Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Strong unbearable chemical smell in bathroom

I seem to have a similar problem. I am thinking it might be mold in the grout. This is because I sealed the grout and the smell along with the dark color went away. However, a week later the smell returned. Also, the smell gets more intense after a hot shower is used. So I plan to have a mold remediation tech treat the grout with Hydrogen Peroxide this Friday. Although I am not sure if it would penetrate the grout sufficiently to kill all of the mold. But lets see if it works. Using vinegar may be another way.
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Jymmeh1993, MARY ANN BURGESS wrote:
I have had the same issue for a couple of years now. It is the finish on a
new toilet seat. The seat is wood with a white finish. I purchase a "Church"
Wood Brand. Smelled awful. I just replaced it with a Kohler wood seat, also
with a white finish. Bathroom absolutely smells horrible! Not sure how to
remove the smell, but this has been the culprit in my bathroom.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...m-1111217-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to jkerr1635, Yeager2019 wrote:
What did you end up doing to make the smell go away? We are dealing with same
issue now, the smell is overwhelming and has not dissipated over the last
week.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...m-1111217-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

We are experiencing the same exact thing. Replaced tile in shower and put in new toilet. Very strong chemical smell that lingers in bathroom. Not a sewer gas smell.
Posted to alt.home.repair

You're not crazy hun. Don't listen to that other person that responded he's crazy! I built a 5400 square foot home 15 years ago. And I flipped 11 houses. I've never smelled the smell before. Until today. I'm at my son's house babysitting his dogs. Every time I went in the bathroom I had trouble breathing. I didn't really smell anything. I was getting a little chilly out because we're supposed to have 25 degree weather tomorrow, in the month of May, which is crazy. So I shut the bathroom door to get it warmer in his house. An hour later I went to go use his bathroom, and I literally almost passed out. I had carbon monoxide poisoning before and the symptoms felt a a little bit like that. But the carbon monoxide I could not smell this has a very strong adhesive odor. I left a message on my plumber friends voicemail waiting for his response. So I started looking on Google and I found this thing that I'm writing on. As soon as I find something out, I'll let you all know. I'm using voice text cuz I cannot find my glasses. So hopefully voice text road I was incorrectly cuz I can't see what this is writing lol.

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to connie.steffey, MCS_ RN wrote:
Has this every gone away? Im having an issue with this chemical smell in my
bathroom Post renovation. Its horrible

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...m-1111217-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to jkerr1635, MCS_ RN wrote:
Did you install it? Did the smell go away? Help me!!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...m-1111217-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to matthewdavisclt, MCS_ RN wrote:
Did you figure it out? I cant figure it out. Its so horrible in my
bathroom.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...m-1111217-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...m-1111217-.htm

Chemical Smell From Oven Jo UK diy 17 May 18th 20 10:10 PM
chemical smell in home and freezer not as cold as before lora Home Repair 14 October 21st 09 03:45 AM
Strong Chlorine smell in spa Mojo Jojo Home Repair 14 January 7th 08 07:12 PM
Chemical smell in well water Rand Reed Home Repair 44 January 5th 07 05:03 PM
Strong Smell Of Gas from Flue eevoob UK diy 9 May 15th 05 02:12 PM