DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Can You Do This Math Equation 43-13 = ? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/394762-can-you-do-math-equation-43-13-%3D.html)

burfordTjustice May 24th 16 11:59 AM

Can You Do This Math Equation 43-13 = ?

You knew the answer in your head almost immediately , right?

Now try the "New" maths.......

http://youtu.be/wSVTzQlqbp0

Mark Lloyd[_12_] May 24th 16 01:56 PM

On 05/24/2016 05:59 AM, burfordTjustice wrote:
You knew the answer in your head almost immediately , right?

Now try the "New" maths.......

http://youtu.be/wSVTzQlqbp0

That looks like an extreme version of what I had in fifth grade.
Potentially useful techniques applied without intelligence to make
simple arithmetic much harder while they claim it's easier.

As to that example, I would have noticed the 3 in both and so made the
subtraction simpler. I would have no need to write down ANYTHING but the
final result.

BTW, just yesterday I needed to do math with exactly those numbers (13,
30, & 43).

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

dangerous dan May 24th 16 03:51 PM

wrote:
You knew the answer in your head almost immediately , right?
Now try the "New" maths.......
http://youtu.be/wSVTzQlqbp0

WTH!!!!! I don't remember math like that in school. What psychotic drug addict thought up that method? Maybe it was one of those geniuses who are so smart they get bored with doing math the normal way, and have to make something difficult to be interesting for them?

That kind of math is so brilliant it's stupid, or so stupid it's brilliant. That looks like something an astrophysicist would come up with in some sort of formula.

When you make simple math hard that's just stupid. Who decided the old math was bad?

If you had to do math quickly this procedure would be SLOWWWWWW.

It gives me a headache just thinking about it.

[email protected] May 24th 16 04:06 PM

Can You Do This Math Equation 43-13 = ?

On Tue, 24 May 2016 09:51:11 -0500, "dangerous dan"

You knew the answer in your head almost immediately , right?
Now try the "New" maths.......
http://youtu.be/wSVTzQlqbp0

WTH!!!!! I don't remember math like that in school. What psychotic drug addict thought up that method? Maybe it was one of those geniuses who are so smart they get bored with doing math the normal way, and have to make something difficult to be interesting for them?

That kind of math is so brilliant it's stupid, or so stupid it's brilliant. That looks like something an astrophysicist would come up with in some sort of formula.

When you make simple math hard that's just stupid. Who decided the old math was bad?

If you had to do math quickly this procedure would be SLOWWWWWW.

It gives me a headache just thinking about it.

Kids are just going to say "I have a calculator on my phone" so they
might as well make it as complicated as they can.

Ralph Mowery May 24th 16 04:36 PM

Can You Do This Math Equation 43-13 = ?

In article ,
says...

wrote:
You knew the answer in your head almost immediately , right?
Now try the "New" maths.......
http://youtu.be/wSVTzQlqbp0

WTH!!!!! I don't remember math like that in school. What psychotic drug addict thought up that method? Maybe it was one of those geniuses who are so smart they get bored with doing math the normal way, and have to make something difficult to be interesting for them?

That kind of math is so brilliant it's stupid, or so stupid it's brilliant. That looks like something an astrophysicist would come up with in some sort of formula.

When you make simple math hard that's just stupid. Who decided the old math was bad?

If you had to do math quickly this procedure would be SLOWWWWWW.

It gives me a headache just thinking about it.

That looks like something the government would get into. Insead of one
or two simple steps, they want you to take about10 steps to do something
simple.

I can not get a link to copy and paste, but go to youtube.com and look
for Abbot and Costello and the way they add up numbers.
I think it is count to 28.