DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   White lithium spray grease in SDS-chuck (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/394897-white-lithium-spray-grease-sds-chuck.html)

[email protected] May 27th 16 06:21 PM

White lithium spray grease in SDS-chuck

Hey all,

Straight to the point: I have an SDS hammer drill with a vacuum attachment which did not come with grease. I don't happen to have actual grease in a jar but i do have a spray can of white lithium grease and i would like to hear some opinions about using it on the SDS chuck.

Dave

Oren[_2_] May 27th 16 06:42 PM

White lithium spray grease in SDS-chuck

On Fri, 27 May 2016 10:21:51 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Hey all,

Straight to the point: I have an SDS hammer drill with a vacuum attachment which did not come with grease. I don't happen to have actual grease in a jar but i do have a spray can of white lithium grease and i would like to hear some opinions about using it on the SDS chuck.

Dave

I'm confused about why the chuck needs grease. Post a URL to the
model and PDF that has a some tips for maintenance.

[email protected] May 27th 16 07:01 PM

White lithium spray grease in SDS-chuck

Op vrijdag 27 mei 2016 19:42:17 UTC+2 schreef Oren:
On Fri, 27 May 2016 10:21:51 -0700 (PDT), Dave
wrote:

Hey all,

Straight to the point: I have an SDS hammer drill with a vacuum attachment which did not come with grease. I don't happen to have actual grease in a jar but i do have a spray can of white lithium grease and i would like to hear some opinions about using it on the SDS chuck.

Dave

I'm confused about why the chuck needs grease. Post a URL to the
model and PDF that has a some tips for maintenance.

It is just some grease to put between the drill bit and the sds bit holder. It is generally advised to grease them to prevent wear from the high amount of friction you get when hammerdrilling with an sds chuck.

http://www.milwaukeetool.eu/powertoo...ss/m18%20chpx/

Oren[_2_] May 27th 16 07:45 PM

White lithium spray grease in SDS-chuck

wrote:

Hey all,

Straight to the point: I have an SDS hammer drill with a vacuum attachment which did not come with grease. I don't happen to have actual grease in a jar but i do have a spray can of white lithium grease and i would like to hear some opinions about using it on the SDS chuck.

Dave

I'm confused about why the chuck needs grease. Post a URL to the
model and PDF that has a some tips for maintenance.

It is just some grease to put between the drill bit and the sds bit holder. It is generally advised to grease them to prevent wear from the high amount of friction you get when hammerdrilling with an sds chuck.

http://www.milwaukeetool.eu/powertoo...ss/m18%20chpx/

I can say that I would trust White lithium, for durability.

Check the auto parts store for wheel bearing grease. Use it
judiciously.

Meanie[_4_] May 27th 16 08:26 PM

wrote:

Hey all,

Straight to the point: I have an SDS hammer drill with a vacuum attachment which did not come with grease. I don't happen to have actual grease in a jar but i do have a spray can of white lithium grease and i would like to hear some opinions about using it on the SDS chuck.

Dave

I'm confused about why the chuck needs grease. Post a URL to the
model and PDF that has a some tips for maintenance.

It is just some grease to put between the drill bit and the sds bit holder. It is generally advised to grease them to prevent wear from the high amount of friction you get when hammerdrilling with an sds chuck.

http://www.milwaukeetool.eu/powertoo...ss/m18%20chpx/

If it's just "some" grease, white lithium will work just fine. Only
thing better, if it requires, is wheel bearing or axle grease.

bob haller May 28th 16 04:32 AM

wrote:

Hey all,

Straight to the point: I have an SDS hammer drill with a vacuum attachment which did not come with grease. I don't happen to have actual grease in a jar but i do have a spray can of white lithium grease and i would like to hear some opinions about using it on the SDS chuck.

Dave

I'm confused about why the chuck needs grease. Post a URL to the
model and PDF that has a some tips for maintenance.

It is just some grease to put between the drill bit and the sds bit holder. It is generally advised to grease them to prevent wear from the high amount of friction you get when hammerdrilling with an sds chuck.

http://www.milwaukeetool.eu/powertoo...ss/m18%20chpx/

If it's just "some" grease, white lithium will work just fine. Only
thing better, if it requires, is wheel bearing or axle grease.

NEVER MIX GREASE TYPES EVER

orthe end result will be rock. did that just once, destroyed the clutch trying to get it apart