DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   skilsaw problems (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/395634-skilsaw-problems.html)

generation A June 16th 16 12:25 AM

skilsaw problems

This skilsaw has ha problems for a long time, binding,twisting. It's
like the frame is warped. I put a new blade on and it didn't help.
I hate to throw it away since the motor works good.

Should I give up and buy a new saw, or is there a way to fix it?

Uncle Monster[_2_] June 16th 16 02:14 AM

skilsaw problems

On Wednesday, June 15, 2016 at 6:26:05 PM UTC-5, generation A wrote:
This skilsaw has ha problems for a long time, binding,twisting. It's
like the frame is warped. I put a new blade on and it didn't help.
I hate to throw it away since the motor works good.

Should I give up and buy a new saw, or is there a way to fix it?

There is a possibility that the motor shaft is bent. You can replace the armature to fix such a problem but the cost may be more than the saw is worth.. I've bought things off eBay that were broken and sold for parts. I've been able to use the part off the broken items to repair mine. If the cost of repair is too high, sell the saw on eBay for parts. You'd be surprised who will buy broken stuff. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Broken Monster

Unquestionably Confused June 16th 16 05:02 AM

skilsaw problems

On 6/15/2016 10:57 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, June 15, 2016 at 7:26:05 PM UTC-4, generation A wrote:
This skilsaw has ha problems for a long time, binding,twisting. It's
like the frame is warped. I put a new blade on and it didn't help.
I hate to throw it away since the motor works good.

Should I give up and buy a new saw, or is there a way to fix it?

Option 1.

Since it's such a nice saw (and I have one that I liked) use it only for
special projects. I have a cement blade in mine. Works just fine for
scoring landscaping bricks and retaining wall pieces and parts. I keep
an air hose close by to blow it out every couple of cuts. Haven't
killed it yet and I keep my good Milwaukee Sidewinder out of sight when
I'm using the Skilsaw.g

Replace it!

[email protected] June 16th 16 05:33 AM

skilsaw problems

On Wed, 15 Jun 2016 23:02:40 -0500, Unquestionably Confused
wrote:

On 6/15/2016 10:57 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, June 15, 2016 at 7:26:05 PM UTC-4, generation A wrote:
This skilsaw has ha problems for a long time, binding,twisting. It's
like the frame is warped. I put a new blade on and it didn't help.
I hate to throw it away since the motor works good.

Should I give up and buy a new saw, or is there a way to fix it?

Option 1.

Since it's such a nice saw (and I have one that I liked) use it only for
special projects. I have a cement blade in mine. Works just fine for
scoring landscaping bricks and retaining wall pieces and parts. I keep
an air hose close by to blow it out every couple of cuts. Haven't
killed it yet and I keep my good Milwaukee Sidewinder out of sight when
I'm using the Skilsaw.g

Replace it!

I have had a diamond blade in an old Craftsman circular saw for years
and I use it a lot on concrete, granite and quartz. It is still going
and I never "blow it out".