratings

Yuckio:

Such a lucid reply; too bad you're about a week too late to be relevant.

Ed

"yukio" wrote in message
a...
What a bunch of " DIMWITS" , deliberate pun intended. The answer to

the
question is a 60 watt lamp (ie) the fixture is rated to dissippate 60

watts
of power without becoming uncomfortably HOT . Any higher loads would

create
a potential fire hazzard !
A 88 watt rated 100 W-emulating bulb is still 88 watts !

Most of the previous replies are a study in obfuscation !

Yukio

Ed Price wrote in message

wrote in message
I wonder why so many lamps are rated 60W.

I have a lot of 100W and 150W bulbs in areas where I work.

I mean, why should a mostly-metalic goosneck desk lamp say 60W?

What if I put an 88-W-arated 100-W-emulating bulb in it?

indago June 23rd 03 09:14 AM

Lamp ratings

wrote in message
I wonder why so many lamps are rated 60W.

I have a lot of 100W and 150W bulbs in areas where I work.

I mean, why should a mostly-metalic goosneck desk lamp say 60W?

What if I put an 88-W-arated 100-W-emulating bulb in it?

Yes...

That has already been hashed, and rehashed; over and over again.