DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Anderson Windows Storm windows? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/403030-re-anderson-windows-storm-windows.html)

[email protected] October 21st 16 12:57 PM

Anderson Windows Storm windows?

On Saturday, January 6, 2001 at 11:53:20 AM UTC-5, wrote:
I'd like to get some storm windows for our Anderson windows. We have
mostly double hung and one casement that I'd like to winterize a bit
more. We have the screens with the little latches that snap into the
outside part of the window. I checked on the Anderson window web site
in hopes of finding information on whether or not they have storm
windows that can be used in place of their screens. I had no luck.

I haven't checked at HD or Lowe's yet. Who may have them?

Karen

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

I have same type of windows and would like to find a outside storm window like the screens but with Plexiglas. It does make a difference. I've been putting shrink wrap window coverings on my screens. I have 2 living room windows next to each other. During a hard cold winter one of the shrink wraps tore off. The one without shrink wrap had a lot more inside condensation and it even froze the water on the window. That sold me. I definitely shrink wrap my windows from now on but it's a pain every Fall.

DerbyDad03 October 21st 16 04:14 PM

On Friday, October 21, 2016 at 7:57:36 AM UTC-4, wrote:
[...]

(Yes, I know this thread is many years old.)

You need new windows.

You also need to reduce the amount of moisture in your house.