Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Where should smoking be illegal?

On Tue, 7 Jun 2016 12:42:00 -0500, notX
wrote:

On 06/05/2016 07:02 PM, Muggles wrote:

[snip]

Not dangerous?? How do you know 10 times that amount isn't in a puff of
secondhand smoke?

Still the "one instance" fallacy? As if "one puff" is all there is.

[snip]

The preeminent safety organization in the government sets daily limits
for toxins and the concentrations in second hand smoke does not even
bump the needle. I gave the example of Chlorine, one of the deadliest
war gasses ever unleashed on mankind yet getting a little whiff when
you pour bleach into your washer is harmless and they put it in your
drinking water. Typical municipal water runs about 3ppm chlorine and
that is far higher than any of the toxins in cigarette smoke. How many
thousands of gallons of water do you use in a year?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/06/2016 18:43, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 06/05/2016 07:42 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

[snip]

And why do you believe you have the right to say what's right for
SOMEONE ELSE'S child? Smacking doesn't harm, it instils DISCIPLINE,
something nobody has any more.

[snip]

"Discipline" involves respect, NOT beating.

Indeed, we never smacked our kids and they are very respectful and kind,
also very polite. You can't force respect, that has to be earned.

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 07 Jun 2016 18:45:56 +0100, Mark Lloyd wrote:

On 06/05/2016 07:59 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

[snip]

Which hurts a child more? A quick smack? Or deprivation of TV for a
week? It's the TV. It lasts a week not 10 seconds.

Another "one instance" fallacy. The cumulative effect of HUNDREDS of
these is MUCH worse.

And the cumulative effect of lots of other things is even more much worse.

Anyway, get things into perspective, it's a smack we're talking about, something which hurts slightly for a few seconds and leaves no bruise. You must be getting confused with punches to the face.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 07 Jun 2016 18:43:39 +0100, Mark Lloyd wrote:

On 06/05/2016 07:42 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

[snip]

And why do you believe you have the right to say what's right for
SOMEONE ELSE'S child? Smacking doesn't harm, it instils DISCIPLINE,
something nobody has any more.

[snip]

"Discipline" involves respect, NOT beating.

There are many forms of discipline, don't be a bigot and assume yours is the only way.

Funny how it used to be commonplace. I'd love to see you go back in time and tell everyone that everyone is wrong and you're right.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 07 Jun 2016 19:30:10 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 07/06/2016 18:43, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 06/05/2016 07:42 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

[snip]

And why do you believe you have the right to say what's right for
SOMEONE ELSE'S child? Smacking doesn't harm, it instils DISCIPLINE,
something nobody has any more.

[snip]

"Discipline" involves respect, NOT beating.

Indeed, we never smacked our kids and they are very respectful and kind,
also very polite. You can't force respect, that has to be earned.

Of course you can, you just chose to use a different method. I know plenty people who were brought up with smacking, and they turned out fine. I also know plenty people who always ignored respect etc, and would only have responded to smacks. Since they didn't get any, they turned into useless layabouts.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/07/2016 01:32 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Tue, 07 Jun 2016 18:45:56 +0100, Mark Lloyd wrote:

On 06/05/2016 07:59 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

[snip]

Which hurts a child more? A quick smack? Or deprivation of TV for a
week? It's the TV. It lasts a week not 10 seconds.

Another "one instance" fallacy. The cumulative effect of HUNDREDS of
these is MUCH worse.

And the cumulative effect of lots of other things is even more much worse.

Anyway, get things into perspective, it's a smack we're talking about,
something which hurts slightly for a few seconds and leaves no bruise.
You must be getting confused with punches to the face.

Do you fail to understand the meaning of "cumulative effect"? One smack
isn't much, THOUSANDS are.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"The fact that there is a general belief in a future life is no evidence
of its truth." [Clarence Darrow]
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I'd sure like to have smoking banned every where.

So regulation that libs would impose sucks until it fits your agenda?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 7 Jun 2016 14:20:11 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On 06/07/2016 01:32 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Tue, 07 Jun 2016 18:45:56 +0100, Mark Lloyd wrote:

On 06/05/2016 07:59 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

[snip]

Which hurts a child more? A quick smack? Or deprivation of TV for a
week? It's the TV. It lasts a week not 10 seconds.

Another "one instance" fallacy. The cumulative effect of HUNDREDS of
these is MUCH worse.

And the cumulative effect of lots of other things is even more much worse.

Anyway, get things into perspective, it's a smack we're talking about,
something which hurts slightly for a few seconds and leaves no bruise.
You must be getting confused with punches to the face.

Do you fail to understand the meaning of "cumulative effect"? One smack
isn't much, THOUSANDS are.

How about 3 or 4? Or 5-7 over a childhood?
I found that was enough to make my kids well-behaved.
They never had tantrums in stores or restaurants.
Well, not more than one or two.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 07 Jun 2016 20:20:11 +0100, Mark Lloyd wrote:

On 06/07/2016 01:32 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Tue, 07 Jun 2016 18:45:56 +0100, Mark Lloyd wrote:

On 06/05/2016 07:59 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

[snip]

Which hurts a child more? A quick smack? Or deprivation of TV for a
week? It's the TV. It lasts a week not 10 seconds.

Another "one instance" fallacy. The cumulative effect of HUNDREDS of
these is MUCH worse.

And the cumulative effect of lots of other things is even more much worse.

Anyway, get things into perspective, it's a smack we're talking about,
something which hurts slightly for a few seconds and leaves no bruise.
You must be getting confused with punches to the face.

Do you fail to understand the meaning of "cumulative effect"? One smack
isn't much, THOUSANDS are.

Cumulative effect only applies to things that last, like arsenic poisoning. If you were smacked yesterday, it has no effect today.

--
Space is an illusion, disk space doubly so.
Posted to alt.home.repair

We need more people like you. Kids nowadays do whatever they bloody please. The few I see getting smacked shut the **** up for the rest of the time I see them.

--
What Gets Longer When Pulled,
Fits Between your Boobs,

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 07 Jun 2016 20:49:47 +0100, Gableking teh moron. wrote:

On Tue, 07 Jun 2016 20:41:59 +0100, "James Wilkinson"
wrote:

[...]

Tell my bitch wife that.

Women and logic do not go together.

--
I like bagpipes. I also like violins when played with a hammer.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/7/2016 3:41 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

Cumulative effect only applies to things that last, like arsenic
poisoning. If you were smacked yesterday, it has no effect today.

Sure it does. If I got smacked yesterday for being a smart ass to my
mother, it has the effect today to make me not do it again. I was a
fast learner.

A well timed and well placed whack on the ass can prevent ever having to
do it again if the kid is a smart learner. OTOH, beating is never
justified.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 07 Jun 2016 21:04:59 +0100, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 6/7/2016 3:41 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

Cumulative effect only applies to things that last, like arsenic
poisoning. If you were smacked yesterday, it has no effect today.

Sure it does. If I got smacked yesterday for being a smart ass to my
mother, it has the effect today to make me not do it again. I was a
fast learner.

Exactly. Smacking is simple and works.

A well timed and well placed whack on the ass can prevent ever having to
do it again if the kid is a smart learner. OTOH, beating is never
justified.

Smacking isn't beating.

--
The dot over the letter i is called a tittle.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 07 Jun 2016 21:43:48 +0100, Gableking teh moron. wrote:

On Tue, 7 Jun 2016 16:04:59 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 6/7/2016 3:41 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:
OTOH, beating is never
justified.

Then why bother?

Fun?

--
A farmer in Yorkshire sees a bloke drinking from his stream and shouts, €śEy up cocker, tha dunt wanna be drinkin watta frum theer, its full o hoss **** an cow ****e an it could kill thee.€ť
The Bloke says, "Sir I am a muslim from Pakistan, can you be speaking clearer and slower please.€ť
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 07 Jun 2016 21:42:59 +0100, Gableking teh moron. wrote:

wrote:

[...]

They don't go well with slapping either.

Maybe I misunderstood the definition of "slapper".

--
A farmer in Yorkshire sees a bloke drinking from his stream and shouts, €śEy up cocker, tha dunt wanna be drinkin watta frum theer, its full o hoss **** an cow ****e an it could kill thee.€ť
The Bloke says, "Sir I am a muslim from Pakistan, can you be speaking clearer and slower please.€ť
The farmer replies, "If.... You.... Use.... Two.... Hands.... You.... Won't.... Spill.... Any."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/7/2016 12:36 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 06/05/2016 07:07 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 6/5/2016 1:39 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 06/05/2016 10:19 AM, Muggles wrote:

[snip]

Chewing tobacco and spitting isn't all that far from smoking.

My grandfather used to chew tobacco, and had spit cans (old coffee cans)
around the house. I think I thought that was disgusting when I was
growing up. That was when I had NO experience with people smoking, which
is much worse. Consider that chewing tobacco spit is a thick liquid that
DOESN'T enter other people's lungs.

So, it doesn't enter their lungs, I suppose that means it doesn't hurt
anyone?

http://tinyurl.com/jjna4j5

Of course it hurts the USER. That's not what I was talking about.

No USER is an island.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 06/05/2016 07:02 PM, Muggles wrote:

[snip]

Not dangerous?? How do you know 10 times that amount isn't in a puff of
secondhand smoke?

Still the "one instance" fallacy? As if "one puff" is all there is.

[snip]

The preeminent safety organization in the government sets daily limits
for toxins and the concentrations in second hand smoke does not even
bump the needle. I gave the example of Chlorine, one of the deadliest
war gasses ever unleashed on mankind yet getting a little whiff when
you pour bleach into your washer is harmless and they put it in your
drinking water. Typical municipal water runs about 3ppm chlorine and
that is far higher than any of the toxins in cigarette smoke. How many
thousands of gallons of water do you use in a year?

Even one puff of tobacco harmful, reports surgeon general

he 704-page report, the 30th surgeon general's report to address
tobacco, "validates earlier findings, expands and strengthens the
science base, and describes in great detail the multiple ways that
tobacco smoke damages every organ in the body, resulting in disease and
death," according to its executive summary.

Tobacco smoke contains more than 7,000 chemicals and compounds,
including hundreds that are toxic and at least 70 that cause cancer,
according to the report. That means there is no "risk-free level of
exposure" to tobacco smoke. *Even a whiff of tobacco smoke* can
adversely affect the body, the report concludes.

"The chemicals in tobacco smoke reach your lungs quickly every time you
inhale, causing damage immediately," Surgeon General Regina Benjamin
said in a statement. "*Inhaling even the smallest amount of tobacco
smoke can also damage your DNA*, which can lead to cancer."

The lining of the lungs becomes inflamed as soon as it is exposed to
cigarette smoke, and, over time, the smoke can cause chronic lung
diseases such as emphysema and chronic bronchitis, according to the
report. *Even brief exposure to secondhand smoke can cause heart disease
and can trigger heart attacks*. Chemicals in tobacco smoke quickly
damage blood vessels and make blood more likely to clot, increasing the
risk for heart attacks, strokes and aneurysms.

Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 06/05/2016 07:02 PM, Muggles wrote:

[snip]

Not dangerous?? How do you know 10 times that amount isn't in a puff of
secondhand smoke?

Still the "one instance" fallacy? As if "one puff" is all there is.

[snip]

The preeminent safety organization in the government sets daily limits
for toxins and the concentrations in second hand smoke does not even
bump the needle. I gave the example of Chlorine, one of the deadliest
war gasses ever unleashed on mankind yet getting a little whiff when
you pour bleach into your washer is harmless and they put it in your
drinking water. Typical municipal water runs about 3ppm chlorine and
that is far higher than any of the toxins in cigarette smoke. How many
thousands of gallons of water do you use in a year?

Journal of Medicine and Biomedical Research
The Effect of a Single Cigarette Puff on Air Flow in the Lungs.

A puff of cigarette is estimated to contain 1016 oxidants. The degree of
smoking or smoke exposure can be ascertained by measuring the serum
levels of continine (a metabolite of nicotine)

Inhalation of cigarette puff has an immediate effect on respiration by
increasing airway resistance and therefore reducing the amount of oxygen
absorbed into the body.4

The present study was designed to examine the effect of cigarette puff
on lung function. It is unique in that it focuses on the acute response
to a single puff of cigarette smoker.

http://www.bioline.org.br/request?jm07001

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

That sounds more like opinion than science.
If this was true ...
"Tobacco smoke contains more than 7,000 chemicals and compounds,
including hundreds that are toxic and at least 70 that cause cancer,
according to the report. That means there is no "risk-free level of
exposure" to tobacco smoke."

.... It would not be safe to leave the oxygen tent because most of
those chemicals are present from other sources every day.
If you believe this bull****, maybe we should be talking about the
chemicals in a milk bottle.,

Bear in mind the SG is not a scientist, she is a political appointee
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/8/2016 1:19 AM, Muggles wrote:
Of course it hurts the USER. That's not what I was talking about.

No USER is an island.

It takes a village to get cancer.

I think smoking should be illegal on Planet Earth.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, June 8, 2016 at 8:09:47 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 6/8/2016 1:19 AM, Muggles wrote:
Of course it hurts the USER. That's not what I was talking about.

No USER is an island.

It takes a village to get cancer.

I think smoking should be illegal on Planet Earth.

--
.
Christopher A. Young

plus it adds to global warming

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 8 Jun 2016 08:09:52 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 6/8/2016 1:19 AM, Muggles wrote:
Of course it hurts the USER. That's not what I was talking about.

No USER is an island.

It takes a village to get cancer.

I think smoking should be illegal on Planet Earth.

Well lets just make tobacco illegal. That worked so well with alcohol
and drugs, what could possibly go wrong?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/8/2016 10:10 AM, bob haller wrote:
On Wednesday, June 8, 2016 at 8:09:47 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
It takes a village to get cancer.

I think smoking should be illegal on Planet Earth.
.

plus it adds to global warming

Just think of all that Freon (R) being released!

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/8/2016 5:52 AM, wrote:
On Wed, 8 Jun 2016 00:25:16 -0500, Muggles
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I also posted a second article that is a study with 26 extensive
references. Why'd you ignore it? This website contains studies related
to this topic, too. I'll post another one - see other post.

Journal of Medicine and Biomedical Research
The Effect of a Single Cigarette Puff on Air Flow in the Lungs.

A puff of cigarette is estimated to contain 1016 oxidants. The degree of
smoking or smoke exposure can be ascertained by measuring the serum
levels of continine (a metabolite of nicotine)

Inhalation of cigarette puff has an immediate effect on respiration by
increasing airway resistance and therefore reducing the amount of oxygen
absorbed into the body.4

The present study was designed to examine the effect of cigarette puff
on lung function. It is unique in that it focuses on the acute response
to a single puff of cigarette smoker.

http://www.bioline.org.br/request?jm07001

CONCLUSION

In conclusion, PEFR was reduced after a puff of cigarette. Smoking
status influenced the PEFR value as smokers had substantially lower
values at the outset of the study. It is well known that from a puff of
cigarette, smokers move to a stick and then from sticks to addiction and
so the effects accumulate. The effect of tobacco smoking can be
deleterious. If a single puff increases airway resistance and reduces
PEFR, chronic smoking is bound to do much damage to the lungs.

References

-Bartel M. Health effect of Tobacco use and exposure. Monaldi Arch Chest
Dis 2001; 56: 545-550.
-Winstanley M, Woodward S and Walker N. Tobacco in Australia, Facts and
Issues. Austrl Ann Med 1995; 16: 31-40.
-Jaakkola M, Jaakkolan P, Ernst P, Becklate M. Ventilatory Lung function
in young cigarette smokers: a study of susceptibility. Eur Respir J
1991; 4: 643-650.
-Gold D. Wang XB, Wypij D, Speizer FE, Ware JH and Docey DW. Effects of
cirgarette smoking on lung function of adolescent boys and girls. N Engl
J Med 1996; 335: 931-937.
-Liston J. Breast feeding and the use of recreational drugs -alcohol,
caffeine, nicotine and marijuana. Breast-feed Rev 1998 (Aug 6); 2: 27-30.
-Pershagen G. Accumulating evidence on health hazards of passive smoking
(Review). Act Paediatr,1999 (May); 88(5): 490-520.
-Martinez FD, Cline M and Burrow B. Increased incidence of asthma in
children of smoking mothers. Pediatrics 1992; 89: 21-26.
-Polatly M, Erdinc M, Erdinc E. The early effect of smoking on
spirometing and transfer factor. Turk Resp J 2000; 1(2): 31-34.
-Iyawe VI, Igweh JC, Orie NN and Umapathy E. Time Course and
Bronchodilator effect of caffeine in young Nigerians. J Physiol Sci
1990; 6: 50-56.
-Josh LN, Hoshia VD. Effect of forced breathing on ventilatory function
of the Lungs. J Postgrad Med 1998; 44(3): 67-69.
-Reddy TS, Guleria S, Sanjeer S, Sharina SK and Pandy JK. Domestic
cooking fuel and lung functions in healthy non smoking women. Indian J
Chest Dis Allied Sci 2004; 46: 85-89.
-Kuperman AS and River JB. The variable effect of smoking on pulmonary
function. Chest 1973; 63: 655-660.
-Bosse R, Spabow D, Gawey AJ, Costa PT, Weiss ST and Rowe JW. Cigarette
smoking, aging and decline in pulmonary fuction -A Longitudinal study.
Arch Environm Hlth 1980; 35(4): 247 252.
-Chan-yeung M and DimichWard H. Respiratory Health effects of exposure
to environmental tobacco smoke. Respirology 2003; 8(2): 131-139.
-Hecht SS. Tobacco Carcinogens, their biomarkers and tobacco-induced
cancer. Nature Rev Cancer 2003; 4: 733-744.
-Mannino DM, Homa DM and Road SC. Involuntary Smoking and Asthma
severity in children. Chest 2002; 122(2): 409- 415.
-Femi-Pearse D and Elebute EA. Ventilatory function in healthy adult
Nigerians. Clin. Sci 1971; 41: 203-211.
-Ali MA. Racial differences in ventilatory functions. Nig J Physiol Sci
1990; 6: 59-62.
-Ebomoyi MI and Iyawe VI. Variations of peak flow rate with
anthropometric determinants in a population of healthy adult Nigerians.
Nig J Physiol Sci 2005; 20: 85-89.
-Alakija W, Iyawe VI, Jarrikre LN and Chiwuzie JC. Ventilatory function
of workers at Okpella Cement Factory in Nigeria. W Afr JMed 1990; 9(3):
187-192.
-Lew EA, Garfinkel L. Differences in mortality and longevity by sex,
smoking habits and health status. Society of actuaries Transaction 1987;
18: 24-28.
-Kucoks, Cokdenizr, Atmaca, Uyram I, Buhur A and Taskih O. The effect of
smoking on the glutathione levels in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid. Tr J
of Med. Sc. Tubitak 1999; 20:643-647.
-West JB. Respiratory Physiol The Essentials. 5th Ed. (Williams and
Wilkins, Baltimore) 1995; P.10.
-Zhu B, Enstrom JE and Kabat GC. Second hand smoke stimulates tumor
angiogenesis and growth.. Cancer cells 2003; 4: 191-196.
-Flintoft L. Carcinogenesis: Inhaling can seriously damage your health.
Nature 2003; 3: 800.
-Iyawe VI and Ebomoyi MI. Current developments in the physiology and
management of asthma. Nig J Physiol Sci 2005; 20:1929.

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/8/2016 5:52 AM, wrote:
On Wed, 8 Jun 2016 00:25:16 -0500, Muggles
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Here is another study:

http://www.bioline.org.br/pdf?st15007

International Journal of Environment Science and Technology
Center for Environment and Energy Research and Studies (CEERS)
ISSN: 1735-1472
EISSN: 1735-2630
Vol. 12, No. 1, 2015, pp. 73-86

Experimental and computational study of particulate matter of secondhand
smoke in indoor environment

Tobacco smoke changes chemically and physically after it is released
into indoor air; these changes can increase secondhand smoke (SHS) toxicity.

SHS is a mixture of two forms
of smoke: side stream smoke, which is smoke from the end
of a lighted cigarette, and main stream smoke, smoke that
is exhaled by a smoker. The residuals of tobacco smoke
that are left on a variety of indoor surfaces are generally
considered as ‘‘thirdhand smoke (THS).’’ These residuals
are reacting with indoor pollutants to create a toxic mixture
which cause adverse health effects.

A number of relevant studies have been performed to
investigate tobacco smoke in indoor environment (e.g.,
see link for references) measured fine particles in four different
indoor environments, a lecture room, a restaurant, and two types of
offices, and determined that the highest concentration was recorded in
the restaurant. Another study in Perth, Western Australia, involved air
quality measurements in 20 social venues that permitted smoking and
found elevated particulate matter concentrations.

The American Society for heating refrigerating and air
conditioning engineers is not recommending a ventilation standard or
air purifier for removing secondhand smoke since they have
studied drifting secondhand smoke for years (ASHARE 2005).
Ventilation cannot remove smoke from air. It may remove smell of smoke
but not the dangersof SHS.

The entire study text:
http://www.bioline.org.br/pdf?st15007

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/8/2016 7:09 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 6/8/2016 1:19 AM, Muggles wrote:
Of course it hurts the USER. That's not what I was talking about.

No USER is an island.

It takes a village to get cancer.

I think smoking should be illegal on Planet Earth.

I don't think making it illegal will work, but limiting how smokers
expose other people to the second hand and third hand chemicals is a
good thing, imo.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/8/2016 5:52 AM, wrote:
On Wed, 8 Jun 2016 00:25:16 -0500, Muggles
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Other studies relating to smoking from all over the world:

http://www.bioline.org.br/search?sea...et te+smoking

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 8 Jun 2016 10:18:29 -0500, Muggles
wrote:

Other studies relating to smoking from all over the world:

Any study that does not deal with the concentration of the toxin is
hyperbolic bull****.
It flies in the face of safety regulations used in industry and your
own government's guidelines.
If you really believe any of these chemicals are dangerous in
virtually unmeasurable amounts (or "any amount" as some of these
"studies" say), you better just stay in the oxygen tent the rest of
your life.
You are surrounded by them and most do not come from cigarettes.
It is clear you drank the Kool Aid and no amount of logic will sway
you. Stay hysterical and be happy

OUT!

Should that be smoking? David UK diy 3 May 14th 16 06:13 PM
TOT; Smoking Kangoo Man at B&Q UK diy 0 March 24th 10 10:48 AM
OT Smoking in bed Terry Home Repair 1 February 6th 07 07:32 AM
Here it is. The smoking gun. Greg Palast UK diy 2 May 13th 05 09:22 PM
Smoking in the MachineShop Cliff Metalworking 74 March 20th 05 10:28 PM