DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Flashlight temptation (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/393901-flashlight-temptation.html)

Bod[_3_] May 11th 16 06:28 PM

Flashlight temptation (initial follow up report 3)

On 11/05/2016 18:01, Muggles wrote:
On 5/11/2016 11:27 AM, Bod wrote:
On 11/05/2016 17:13, Muggles wrote:
On 5/11/2016 3:03 AM, Bod wrote:
On 10/05/2016 21:41, Muggles wrote:

It also helps when you have a personal relationship with Jesus
(God) and one of his saints. Can we say "voices in our heads?"
:-)

...a constant discussion and conversation, I'd say.

Voices in the head is a sign of madness.

Do you ever "think" about anything? Do you ever "contemplate" events,
or remember your past, or rehearse future discussions you want to have
with people in your head?

Voices in the head are normal. It's just unspoken conversation and
memories, whether it be from the past, or something inferred for the
futures.

I don't suffer with voices, but admit to having thoughts (like normal
people do).

A thought is just a voice we hear in our heads.

No it's not, it's just a thought.

The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being ...
www.independent.co.uk ۼ Lifestyle ۼ Health & Families ۼ Health News
25 Jan 2015 - One night, during her first year at the University of
Sheffield, Rachel Waddingham struggled to fall asleep. She could hear
three middle-aged ...

--
Bod

Bod[_3_] May 11th 16 06:29 PM

Flashlight temptation (initial follow up report 3)

On 11/05/2016 18:07, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 11 May 2016 16:39:33 +0100, Bod wrote:

Indeed it was. One English religion hated the Jews. The Jews of
course being very religious and not killing anyone. So its probably
the combination of English and a religion that turned it so brutal.
The Brits being well known thugs and all...shrug

Gunner

Oh dear, you're dragging the past up again.
The UK is very tolerant of Jews and we are in no way "thugs".
I speak as I find and I've worked for many Jews in their own homes and
all were lovely kind people. A few even insisted that I stay for dinner.

--
Bod

Dragging up the past again? Oh...so you dont like it when I do
it..but you do it as a matter of course and think its ok?

Of course most Jews are nice people. As are most Catholics, Anglicans,
Methodists, Lutherens and so on and so forth. Yet you lead us to
believe they are all ****ing ******s.

Do try try to be consistant in your distain and hate, old boy.

Gunner

Why do you refer to what I've said as *hate*?

--
Bod

Bod[_3_] May 11th 16 06:32 PM

Flashlight temptation (initial follow up report 3)

On 11/05/2016 18:08, Muggles wrote:
On 5/11/2016 11:32 AM, Bod wrote:

And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided
the light from the darkness.

And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called
Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

And that was the beginning of science. The universe was
a creation of God and what we observed around us was nature,
not the work of petty human like gods and magic.

Glory be to God!
-T

String theory is really w-e-i-r-d.

Indeed, very similar to many religions, like Scientology/ Jehovah
Witlesses/ Moony loonies and Morons (sorry....Mormons, etc.

One thing that is true about people who have a religious belief system
is that people of all levels of intelligence BELIEVE. How do you explain
that many very smart people still believe in a God?

Many *smart people* have turned out to be conning thieving villains.
So you can't measure by smartness.

Then we can agree that ones intelligence has no bearing on belief in a
higher power?

Not necessarily, no. Maybe it depends whether they hear *voices in their
heads*.

--
Bod

Bod[_3_] May 11th 16 06:33 PM

Flashlight temptation (initial follow up report 3)

On 11/05/2016 18:10, Muggles wrote:
On 5/11/2016 11:39 AM, Bod wrote:

"Religion is a cultural system of behaviors and practices, world views,
sacred texts, holy places, ethics, and societal organisation that relate
humanity to what an anthropologist has called "an order of existence".

"a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the
universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman
agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances,
and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs
..."

Technically, if a person identifies with a particular societal
organization that shares a specific mindset relating to such things as
stated above, it can be classified as a religion.

So in your strange interpretation, I am an Atheist who doesn't believe
in *any* religion, but I am religious!!?....hmm!

No. I'm saying that the definition of a religion equates atheism as a
religion.

Being "religious" is a whole different practice.

So I'm not religious, but I am?

--
Bod

Bod[_3_] May 11th 16 06:36 PM

Flashlight temptation (initial follow up report 3)

Nice atmosphere and plush decor etc in churches though.

So it doesnt work for you..at this point in your life. Shrug. You
might change...you might not. Its surprising the numbers of Atheists
who cry out to god(s) as the dark night closes in, at the end. Ive
seen and heard many of them do just this as they died..or thought they
were about to die. Shrug.

So why not leave those that believe differently than you do, to their
beliefs and faiths, and try finding something else to discuss?
Say...something like "survival"? Afterall..thats what this group is
all about.

Gunner

So you're frightened of discussing religion?

--
Bod

Bod[_3_] May 11th 16 06:37 PM

Flashlight temptation (initial follow up report 3)

On 11/05/2016 18:12, Muggles wrote:
On 5/11/2016 11:43 AM, Bod wrote:
On 11/05/2016 17:32, Muggles wrote:
guess you have never looked into someone's eyes and
seen the love of God.

Many people won't look others eye to eye because they can see into that
person's soul what they are going through, or what they are about. Have
you noticed that people don't like looking at each other eye to eye?

I always do. Autistic people have trouble in looking into peoples eyes
though.
Only by looking into someone's eyes can you see their sincerity.

That's very true.

Wow!! we agree. :-)

--
Bod

Bod[_3_] May 11th 16 06:37 PM

On 11/05/2016 18:12, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 11 May 2016 16:54:44 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 11/05/2016 16:33, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 11 May 2016 15:01:06 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 11/05/2016 12:47, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 11 May 2016 10:47:58 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 11/05/2016 10:22, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 11 May 2016 09:03:05 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 10/05/2016 21:41, Muggles wrote:
On 5/10/2016 2:35 PM, T wrote:
On 05/08/2016 12:26 PM, Muggles wrote:
Who designed the human nervous system? What sort of intelligence would
it take to get it to function correctly?

Hi Muggles,

I sometimes refer to God as the Master Bioengineer. :-)

My unscientific observation is that a lot of intelligent
folks do believe in God. Einstein's saying as "How did
he do it?" The more you realize you don't know, the
more humble you become and the more you realize their is
someone's hand in all this.

I love to discuss quantum physics in relation to outer space in
discussions about belief in God. How is time measured in space, how do
we know time has always been constant there since many people like to
put a number on the age of the universe and use that as evidence to
estimate the age of the Earth.

I've had some VERY interesting discussions like that!

First sentence of the Nicene Creed:
"We believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of
heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible."

Wisdom of Sirach, chapter 38, v6, KJV:
And he hath given men skill, that he might be
honoured in his marvellous works.

Glory be to God!
-T

Amen, T.

It also helps when you have a personal relationship with Jesus
(God) and one of his saints. Can we say "voices in our heads?"
:-)

...a constant discussion and conversation, I'd say.

Voices in the head is a sign of madness.

Tell that to a telepath.

I'd rather talk to a sane person thankyou.

The few telepaths Ive met were rather sane...though hated to be around
groups of people. Understandable of course.

It doesn't surprise me at all that you've spoken to Telepaths.
I class Telepathy/Astrology and Religion in the same category as
snake oil.

ignorance does tend to be one of your strongest traits...shrug.

Gunner

Read of my religious experiences in one of my recent posts, oh
presumptious one.

The one about the "cold feeling"? And this has what to do with
reality and in particular..those that can read emotion or some
thoughts?

Gunner

It was simply a description of how I felt.

--
Bod

Muggles[_11_] May 11th 16 06:38 PM

On 5/11/2016 3:03 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Everything, including
denotative meanings, imply that a voice does not have to be something
that is spoken or audible.

--
Maggie

Bod[_3_] May 11th 16 06:39 PM

Flashlight temptation (initial follow up report 3)

On 11/05/2016 18:14, Muggles wrote:
On 5/11/2016 11:50 AM, Bod wrote:

However, it doesn't have connections with "sacred texts, or holy places"
except to deny such things are valid.

Atheism DOES relate to and adhere to beliefs in regards to ethics, and
societal organisation that relate humanity to what an anthropologist has
called "an order of existence".

A religion isn't necessarily about the sacred or holy or even about a
belief in a god. It is a belief system that has both a connotative and
denotative understanding of how it is defined and what is involved in
its practices.

religion

noun
"the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially
a personal God or gods".

That is ONE denotative definition of religion, but in order to be
thorough, it is a good idea to view the whole picture of how "religion"
is defined, vs. only quoting one narrow definition that may or may not
support ones own viewpoint, don't you agree?

If one is not religious, then they are NOT religious, no matter how you
twist the meaning.

--
Bod

Muggles[_11_] May 11th 16 06:41 PM

On 5/11/2016 11:32 AM, Bod wrote:

[...]

Ok. But you said "you can't measure by smartness". Maybe, I didn't
understand what you meant?

I thought you meant that intelligent (smart) people couldn't really be
intelligent if they believed in a God or higher power, and then you said
"you can't measure by smartness"? To me, it sounds like you're
contradicting yourself.

--
Maggie

Bod[_3_] May 11th 16 06:41 PM

On 11/05/2016 18:15, Muggles wrote:
On 5/11/2016 11:52 AM, Bod wrote:
On 11/05/2016 17:44, Muggles wrote:
On 5/11/2016 4:06 AM, Bod wrote:
On 11/05/2016 09:15, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 10 May 2016 17:58:07 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 10 May 2016 14:29:30 -0700, T wrote:

On 05/10/2016 02:10 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Tue, 10 May 2016 22:05:56 +0100, T wrote:

On 05/10/2016 01:41 PM, Muggles wrote:
I love to discuss quantum physics in relation to outer space in
discussions about belief in God. How is time measured in space,
how do
we know time has always been constant there since many people
like to
put a number on the age of the universe and use that as
evidence to
estimate the age of the Earth.

I've had some VERY interesting discussions like that!

Hi Muggles,

Something I have found interesting is Einstein's take on
quantum physics. He did not believe it to be correct
because "God is not random". And indeed the theory
which is starting to replace quantum physics, called
String Theory, is not random.

I wonder how many more things Einstein could have discovered if he
wasn't hampered by religion?

Einstein was driven by "How did he do it". So I have to say,
no. He probably would have just been mediocre.

"hampered by religion"? You lead an insular life.

Often times, those that say they don't believe in religion,
get caught up in religions by other names, such a secular humanism,
atheism, Liberalism, global warming (which is not science, but
religoun).

Liberalism, which tells you what you can eat, what you can
wear, who you can speak with, what you can drive, yada, yada,
yada, is far more restrictive than Christianity. Hell,
Liberalism even tells you what you can think (political
correctness).

A lot of atheists are very religious people.

More dogmatically narrow minded than the most devout Jew, Muslim, or
southern Baptist Christian, by far.

Well put.

Gunner

"Kill every first born"....now where did I hear that said?...hmm.
Also....*Adam and Eve's incestuous family*...I heard that somewhere
also.
I also heard the story about this thing called god deliberately making
childbirth extremely painful because of the actions of Adam & Eve.
What a kind and loving god.

Are you wanting to discuss each point individually?

Ok, let's start with the incest please!

OK ... tell me where incest was in Adam and Eve's family.

2 people...1 man ...1 woman. They have children, explain how
their children created more babies without incest taking place?

--
Bod

Muggles[_11_] May 11th 16 06:41 PM

On 5/11/2016 11:39 AM, Bod wrote:

[...]

No. A "religion" is not the same thing as being "religious".

--
Maggie

Bod[_3_] May 11th 16 06:42 PM

Flashlight temptation (initial follow up report 3)

On 11/05/2016 18:16, Muggles wrote:
On 5/11/2016 12:00 PM, Bod wrote:

As I look around *me*, I see many different religions all guessing
that
their particular strain is the *only* religion. I also see that
religion
in the UK is dying out except for the primitive Muslim religions. It's
true that as people get more informed and intelligent that they are
realising how misguided they have been.
It wasn't that long ago that people were worshipping the Moon/ the Sun
and many other objects as their god. Even today there are
Scientologist
idiots believing in Aliens etc.
If you read the Bible or the Koran, you'll see that they are both
contradictory all the way through and the *believers* cherry pick what
they want to hear.

I don't think any individual religion has everything correct, but I do
think many religions make an attempt to acknowledge that there is a
greater power involved in our existence, which, in turn, acknowledges
that mankind is not equivalent to being a god.

IMO, there is too much evidence that it took intelligence to create
everything we see around us.

And it all happened only 6 thousand years ago?

No.

Hmm! this disagrees with you:

The Biblical Age of the Earth - Truth In Genesis
http://www.truthingenesis.com/2013/0...-of-the-earth/
3 Jan 2013 - So, according to the Bible the earth is about 6000 years
old. ... How long did Joshua march around the walls of Jericho anyway?
... He says, €œBy Periods God created that which produced the Solar
Systems; then that which ...

How many hours were in a day when Creation happened?

What!!?

--
Bod

Muggles[_11_] May 11th 16 06:43 PM

On 5/11/2016 11:43 AM, Bod wrote:
On 11/05/2016 17:32, Muggles wrote:
guess you have never looked into someone's eyes and
seen the love of God.

Many people won't look others eye to eye because they can see into that
person's soul what they are going through, or what they are about. Have
you noticed that people don't like looking at each other eye to eye?

I always do. Autistic people have trouble in looking into peoples eyes
though.
Only by looking into someone's eyes can you see their sincerity.

That's very true.

Wow!! we agree. :-)

Yeah! Now, that we agree that you can see sincerity in someone's eyes,
would you agree that you can see insincerity, too?

--
Maggie

Muggles[_11_] May 11th 16 06:44 PM

On 5/11/2016 11:50 AM, Bod wrote:

[...]

One can be "religious" without any affiliation with a specific "religion".

--
Maggie

Bod[_3_] May 11th 16 06:49 PM

On 5/11/2016 11:26 AM, Bod wrote:
On 11/05/2016 17:09, Muggles wrote:
On 5/11/2016 3:02 AM, Bod wrote:
On 10/05/2016 21:37, Muggles wrote:
On 5/10/2016 2:22 PM, T wrote:
On 05/08/2016 12:26 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 5/8/2016 1:33 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sun, 08 May 2016 04:03:28 +0100, Muggles

wrote:

On 5/7/2016 4:08 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sat, 07 May 2016 21:36:25 +0100, Winston_Smith
wrote:

On Sat, 07 May 2016 21:09:27 +0100, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

As intelligence increases with each generation, religion
decreases.

Can you prove a decrease in religion results in an increase of
intelligence ? There seem to be examples to the contrary here.

I'd say the increase in intelligence causes the decrease in
religion.
Clever folk realise what they've been taught is a load of ****e.

Religion is only the outward expression of a desire or
acknowledgement
that a greater power exists beyond our own selves.

Yes I know what religion is, and it's nonsensical.

No, religion is a logical response to an inward sense that
greatness
exists outside of being human.

There is no evidence of a greater power.

Who designed the human nervous system? What sort of intelligence
would
it take to get it to function correctly?

If there was one, there would be evidence,

There is evidence, but even evidence is subject to your individual
belief system.

and if
we have to worship it, he would ask for the worship.

Would you want to have to ask, or would you want such adoration
given
freely to you?

And looking around you, you see God's hand in everything.

yeah ...

Hmm, like some innocent babies being born blind/ limbless etc?

sing "all things bright and wonderful, the lord god made them all".

Then recite "god made all men equal"

What a load of crap!!

I've asked many questions, myself. As far as creation goes, including
human beings, the rules were defined in the beginning. Babies being
born blind or limbless and other such things happened after sin entered
the world. There is now more chemicals and pollution that we're
exposed
to than there ever was, and that doesn't include what people
voluntarily
do to each other or themselves exposing themselves to all sorts of
contaminates. I lost much of my hearing as a teen because I lived in a
household with parents who smoked and secondhand smoke floated in the
house constantly. It's a fact that me being exposed to those
contaminates caused my hearing loss.

We blame god for everything bad that happens to us, and don't take into
consideration that perfection ended with creation after sin entered the
world.

That's my take on it, anyway.

And why did god create such an awful thing to happen? After all, he
supposedly created *everything*.

God "created" everything "in the beginning". After creation, God didn't
create anything new. Creation was the point at which all the physical
laws of the universe were "created". That includes everything.

sing " all things bright and beautiful, all creatures great and small.
All things wise and wonderful, the lord god *made them all*.

Please enlighten me!

After Creation, in the beginning, man kind was given dominion over the
Earth. We are responsible for "all things bright and beautiful, all
creatures great and small, all things wise and wonderful".

You haven't explained the incest, which obviously HAD to happen from
Adam and Eve's offspring. Which is what I asked.

I responded to your other post on the topic of incest.

But you avoided explaining how *more* babies were created without incest
occuring.

--
Bod

Bod[_3_] May 11th 16 06:55 PM

On 5/11/2016 11:32 AM, Bod wrote:

[...]

Smart can be applied to a Jack the lad type of character as well as an
astute businessman etc. Some people are smart at business, but lack
common sense in other ways. I've worked with a top respected scientist
who was the brains of his dep't, but was as thick as a brick with
everyday liasons.

--
Bod

Bod[_3_] May 11th 16 06:55 PM

On 5/11/2016 11:39 AM, Bod wrote:

[...]

But I'm *not* religious in any way shape or form.

--
Bod

Bod[_3_] May 11th 16 06:58 PM

On 5/11/2016 11:50 AM, Bod wrote:

[...]

Hmm! you've lost me there.

--
Bod

RonNNN May 11th 16 06:58 PM

Flashlight temptation (initial follow up report 3)

In article ,
says...

Are you wanting to discuss each point individually?

Ok, let's start with the incest please!

OK ... tell me where incest was in Adam and Eve's family.

2 people...1 man ...1 woman. They have children, explain how
their children created more babies without incest taking place?

You will *NOT* get an answer to your question from "Muggles". Anyone who
has ever gotten into a "debate" with her knows this already.

--
RonNNN

RonNNN May 11th 16 06:59 PM

Flashlight temptation (initial follow up report 3)

In article ,
says...

I responded to your other post on the topic of incest.

But you avoided explaining how *more* babies were created without incest
occuring.

Rinse, repeat...

--
RonNNN

Bod[_3_] May 11th 16 07:01 PM

Flashlight temptation (initial follow up report 3)

On 11/05/2016 18:58, RonNNN wrote:
In article ,
says...

Are you wanting to discuss each point individually?

Ok, let's start with the incest please!

OK ... tell me where incest was in Adam and Eve's family.

2 people...1 man ...1 woman. They have children, explain how
their children created more babies without incest taking place?

You will *NOT* get an answer to your question from "Muggles". Anyone who
has ever gotten into a "debate" with her knows this already.

Thanks for the heads up. I could see her wriggling though.

--
Bod

Bod[_3_] May 11th 16 07:01 PM

Flashlight temptation (initial follow up report 3)

On 11/05/2016 18:59, RonNNN wrote:
In article ,
says...

I responded to your other post on the topic of incest.

But you avoided explaining how *more* babies were created without incest
occuring.

Rinse, repeat...

Lol.

--
Bod

Bod[_3_] May 11th 16 07:06 PM

On 11/05/2016 19:01, Bod wrote:
On 11/05/2016 18:59, RonNNN wrote:
In article ,
says...

I responded to your other post on the topic of incest.

But you avoided explaining how *more* babies were created without incest
occuring.

Rinse, repeat...

Lol.

Anyway, we've hogged this thread, so I'll continue in a new thread to
avoid upsetting the regulars. New thread will be:
Are Atheists religious ;-)

--
Bod

Muggles[_11_] May 11th 16 07:15 PM

On 5/11/2016 4:06 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

You may want to read the first 5 chapters of Genesis, but from what I've
read and studied there are 2 explanations that I've read.

One explanation that I've read via various commentaries and study is
that "in the beginning" incest did not exist because marrying a relative
wasn't considered to be incest. The gene pool at that time was not
corrupted, therefore, incest did not produce children who were deformed,
and marriage was a legitimate union between male and female.

Another explanation is God made more people besides just Adam and Eve.
That both Adam and Even were God's first man kind that he made, and that
the word "man" was plural in some usages, not always singular by
definition.

The following reference says that when Cain was banished that he lived
in a place called Nod, and there were people living there already
because he found a wife there. It's established that Adam and Eve lived
in Eden and that Cain could not have taken a wife until he was banished
and went to the land of Nod. How did those people get there if they were
not also created by God "in the beginning"? The text doesn't say how
they got in Nod.
Reference:
Gen 4:16 And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in
the land of Nod, on the east of Eden. Gen 4:17- And Cain knew his wife;
and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the
name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

The following text implies that God made Adam (him/singular), and God
made male and female (them/plural), but it also defines male and female
by the name of Adam(male and female/plural). So, it's possible when God
created male and female, that male and female were plural, not singular,
with God assigning Adam and Eve to take care of the Garden of Eden.
Reference:
Genesis 5:1- This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day
that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;

Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name
Adam, in the day when they were created"

I haven't decided which possibility I agree with.

--
Maggie

Muggles[_11_] May 11th 16 07:18 PM

On 5/11/2016 12:00 PM, Bod wrote:

[...]

In order to conclude that the Earth is 6000 years old, we have to define
if a year was the same time increment when Creation happened. In recent
history, time has been defined in seconds, minutes, hours, and years,
etc., but how do we define time when Creation was taking place?

--
Maggie

Muggles[_11_] May 11th 16 07:19 PM

wrote:

[...]

I have since responded to another post.

--
Maggie

Muggles[_11_] May 11th 16 07:21 PM

On 5/11/2016 11:32 AM, Bod wrote:

[...]

Ok, I understand what you mean, and I do agree with you. I'm not sure
how you apply smart to people who believe in a God, though.

--
Maggie

Bod[_3_] May 11th 16 07:25 PM

On 5/11/2016 4:06 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

So lots of could be's and maybe's. Nothing definitive then.

--
Bod

Muggles[_11_] May 11th 16 07:29 PM

On 5/11/2016 11:39 AM, Bod wrote:

[...]

Being "religious" is a behavior, and a response to information that
people live out on an every day basis.

Here's an extended definition of "religious" that is not related to
religion:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/religious

Here are the non-religion applications to having behavior that is akin
to "religious" behavior:(listed from the top to the bottom of the page)

3. Extremely scrupulous or conscientious: religious devotion to duty.

4. scrupulous, exact, or conscientious

4. religious - extremely scrupulous and conscientious; "religious in
observing the rules of health"...

scrupulous - having scruples; arising from a sense of right and

wrong; principled; "less scrupulous producers sent bundles that were
deceptive in appearance"

3. conscientious, exact, faithful, rigid, rigorous, meticulous,
scrupulous, fastidious, unerring, unswerving, punctilious The clientele
turned up, with religious regularity, every night.

--
Maggie

Bod[_3_] May 11th 16 07:29 PM

On 5/11/2016 12:00 PM, Bod wrote:

[...]

But the Bible states 6,000 years ago. Time was no different
6,000 years ago.

--
Bod

Muggles[_11_] May 11th 16 07:30 PM

On 5/11/2016 11:43 AM, Bod wrote:
On 11/05/2016 17:32, Muggles wrote:
guess you have never looked into someone's eyes and
seen the love of God.

Many people won't look others eye to eye because they can see into
that
person's soul what they are going through, or what they are about.
Have
you noticed that people don't like looking at each other eye to eye?

I always do. Autistic people have trouble in looking into peoples eyes
though.
Only by looking into someone's eyes can you see their sincerity.

That's very true.

Wow!! we agree. :-)

Yeah! Now, that we agree that you can see sincerity in someone's eyes,
would you agree that you can see insincerity, too?

Of course.

Ok, would you define sincerity as good, and insincerity as bad, so you
could actually say you can see good or bad in someones eyes?

--
Maggie

Muggles[_11_] May 11th 16 07:31 PM

On 5/11/2016 11:50 AM, Bod wrote:

[...]

See another post where I go into more detail.

--
Maggie

Muggles[_11_] May 11th 16 07:34 PM

On 5/11/2016 1:01 PM, Bod wrote:
On 11/05/2016 18:58, RonNNN wrote:
In article ,
says...

Are you wanting to discuss each point individually?

Ok, let's start with the incest please!

OK ... tell me where incest was in Adam and Eve's family.

2 people...1 man ...1 woman. They have children, explain how
their children created more babies without incest taking place?

You will *NOT* get an answer to your question from "Muggles". Anyone who
has ever gotten into a "debate" with her knows this already.

Thanks for the heads up. I could see her wriggling though.

You and I are having a discussion. I'm not wriggling, and don't need
anyone to back me up or kibitz in order to influence my position. IOW,
I will hold my own in this discussion. Can you?

--
Maggie

Bod[_3_] May 11th 16 07:34 PM

On 5/11/2016 11:32 AM, Bod wrote:

[...]

I don't equate being smart with religion.

--
Bod

Muggles[_11_] May 11th 16 07:39 PM

On 5/11/2016 4:06 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

In all my years of studying the Bible, commentaries, and researching it
I've not come across "lot's of" other explanations.

For thousands of years incest was not defined in any sense that it's
defined in recent history. Marriage between relatives was not
considered immoral or illegal, let alone incest, and incest has only
been a concept that became both immoral and illegal as a result of the
issues with the children's birth defects produced from such unions.

So, "in the beginning", as far as I can tell from everything I've read,
incest did not exist.

--
Maggie

[email protected] May 11th 16 07:41 PM

On Wed, 11 May 2016 09:16:35 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 10/05/2016 22:29, T wrote:
[...]

Oh dear, you are so deluded that you even change the meaning of words
to suit yourself.

Atheism
noun
"a disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods".

Relion - noun " A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the
teachings of a spiritual leader."