DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   PVC glue "jelly-like" (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/401990-re-pvc-glue-jelly-like.html)

Phil Hart September 24th 16 05:14 AM

PVC glue "jelly-like"

replying to Corey872, Phil Hart wrote:
Would acetone work as a solvent?

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ke-486595-.htm

burfordTjustice September 24th 16 11:32 AM

PVC glue "jelly-like"

On Sat, 24 Sep 2016 04:14:02 +0000
Phil Hart m wrote:

replying to Corey872, Phil Hart wrote:
Would acetone work as a solvent?

posted on November 18, 2003, 1:55 pm in the last 13 years
a new can has been obtained.

trader_4 September 24th 16 05:24 PM

PVC glue "jelly-like"

On Saturday, September 24, 2016 at 12:14:06 AM UTC-4, Phil Hart wrote:
replying to Corey872, Phil Hart wrote:
Would acetone work as a solvent?

Typical Home Moaners post. Thirteen year old thread. Would it work
as a solvent? Sure, I'd use it to get PVC cement off my tools or maybe my
fingers. Would I use it to thin out old jelly like cement and use it
to glue my water lines, which apparently was the question, NO.

Phil Hart September 25th 16 09:44 PM

PVC glue "jelly-like"

replying to trader_4, Phil Hart wrote:
Thanks for the answer, no need to be a dick about it.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ke-486595-.htm

burfordTjustice September 25th 16 10:16 PM

PVC glue "jelly-like"

On Sun, 25 Sep 2016 20:44:01 +0000
Phil Hart m wrote:

replying to trader_4, Phil Hart wrote:
Thanks for the answer, no need to be a dick about it.

He can not help himself, his gal hillary is in trouble.

Bob_Villa September 25th 16 10:37 PM

PVC glue "jelly-like"

On Friday, September 23, 2016 at 11:14:06 PM UTC-5, Phil Hart wrote:
replying to Corey872, Phil Hart wrote:
Would acetone work as a solvent?

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ke-486595-.htm

I tried to salvage some years ago with acetone...it did not work. You can't get the consistency back...I believe it absorbs moisture when it thickens.

JavaMan August 1st 17 05:44 PM

PVC glue "jelly-like"

replying to trader_4, JavaMan wrote:
Why not? Acetone is one of the ingredients of the PVC cement.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ke-486595-.htm