Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lawnmower only runs with starting fluid?

I have a yard master 140cc. I removed the carburetor and cleaned out the gunk but it will still not stay on.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, June 29, 2016 at 8:44:55 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I have a yard master 140cc. I removed the carburetor and cleaned out the gunk but it will still not stay on.

Yard Machine perhaps? Does it run if you keep priming it?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/29/2016 9:44 PM, wrote:
I have a yard master 140cc. I removed the carburetor and cleaned out the gunk but it will still not stay on.

Bad diaphragm?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, June 30, 2016 at 5:37:57 AM UTC-5, pat wrote:
On 06/29/2016 07:44 PM, wrote:
I have a yard master 140cc. I removed the carburetor and cleaned out the gunk but it will still not stay on.

if your carb keeps falling off - ether titan down the bolts better or use some locktit on the threds

colon...is that you?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 29 Jun 2016 18:44:51 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I removed the carburetor and cleaned out the gunk but it will still not stay on.

Duct Tape?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 05:44:17 -0400, Meanie
wrote:

Bad diaphragm?

Cracked fuel line? The fix should be simple if the OP is handy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have a yard master 140cc. I removed the carburetor and cleaned out the gunk but it will still not stay on.

Some of the other suggestions are good, but also, How did you clean
out the gunk? The proper way is to disassemble the whole thing and
soak in parts cleaner.

A full-time motorcycle mechanic told me that because of safety rules,
the parts cleaner today isn't as strong as it was. I haven't verified
this in print, but I noticed it myself. When I was in my 20's, I'd
soak a carburetor and it would almost shine where it was under the
liquid, iirc for an hour or two. That didn't happen with my
motorcycle. Still soaking in the new stuff is better than just
putting cleaner in the gas tank, or soaking without disassembling.

With my motorscooter, whose symptom was pretty much like your
lawnmower, a friend talked me into buying a new carburetor. I haven't
installed it yet, but it "should" solve my problem. Sort of violated
my rule, since I didn't even try cleaning it, but the new one was
between 22 and 29 dollars, depending on the source. I'm not saying
one for you will be so cheap. Maybe, but this was made in China for a
chinese motorscooter, and maybe there was the advantage of fewer
models of carb than for lawnmowers. For 49/50cc engines, the
pictures look different but they might all fit and work all the
scooters of one size. I bought one that looks exactly like my current
one, based on pictures, of course, from the web, under 50cc
carburetor. Some or all of them fit a TaoTao. Not sure how specific
or general one would be to find the best match on yours.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 6/29/2016 9:44 PM, wrote:
I have a yard master 140cc. I removed the carburetor and cleaned out the gunk but it will still not stay on.

Bad diaphragm?

Not likely to be a diaphragm carb - but it WOULD help if he gave us
more info.

Kinda shooting blind right now!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/29/2016 8:44 PM, wrote:
I have a yard master 140cc.

If it's this one...
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Yard-Mach...L729/205520067
then do this... you have to pull the main jet assembly apart to clean
it... these look like they are going to be a lot of trouble... no screen
like the old carbs had....here ya go...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mfUWBQXk4U