DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Rain barrels: First Flush vs Swirl (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/401697-rain-barrels-first-flush-vs-swirl.html)

dream weaver September 18th 16 12:03 AM

Rain barrels: First Flush vs Swirl

I added a swirl filter I made out of spare parts to the setup. After the
first two rain storms I realized too much crap was getting in. I could
only hold the water for less than a week because of the crap and high temps.

The Aussies primarily use first flush systems but I over heard some guy
mention a swirl filter so I thought I'd give it a shot mainly because I
can't think of an easy way to make a first flush. This one is small but
rain doesn't usually come in very fast from the divert-er. I think just
over half of the water gets in. Keep in mind I made this from spare
parts. I made an even smaller one out of a 1 gal pitcher for my 80 gal
setup. I'm betting the water will be slow enough for a tiny swirl to be
effective. Either way... I may learn something.

http://www.safaricabs.com/swirl2.jpg
http://www.safaricabs.com/swirl 1.jpg
http://www.safaricabs.com/rain.jpg

dw

dream weaver September 18th 16 12:08 AM

correct link

On 9/17/2016 6:03 PM, dream weaver wrote:
p://www.safaricabs.com/swirl 1.jpg

should be

http://www.safaricabs.com/swirl1.jpg

burfordTjustice September 18th 16 06:28 PM

Rain barrels: First Flush vs Swirl

On Sat, 17 Sep 2016 18:03:20 -0500
dream weaver wrote:

[...]

First flush is always better

Bob_Villa September 18th 16 06:35 PM

dream weaver wrote:

[...]

I only wish we could flush you back to your cesspool.