Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Oxygen concentrator sound level

We now have an oxygen concentrator in our house and it is noisy. What have any of you seen or done to reduce the sound output
from one of these machines?

www.invacare.com/Platinum_10_Concentrator

Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/22/2016 6:32 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
We now have an oxygen concentrator in our house and it is noisy. What have any of you seen or done to reduce the sound output
from one of these machines?

www.invacare.com/Platinum_10_Concentrator

Thanks.

Can't see page. Is this US? Thought machines were quieter.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/22/2016 3:32 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
We now have an oxygen concentrator in our house and it is noisy. What have any of you seen or done to reduce the sound output
from one of these machines?

www.invacare.com/Platinum_10_Concentrator

Thanks.

That can't be! "Quiet oxygen concentrator includes Invacare HomeFill
system port for inventory flexibility."

http://www.invacare.com/cgi-bin/imhq...OID=-536890256

I have no idea - did the company say that your unit is "quiet"?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 5:33:46 PM UTC-5, Gordon Shumway wrote:
We now have an oxygen concentrator in our house and it is noisy. What have any of you seen or done to reduce the sound output
from one of these machines?

www.invacare.com/Platinum_10_Concentrator

Thanks.

We had these in a nursing facility, ask kindly for another unit. They become more noisy after they have been worked-on and their aging process. New ones are definitely quieter. I'm assuming this is a rental unit?
If you bought it, you can put a longer tube/extension, and put it in another room. You shouldn't enclose it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 22 Jul 2016 18:39:22 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

On 7/22/2016 6:32 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
We now have an oxygen concentrator in our house and it is noisy. What have any of you seen or done to reduce the sound output
from one of these machines?

www.invacare.com/Platinum_10_Concentrator

Thanks.

Can't see page. Is this US? Thought machines were quieter.

Yes it's US. Use the link that Taxed and Spent posted -- his works.

They claim to be quiet but it's relative. It is quieter than rolling along beside an 18 wheeler at 60 MPH but it's difficult
to get to sleep with it running, even in when it's in a different room.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/22/2016 6:49 PM, Taxed and Spent wrote:
On 7/22/2016 3:32 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
We now have an oxygen concentrator in our house and it is noisy. What
have any of you seen or done to reduce the sound output
from one of these machines?

www.invacare.com/Platinum_10_Concentrator

Thanks.

That can't be! "Quiet oxygen concentrator includes Invacare HomeFill
system port for inventory flexibility."

http://www.invacare.com/cgi-bin/imhq...OID=-536890256

I have no idea - did the company say that your unit is "quiet"?

I see site from your url. Says quiet and another site says 58 dB which
may be about normal speaking voice level or a refrigerator running.
Maybe not real noisy but could be a problem when sleeping. I'd probably
locate the unit outside the bed room or use ear plugs.

Oxygen output can be more than most people need and I believe there are
portable battery operated units that are much smaller.

Many years ago before these units were available I almost had to use
oxygen at home but fortunately didn't. It could be a pain with tanks
and liquid delivered to your house and lines running all over the house.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 22 Jul 2016 15:49:59 -0700, Taxed and Spent wrote:

On 7/22/2016 3:32 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
We now have an oxygen concentrator in our house and it is noisy. What have any of you seen or done to reduce the sound output
from one of these machines?

www.invacare.com/Platinum_10_Concentrator

Thanks.

That can't be! "Quiet oxygen concentrator includes Invacare HomeFill
system port for inventory flexibility."

http://www.invacare.com/cgi-bin/imhq...OID=-536890256

I have no idea - did the company say that your unit is "quiet"?

The rep that delivered it (we don't own it we rent it) said "You'll get used to it." He said the one the VA uses is "a little
quieter, but not much." The nearest VA is about 60 miles away and for "a little quieter" I'm reluctant to get involved with
the VA.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 22 Jul 2016 16:08:54 -0700 (PDT), bob_villain wrote:

On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 5:33:46 PM UTC-5, Gordon Shumway wrote:
We now have an oxygen concentrator in our house and it is noisy. What have any of you seen or done to reduce the sound output
from one of these machines?

www.invacare.com/Platinum_10_Concentrator

Thanks.

We had these in a nursing facility, ask kindly for another unit. They become more noisy after they have been worked-on and their aging process. New ones are definitely quieter. I'm assuming this is a rental unit?
If you bought it, you can put a longer tube/extension, and put it in another room. You shouldn't enclose it.

Yes, it's a rental unit. It has a 50 foot hose on it and it's down the hall and in the family room about 40 feet away, but
it's a lot noisier than a mouse ****in' on a blotter. :-(
Posted to alt.home.repair

I will assume that you choose not to engage...or you have me blocked. You're not my favorite either, but I have worked on these at a nursing home. Maintenance for 16 yrs.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 6:40:46 PM UTC-5, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Fri, 22 Jul 2016 16:08:54 -0700 (PDT), bob_villain wrote:

On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 5:33:46 PM UTC-5, Gordon Shumway wrote:
We now have an oxygen concentrator in our house and it is noisy. What have any of you seen or done to reduce the sound output
from one of these machines?

www.invacare.com/Platinum_10_Concentrator

Thanks.

We had these in a nursing facility, ask kindly for another unit. They become more noisy after they have been worked-on and their aging process. New ones are definitely quieter. I'm assuming this is a rental unit?
If you bought it, you can put a longer tube/extension, and put it in another room. You shouldn't enclose it.

Yes, it's a rental unit. It has a 50 foot hose on it and it's down the hall and in the family room about 40 feet away, but
it's a lot noisier than a mouse ****in' on a blotter. :-(

They have a compressor in them and can become noisy...I would ask for another unit, preferably, newer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 7/22/2016 3:32 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
We now have an oxygen concentrator in our house and it is noisy.
What have any of you seen or done to reduce the sound output from
one of these machines?

www.invacare.com/Platinum_10_Concentrator

Thanks.

That can't be! "Quiet oxygen concentrator includes Invacare HomeFill
system port for inventory flexibility."

http://www.invacare.com/cgi-bin/imhq...OID=-536890256

I have no idea - did the company say that your unit is "quiet"?

The rep that delivered it (we don't own it we rent it) said "You'll
get used to it." He said the one the VA uses is "a little quieter,
but not much." The nearest VA is about 60 miles away and for "a
little quieter" I'm reluctant to get involved with the VA.

Might be different where you are (I'm in N. central Arkansas) , but I have
nothing but good things to say about VA medical care . Because I live more
than 40 miles from the nearest facility , they set me up with an appointment
with a local (and very very good) Ortho guy to look at the torn muscles in
my arm . My visits to the nearest facility for annual physical checkups have
also been great - and no extended waits for an appointment .

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/22/2016 6:32 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
We now have an oxygen concentrator in our house and it is noisy. What have any of you seen or done to reduce the sound output
from one of these machines?

www.invacare.com/Platinum_10_Concentrator

Thanks.

IMO, the Invacare units are not a quiet as some others, especially the
10 liter model. . None are as quiet as a refrigerator if that is what
you are expecting.

Note also, that unit is capable of putting out 10 lpm. Most patients
are on 2 lpm and rare cases to 4 lpm. If you actually need 10 liters
you are in serious trouble.

Check with your supplier and see if they have other units that are less
capacity, but quieter. I like AirSep or Devilbiss.

As for location, if you have a spare room where you can close the door
it makes a big difference. It should be well ventilated though, at
least in summer an open window.

If you are in an area of low humidity you should have a humidifier
bottle too. You fill it with distilled water and the flow bubbles
through it.

If you go out a lot with oxygen ask for a conserver unit and home fill
system. A standard D tank is heavy and will last about 4 hours on 2lpm.
With a conserver system you can get a smaller 3000psi tank that will
last about 8 hours. Easier to handle in a carry case with a strap.
They are expensive so many suppliers don't want to give them to you.

The only true quiet systems use liquid oxygen. They are rare these days
as the tank has to be filled every 8 days or so, but they are dead quiet.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 8:11:14 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

Ed is up to date, we occasionally would accept folks requiring more than 10lpm and would need 2 machines with a Y connection. Not good!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 22 Jul 2016 16:51:12 -0700 (PDT), bob_villain wrote:

[...]

I originally had a 5 liter unit, with about 29,000 hours, and the Homefill II companion. When I complained about the lengthy
time required to fill the tanks I was given the 10 liter unit that had about 1500 hours on the clock. It was noticeably
quieter but still not what I would classify as quiet.

I was told the Homefill II system required a minimum of 2 LPM to fill the tanks and could use up to 3 LPM. With my need of 3
LPM that put the Homefill II system getting only the minimum for oxygen.

I was hoping there was some sort of sound absorbing material that could be placed near the unit, not encapsulating it, to
help reduce the noise.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 22 Jul 2016 16:47:57 -0700 (PDT), bob_villain wrote:

On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 6:21:51 PM UTC-5, Gordon Shumway wrote:

I will assume that you choose not to engage...or you have me blocked. You're not my favorite either, but I have worked on these at a nursing home. Maintenance for 16 yrs.

Neither. See my response to one of your other posts in this thread.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 8:57:25 PM UTC-5, Gordon Shumway wrote:
[...]

Alf, is this a sleeping issue? Have you tried 3M ear plugs?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 22 Jul 2016 21:11:06 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 7/22/2016 6:32 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
We now have an oxygen concentrator in our house and it is noisy. What have any of you seen or done to reduce the sound output
from one of these machines?

www.invacare.com/Platinum_10_Concentrator

Thanks.

IMO, the Invacare units are not a quiet as some others, especially the
10 liter model. . None are as quiet as a refrigerator if that is what
you are expecting.

I had never seen one of these units before and was surprised at their noise.

Note also, that unit is capable of putting out 10 lpm. Most patients
are on 2 lpm and rare cases to 4 lpm. If you actually need 10 liters
you are in serious trouble.

I'm at 3 LPM.

Check with your supplier and see if they have other units that are less
capacity, but quieter. I like AirSep or Devilbiss.

Thanks for that info.

As for location, if you have a spare room where you can close the door
it makes a big difference. It should be well ventilated though, at
least in summer an open window.

It's as far from the bedroom that the 50 foot hose allows.

If you are in an area of low humidity you should have a humidifier
bottle too. You fill it with distilled water and the flow bubbles
through it.

Illinois is not known for low humidity in the summer.

If you go out a lot with oxygen ask for a conserver unit and home fill
system. A standard D tank is heavy and will last about 4 hours on 2lpm.
With a conserver system you can get a smaller 3000psi tank that will
last about 8 hours. Easier to handle in a carry case with a strap.
They are expensive so many suppliers don't want to give them to you.

I have one case but it's not the most convenient and will be ordering one from a different manufacturer when the retailer's
inventory is replenished.

The only true quiet systems use liquid oxygen. They are rare these days
as the tank has to be filled every 8 days or so, but they are dead quiet.

Progress is good, but there are times the good old days have appeal. :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 22 Jul 2016 19:02:34 -0700 (PDT), bob_villain wrote:

[...]

Hehe, not many seem to remember Alf. Yes, it is a sleeping issue, more for my wife than me though. I'll suggest the ear plugs
to her... again.

BTW, I know I'm not your favorite. Uncle Monster always was. ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 22 Jul 2016 18:39:22 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

On 7/22/2016 6:32 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
We now have an oxygen concentrator in our house and it is noisy. What have any of you seen or done to reduce the sound output
from one of these machines?

www.invacare.com/Platinum_10_Concentrator

Thanks.

Can't see page. Is this US? Thought machines were quieter.

Portable?

I just saw a 20-year neighbor last night and for the first time he had
a portable one. There were two people sitting between me and him, at
a table, plus it was probably on the far side of him, and I didn't
hear it. The guy retired from the fire department on disability
years ago, and he's seemed fine all this time, but I resisted drawing
conclusions. But he probably was, and I guess for sure he is now.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 22 Jul 2016 23:48:15 -0400, Micky wrote:

On Fri, 22 Jul 2016 18:39:22 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

On 7/22/2016 6:32 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
We now have an oxygen concentrator in our house and it is noisy. What have any of you seen or done to reduce the sound output
from one of these machines?

www.invacare.com/Platinum_10_Concentrator

Thanks.

Can't see page. Is this US? Thought machines were quieter.

Portable?

No, it's for use in the home -- stationary.

http://www.invacare.com/cgi-bin/imhq...OID=-536890256

I just saw a 20-year neighbor last night and for the first time he had
a portable one. There were two people sitting between me and him, at
a table, plus it was probably on the far side of him, and I didn't
hear it. The guy retired from the fire department on disability
years ago, and he's seemed fine all this time, but I resisted drawing
conclusions. But he probably was, and I guess for sure he is now.

I've been looking at those. I've only been on oxygen therapy for about 4 months and haven't decided if I want to spend 3
grand on one of those units to replace the cylinders. Maybe some day.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/22/2016 4:47 PM, bob_villain wrote:
On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 6:21:51 PM UTC-5, Gordon Shumway wrote:

I will assume that you choose not to engage...or you have me blocked.

You're not my favorite either, but I have worked on these at a nursing
home.

Maintenance for 16 yrs.

At the risk of hijacking the thread, I need some help with an oxygen
concentrator.
I'm finding almost zero info on the machine.
I've asked around at medical stores. They all seem paranoid and
don't want to offer any advice at all. They claim they just send them
back to the vendor for service. That ain't gonna happen.

I bought it at a garage sale with the intention of using it
as an oxygen generator for a small oxy-propane torch. They claimed
it worked. Date codes suggest that it's little used.

Invacare XPO100
Software version 3
PM due 9/2018

Was missing external filter.
Internal filter is dirty, but not restrictive.
Removing it didn't fix error.

Press to level 5
Press + and Battery Level to put into continuous mode.
Runs about 30 seconds until error
Error Code: 3 and 4 lights on.
Pressing + and - gives no secondary error code.
Manual says
Abnormal Compressor Operation.
It does seem to put out something, but it's not concentrated
oxygen. Apparently, they take a while to "get up to speed."

It has a demand sensor, but I'm not about to suck on it.
No idea what killed the previous owner. ;-)
I thought continuous mode would eliminate the possibility
that it requires demand.

Is this thing fixable? Would be nice if it's just operator
error.
I don't need any medical certifications,
just oxygen that makes propane burn hotter.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Gordon Shumway" wrote in message
We now have an oxygen concentrator in our house and it is noisy. What have
any of you seen or done to reduce the sound output
from one of these machines?

www.invacare.com/Platinum_10_Concentrator

They vary considerably in noise level both from manufacturer to manufacturer
and from model to model. I have used two in conjunction with my CPAP thing:
the first was pretty noisy; the second - a Resperonics Everflo - is not,
can't even hear it from 4-6 feet away.

Our bed's headboard abuts a bathroom wall. The machine is in a cabinet on
that wall in the bathroom. I led the supply tube through the common wall to
the CPAP machine. Naturally, the cabinet doors are open for heat
dissapation when the machine is on.

BTW, the prices on these machines vary greatly. The one I now have can be
purchased at prices as low as $600 but my insurance company leases it. The
provider bills them $300/mo, they pay $100/mo. Yes, $100/mo. for a machine
that can be purchased for $600. With a 3 year warranty. MediCare...The
World's Greatest Opportunity to Get Rich.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 23 Jul 2016 00:20:37 -0700, mike wrote:

At the risk of hijacking the thread, I need some help with an oxygen
concentrator.
I'm finding almost zero info on the machine.
I've asked around at medical stores. They all seem paranoid and
don't want to offer any advice at all. They claim they just send them
back to the vendor for service. That ain't gonna happen.

I bought it at a garage sale with the intention of using it
as an oxygen generator for a small oxy-propane torch. They claimed
it worked. Date codes suggest that it's little used.

Invacare XPO100
Software version 3
PM due 9/2018

You can get the owners manual here
http://www.invacare.com/cgi-bin/imhq...?prodID=XPO100

Yes, most medical places send them back for certified repair shops
since they are dealing with a medical device. Potential liability if
you FUp

It may require you to be breathing on a cannula even in continuous
mode, but I don't know for sure. I did not read the manual. Many
portable units give oxygen only when the patient is breathing in and
stop when they exhale.

I have no idea how you intend to use this with a torch. Unlike a
tank, there is no real pressure or regulation.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I was hoping there was some sort of sound absorbing material that could be
placed near the unit, not encapsulating it, to
help reduce the noise.

You could put it in a box lined with acoustical tiles but you'd have to
provide for air supply and heat dissapation with vents or fan.

You could set up posts and drape material around and over them, leaving gaps
at top and bottom.

You could put it in another room and close the room to that room and the
door to the room where you are.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I was hoping there was some sort of sound absorbing material that could be
placed near the unit, not encapsulating it, to
help reduce the noise.

You could put it in a box lined with acoustical tiles but you'd have to
provide for air supply and heat dissapation with vents or fan.

You could set up posts and drape material around and over them, leaving gaps
at top and bottom.

You could put it in another room and close the room to that room and the
door to the room where you are.

put a extension air line on the unit, put it in another room, where the noise wouldnt cause issues

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 9:58:01 PM UTC-5, Gordon Shumway wrote:
[...]

You are still popular...on the internet and retro-channels. Google image your name once. http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8xmaudgv.jpg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/23/2016 07:52 AM, dadiOH wrote:
BTW, the prices on these machines vary greatly. The one I now have can be
purchased at prices as low as $600 but my insurance company leases it. The
provider bills them $300/mo, they pay $100/mo. Yes, $100/mo. for a machine
that can be purchased for $600. With a 3 year warranty. MediCare...The
World's Greatest Opportunity to Get Rich.

Sleep apnea has several causes but a preventable one is when people are
so fat that their airways become obstructed and their lungs don't have
room to breath.

Medicare should give these fatties a two year warning to either lose
weight and eliminate the CPAP dependence or pay for the CPAP themselves.

Or maybe we should treat junk foods like cigarettes and tax the hell out
of them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/23/2016 7:52 AM, dadiOH wrote:

BTW, the prices on these machines vary greatly. The one I now have can be
purchased at prices as low as $600 but my insurance company leases it. The
provider bills them $300/mo, they pay $100/mo. Yes, $100/mo. for a machine
that can be purchased for $600. With a 3 year warranty. MediCare...The
World's Greatest Opportunity to Get Rich.

Ah, not really. They cut the payments 24% as of July 1 and will
probably put some of the suppliers out of business. That $100 covers a
machine that can cost up to $3000 for a good one, all the supplies,
portable tanks, service, delivery, and a replacement at 2 AM if your
stops working.

I know two people in the business and used to work part time for one of
them. When the rates were higher, they made a decent living, but with
present rates they are considering closing. When you bill that $100 you
can also wait a long time to get paid too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/22/2016 6:32 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
We now have an oxygen concentrator in our house and it is noisy. What have any of you seen or done to reduce the sound output
from one of these machines?

www.invacare.com/Platinum_10_Concentrator

Thanks.

Build a box around it padded with acoustic tiles.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/23/2016 2:16 PM, Steve Stone wrote:
On 7/22/2016 6:32 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
We now have an oxygen concentrator in our house and it is noisy. What have any of you seen or done to reduce the sound output
from one of these machines?

www.invacare.com/Platinum_10_Concentrator

Thanks.

Build a box around it padded with acoustic tiles.

Put the unit in the basement, drill a hole thru the floor, add a hose extension of some sort and you're done.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/23/2016 2:16 PM, Steve Stone wrote:
On 7/22/2016 6:32 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
We now have an oxygen concentrator in our house and it is noisy. What
have any of you seen or done to reduce the sound output
from one of these machines?

www.invacare.com/Platinum_10_Concentrator

Thanks.

Build a box around it padded with acoustic tiles.

Then add a refrigeration unit to move out the heat so the compressor
does not burn out. .
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/23/2016 2:54 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/23/2016 2:16 PM, Steve Stone wrote:
On 7/22/2016 6:32 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
We now have an oxygen concentrator in our house and it is noisy. What
have any of you seen or done to reduce the sound output
from one of these machines?

www.invacare.com/Platinum_10_Concentrator

Thanks.

Build a box around it padded with acoustic tiles.

Then add a refrigeration unit to move out the heat so the compressor
does not burn out. .

Yeah, that's really a problem. I put one in a walk in closet; not a
really big closet, but still a walk in and it raised the temp a whole
lot. So much that I was concerned about the unit overheating and
causing other problems. As someone said, put it as far away as possible
and add extra hose.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 9:58:01 PM UTC-5, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Fri, 22 Jul 2016 19:02:34 -0700 (PDT), bob_villain wrote:

Alf, is this a sleeping issue? Have you tried 3M ear plugs?

Hehe, not many seem to remember Alf. Yes, it is a sleeping issue, more for my wife than me though. I'll suggest the ear plugs
to her... again.

BTW, I know I'm not your favorite. Uncle Monster always was. ;-)

How can I pot this delicately...have you tried putting your wife in another room? 8^)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, July 24, 2016 at 6:17:56 AM UTC-5, Art Todesco wrote:
On 7/23/2016 2:54 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/23/2016 2:16 PM, Steve Stone wrote:
On 7/22/2016 6:32 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
We now have an oxygen concentrator in our house and it is noisy. What
have any of you seen or done to reduce the sound output
from one of these machines?

www.invacare.com/Platinum_10_Concentrator

Thanks.

Build a box around it padded with acoustic tiles.

Then add a refrigeration unit to move out the heat so the compressor
does not burn out. .

Yeah, that's really a problem. I put one in a walk in closet; not a
really big closet, but still a walk in and it raised the temp a whole
lot. So much that I was concerned about the unit overheating and
causing other problems. As someone said, put it as far away as possible
and add extra hose.

A late friend of mine had his O2 machine on the other side of his house from where he was spending most of his time. The air line was probably 100 feet long. I have an oxygen machine in my room here at the center and it makes noise but not enough to bother me and I have sensitive hearing. I just turn up the sound on the TV/computer. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Oxygen Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 04:33:53 -0700 (PDT), bob_villain wrote:

On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 9:58:01 PM UTC-5, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Fri, 22 Jul 2016 19:02:34 -0700 (PDT), bob_villain wrote:

Alf, is this a sleeping issue? Have you tried 3M ear plugs?

Hehe, not many seem to remember Alf. Yes, it is a sleeping issue, more for my wife than me though. I'll suggest the ear plugs
to her... again.

BTW, I know I'm not your favorite. Uncle Monster always was. ;-)

How can I pot this delicately...have you tried putting your wife in another room? 8^)

The thought has crossed my mind. ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, July 24, 2016 at 11:02:03 AM UTC-5, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 04:33:53 -0700 (PDT), bob_villain wrote:

On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 9:58:01 PM UTC-5, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Fri, 22 Jul 2016 19:02:34 -0700 (PDT), bob_villain wrote:

Alf, is this a sleeping issue? Have you tried 3M ear plugs?

Hehe, not many seem to remember Alf. Yes, it is a sleeping issue, more for my wife than me though. I'll suggest the ear plugs
to her... again.

BTW, I know I'm not your favorite. Uncle Monster always was. ;-)

How can I pot this delicately...have you tried putting your wife in another room? 8^)

The thought has crossed my mind. ;-)

I wonder how "pot" got in my head...too far to be a typo?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default need repair help...was Oxygen concentrator sound level

On 7/23/2016 4:52 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

If you had read the manual, you'd know that it's mostly safety fluff
and "press go" information. There's one page on diagnostics and
I published the results of that in my first post.
There is a continuous mode that should not require demand, but
the manual is vague on exactly what that means.
Was hoping to get more definitive info from our 16-year veteran fixing
them.

I have no idea how you intend to use this with a torch. Unlike a
tank, there is no real pressure or regulation.

Well, that is an unknown.
The experimental plan goes something like.
Concentric inverted tin cans with water fill.
Concentrator displaces the water to fill the apparatus.
Put a weight on top to get the desired pressure.
Light the torch. It's a tiny torch, so probably don't
need much oxygen at all. Just want it hotter.

I figgered $10 for an oxygen concentrator was a low risk
impulse purchase. They swore it worked...yeah right...
And, maybe I'll need one some day
and can have it refurbed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Totally understand!!!
Your description, although funny- IS SO TRUE!
Same dilemma for my mom and her machine. Thinking we need to store it in the basement to simply TOLERATE it in our lives!!!