DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Moving sofa cushion problem (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/400167-moving-sofa-cushion-problem.html)

Andy[_35_] August 12th 16 05:52 AM

Moving sofa cushion problem

I have a problem with a cushion on my sofa.

It constantly moves forward within minutes of sitting on it and I have to keep pushing it back.

I tried attaching 4 inch wide strips of velcro but it would not hold.

Any other ideas ?

Thanks,
Andy

Uncle Monster[_2_] August 12th 16 06:16 AM

On Thursday, August 11, 2016 at 11:52:47 PM UTC-5, Andy wrote:
I have a problem with a cushion on my sofa.

It constantly moves forward within minutes of sitting on it and I have to keep pushing it back.

I tried attaching 4 inch wide strips of velcro but it would not hold.

Any other ideas ?

Thanks,
Andy

Seat belts? Gorilla Glue?..........^_^

[8~{} Uncle Couch Monster

ChairMan[_6_] August 12th 16 07:45 AM

Andy wrote:
I have a problem with a cushion on my sofa.

It constantly moves forward within minutes of sitting on
it and I
have to keep pushing it back.

I tried attaching 4 inch wide strips of velcro but it
would not hold.

Any other ideas ?

Thanks,
Andy

Is it fabric, leather or vinyl? You can try some drawer
liner mesh/waffle pad or some thin carpet pad that they use
for area rugs. The only other solution would be to attach D
rings to the back of the cushionc and clips with elastic or
fabric straps to the back of the sofa under the bottom
inside back rail.

Thomas August 12th 16 02:03 PM

On Friday, August 12, 2016 at 12:52:47 AM UTC-4, Andy wrote:
I have a problem with a cushion on my sofa.

It constantly moves forward within minutes of sitting on it and I have to keep pushing it back.

I tried attaching 4 inch wide strips of velcro but it would not hold.

Any other ideas ?

Thanks,
Andy

Put something smooth under the cushion if it is directional fibers.

DerbyDad03 August 12th 16 02:06 PM

Moving sofa cushion problem

On Friday, August 12, 2016 at 12:52:47 AM UTC-4, Andy wrote:
I have a problem with a cushion on my sofa.

It constantly moves forward within minutes of sitting on it and I have to keep pushing it back.

I tried attaching 4 inch wide strips of velcro but it would not hold.

Any other ideas ?

Thanks,
Andy

Is this a new occurrence on an old couch or a couch (new or old) that has
exhibited this problem since day one?