Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Idiot lights-out drivers

On Tue, 08 Mar 2016 02:25:30 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 03/07/2016 12:12 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

Surely a landscaper knows when grass starts growing.

Most of the landscaping crews I've seen know a lot about grass but
they're more oriented toward smoking it than growing it.

The council officials that used to tend to the bushes near the front of my house used petrol powered strimmers. They insisted on revving them up for no reason. What's wrong with a constant speed? Oh well, the land is mine now, and apparently always was, but nobody told me! I only found out when I tried to buy it from them that I already owned it, and they were looking after it for me?!?! They're economising now anyway, so they said I have to look after it. I've removed the bloody bushes and am planting a nice lawn.

--
From an unknown aircraft waiting in a very long takeoff queue: "I'm ****ing bored!"
Ground Traffic Control: "Last aircraft transmitting, identify yourself immediately!"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 08 Mar 2016 05:10:29 -0000, Muggles wrote:

On 3/7/2016 1:02 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Mon, 29 Feb 2016 22:42:22 -0000, Muggles
wrote:

On 2/29/2016 4:13 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sat, 13 Feb 2016 17:24:32 -0000, Muggles
wrote:

On 2/13/2016 1:01 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 02/12/2016 09:24 PM, wrote:
The edge does NOT go away. Wheather a bike or a car, SOMETHING is
occupying the road ahead coming your direction. Hitting a car head on
isn't going to do any less damage to you than hitting a bike - - -

Considering I'm the guy on the bike, I'd prefer some moron didn't
hit me
head on, or what is much more common, blissfully make a left hand turn
in front of me because they 'didn't see' me. Car drivers only see
other
cars. Anything smaller than a minivan is off their radar completely.
They *might* notice a headlight, but if it's just one little headlight
in a stream of DRL's, they're going to ignore it.

A lady in a mini-van looked straight at a motor cyclist coming towards
her in the opposite lane and still turned left in front of him. The
guy
on the motor cycle ended up laying the motor cycle down on it's side
and
he got injured. She did stop at that point and took responsibility for
her actions.

Women were never designed to operate motor vehicles.

So, what's the punch line?

It's no joke that women crash all the time.

So, why is car insurance more expensive for males of a certain age groups?

Because we drive faster.

--
We used to mock the Americans' litigiousness, political correctness, health & safety obsessions and the like.
Now Britain is full of lazy lard buckets who'll sue for everything they can get if they even stub their toe on something.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/10/2016 10:39 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:
By lap belts, do you mean seatbelts or something special? When driving
I find that since I'm holding the steering wheel, I don't fall out of
the seat and have no need for a belt.

Just the belt across your lap, not the whole across your torso rigs of
today. Find yourself a nice old tank with a vinyl bench seat and try to
get up to a 1G sideways force in a turn. The car will probably break
loose before you get 1G, but your ass is going to be headed across the
seat well before then.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/10/2016 04:35 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
You lack imagination. If nothing else, holidays and giving to charity.

Holidays? Let me see. I took 1988 and 1989 off, wandered around the
country, did some volunteer work. Then for most of the '90s I took from
November to April off. I've been to most of Canada, Mexico is a
********, and I'm not too big on commercial flights.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/10/2016 05:18 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

No, it's more like Welsh speaking English. Portugal is a tiny little
thing inside Spain.

That's rich. It's bigger than Scotland and isn't inside anything. It
shares the Iberian peninsula with Spain.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 09 Mar 2016 04:27:26 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 03/08/2016 01:06 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
But writing accents does not link to pronouncing things differently.
Bough and trough are pronounced differently, you just have to remember
how to pronounce them instead of being told by the accent.

Throw in slough for good measure.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/slough

And for hough you just have to roll the dice. Then there was the gym
instructor in high school who asked me how to pronounce my last name.

I'd rather learn a few confusing words than have to write and type accents.

At least English doesn't have gender like France and Germany, that's
crazy! I forget which word it is, but something like "bra" in French is
masculine!

It pops up now and then as in ships and countries. Then there is the
sun and the moon. In English poetic usage the sun is masculine and the
moon is feminine which probably goes back to Latin via the French
invasion. In German it's die Sonne and der Mond, switching genders. Lee
Hollander was a Norse literature scholar that translated a lot of Old
Norse writing. He took a bit of flack for making the sun masculine in
the translation.

But we don't insist on putting "a" or "the" in front of every single noun, and remembering which sex it is.

--
Pat Glenn, weightlifting commentator - "And this is Gregoriava from Bulgaria. I saw her snatch this morning and it was amazing!"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 09 Mar 2016 04:30:21 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 03/08/2016 01:07 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
Dunno, I brew my own alcohol. 10 times cheaper.

Brewing beer is quite the hobby these days. I made some back in the '60s
before you could drop into the local brewing supply house and get
different malts, yeasts, and so forth. It was still, warm, and bitter.
You might have enjoyed it but I went back to Rheingold on tap.

Oh this stuff is way stronger than beer.

--
Billy bashed bandy Brian's ******** because bandy Brian broke Billy's big brown blowup boy before breakfast began.
Bigtits Beryl bit Barry's boner because Barry banged black Barbara's bare bruised bottom beside Brighton beach's battered blue bandstand.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 09 Mar 2016 20:47:54 -0000, notX wrote:

On 03/08/2016 02:04 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
--
Illegal is a big sick bird.

Sexist is a f***ing expert.

That's the worst grammar I've ever come across.

--
gods don't smite people anymore because people of many different religions now living in the same town.
No god wants to accidentally smite the wrong person and get sued by another god.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 03:43:04 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 03/09/2016 01:54 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

So some of your states have no insurance? How does that work in an
accident? Do you have to chase the person at fault for the money?

I think most states now have insurance requirements but that doesn't
mean people have insurance. There's an 'uninsured motorist' option that
is $20 a year or some other trivial amount. Bikes in this state do not
have to be insured but I carry it anyway.

The last time I got stopped I whipped out my deck of insurance cards (3
bikes, a car, and a pickup) and didn't have an up to date one for the
vehicle. The insurance was current but I'd been lax in updating the
cards. The speeding fine was negligible but the lack of proof of
insurance was several hundred bucks. No problem, I just had to go to the
courthouse and produce proof and that was dropped from the ticket but I
found out how serious they are about uninsured vehicles.

Try that here and they actually destroy your vehicle. Environmentally friendly government my ass.

--
A man is a person who will pay two dollars for a one-dollar item he wants.
A woman will pay one dollar for a two-dollar item that she doesn't want.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 03:48:36 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 03/09/2016 01:56 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
I just bought some polystyrene insulation to do up my garage, by mail
order. The equivalent of two double bed mattresses in size. I guess
the driver who arrived hadn't loaded the lorry himself, because he was
pleasantly surprised that they weighed virtually nothing.

--

I got a friend's kid a Playmobil farm set for Christmas that came in a
huge box. The driver probably was nervous given some of the stuff I get

The driver was "nervous"?

--
What do you call it when a blonde drives down the street with her head out the window?
Refueling.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 03:54:51 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 03/09/2016 01:57 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

That happens here and the PO gets ****ed off. Some government thing
where the PO ends up subsidising it.

Netflix DVD's are probably keeping the PO in business and for a while
Netflix was getting the red carpet treatment. Then some asshole from
another mail rental company bitched about the favoritism. The PO went
back to their snail mail mode.

Luckily, anyone can encode an envelope and request to be notified when
the PO scans it in so Netflix counts it as returned three days before
they ever physically get it.

It was an interesting lesson in what the PO can do when they aren't
screwing the pooch.

Ebay made our PO loads, then all the little couriers started doing nice options that were the same price or cheaper, collected from your door. If I sell something, I pay £3 (unless it's heavy) and someone takes it from my shed even if I'm out. The someone being a woman I know 3 blocks away that works for two of the couriers :-)

--
Did you hear about the guy who finally figured out women?
He died laughing before he could tell anybody.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 03:59:11 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 03/09/2016 01:59 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
Our PO gets really annoyed when people send stuff like that. They have
absurd restrictions now. I sent an aerosol can through the post and
received a rude letter form the PO saying they had "confiscated and
destroyed it". I think you can't even send more batteries than 4 AAs.

The PO is fairly ****y but UPS is much more liberal. They'll even handle
HazMat shipments like ammunition components although there's a
surcharge. In some sort of bureaucratic logic, loaded ammo isn't Hazmat,
just powder and primers.

[giggles and scratches head, forgetting there's a parrot on my shoulder, knocks the parrot slightly and receives a warning bite]

--
Those who jump off a bridge in Paris are in Seine.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 04:20:08 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 03/09/2016 02:00 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
The drummer? She's damn hot!

None of them are all that bad. Even Marie doesn't look that goofy in person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QTzNgOsB2g

We have a Celtic Fest in the summer and they often show up.
Unfortunately their tour dates show them in Dayton, OH on 29 July this
year. They split traditional and original pop so it's always a good
show. They throw some songs like 'The Boys of the Old Brigade' into the
mix unlike most of the groups that stay away from republican songs.
Fortunately this isn't Glasgow and they aren't the Celtic F.C.

I'll take either blonde one, or both.

--
The Official MBA Handbook on business cards: Avoid overly pretentious job titles such as "Lord of the Realm, Defender of the Faith, Emperor of India" or "Director of Corporate Planning."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/12/2016 12:58 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

But we don't insist on putting "a" or "the" in front of every single
noun, and remembering which sex it is.

Probably why the native British birth rate is so low; you can't remember
which sex is which.

I would love to know how they ever did hit on some of the sexes though.
With German it's safe to sort of say d' rather than sorting out der,
die, and das.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/12/2016 12:58 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
Oh this stuff is way stronger than beer.

https://www.brewdog.com/lowdown/blog/diy-dog

https://www.brewdog.com/lowdown/blog/sink-the-bismarck

If you can beat their 'Sink the Bismark' try for 'The End of History'.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/12/2016 02:21 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 03:48:36 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 03/09/2016 01:56 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
I just bought some polystyrene insulation to do up my garage, by mail
order. The equivalent of two double bed mattresses in size. I guess
the driver who arrived hadn't loaded the lorry himself, because he was
pleasantly surprised that they weighed virtually nothing.

--

I got a friend's kid a Playmobil farm set for Christmas that came in a
huge box. The driver probably was nervous given some of the stuff I get
but it was mostly air. It even fooled me. I was home and met him at the
truck trying to remember what I'd ordered that was that big. Even out of
the huge overpack the box was bigger than I'd anticipated but I have
zero experience with toys for a 3 year old since I was one.

The driver was "nervous"?

Perhaps suspicious would be closer. He's delivered anything from
motorcycle tires to tow bars so any very large box with my name on it
should be approached with caution.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/12/2016 02:24 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

[giggles and scratches head, forgetting there's a parrot on my shoulder,
knocks the parrot slightly and receives a warning bite]

I saw a guy in the market once with a parrot on his shoulder. His
t-shirt was in tatters and had suspicious grey streaks down it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/12/2016 02:25 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
I'll take either blonde one, or both.

Be warned Joan never shuts up unless she's singing. She runs on and on
while Marie stands there with a 'can we play some ****ing music?' look
on her face.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 11 Mar 2016 04:38:15 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 03/10/2016 10:39 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:
By lap belts, do you mean seatbelts or something special? When driving
I find that since I'm holding the steering wheel, I don't fall out of
the seat and have no need for a belt.

Just the belt across your lap, not the whole across your torso rigs of
today. Find yourself a nice old tank with a vinyl bench seat and try to
get up to a 1G sideways force in a turn. The car will probably break
loose before you get 1G, but your ass is going to be headed across the
seat well before then.

But modern vehicles don't have slidy seats.

--
Hello: A shout to attract attention, first recorded 1588. Popularity as a greeting coincides with use of the telephone, where it won out over Alexander Graham Bell's suggestion, ahoy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 11 Mar 2016 04:42:35 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 03/10/2016 04:35 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
You lack imagination. If nothing else, holidays and giving to charity.

Holidays? Let me see. I took 1988 and 1989 off, wandered around the
country, did some volunteer work. Then for most of the '90s I took from
November to April off. I've been to most of Canada, Mexico is a
********, and I'm not too big on commercial flights.

America is a big place, it would take a lifetime to discover all of it.

--
"I have a ringing in my ears." Doctor: "Don't answer!"

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 11 Mar 2016 04:45:45 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 03/10/2016 05:18 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

No, it's more like Welsh speaking English. Portugal is a tiny little
thing inside Spain.

That's rich. It's bigger than Scotland and isn't inside anything. It
shares the Iberian peninsula with Spain.

It's surrounded by Spain, you might aswell call it Spain.

--
"I have a ringing in my ears." Doctor: "Don't answer!"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/14/2016 6:57 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Fri, 11 Mar 2016 04:45:45 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 03/10/2016 05:18 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

No, it's more like Welsh speaking English. Portugal is a tiny little
thing inside Spain.

That's rich. It's bigger than Scotland and isn't inside anything. It
shares the Iberian peninsula with Spain.

It's surrounded by Spain, you might aswell call it Spain.

Really? How old is your map? Portugal isn't "surrounded" by anything.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"SeaNymph" wrote in message ...

On 3/14/2016 6:57 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Fri, 11 Mar 2016 04:45:45 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 03/10/2016 05:18 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

No, it's more like Welsh speaking English. Portugal is a tiny little
thing inside Spain.

That's rich. It's bigger than Scotland and isn't inside anything. It
shares the Iberian peninsula with Spain.

It's surrounded by Spain, you might aswell call it Spain.

Really? How old is your map? Portugal isn't "surrounded" by anything.

You need to go back in school!!!!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 14 Mar 2016 19:20:49 -0500, SeaNymph
wrote:

On 3/14/2016 6:57 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Fri, 11 Mar 2016 04:45:45 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 03/10/2016 05:18 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

No, it's more like Welsh speaking English. Portugal is a tiny little
thing inside Spain.

That's rich. It's bigger than Scotland and isn't inside anything. It
shares the Iberian peninsula with Spain.

It's surrounded by Spain, you might aswell call it Spain.

Really? How old is your map? Portugal isn't "surrounded" by anything.

The idiot can't read maps -and has no concept of law and order or
international bounderies - or much else in the real world, as it
happens.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 14 Mar 2016 17:31:50 -0700, "Tony944" wrote:

"SeaNymph" wrote in message ...

On 3/14/2016 6:57 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Fri, 11 Mar 2016 04:45:45 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 03/10/2016 05:18 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

No, it's more like Welsh speaking English. Portugal is a tiny little
thing inside Spain.

That's rich. It's bigger than Scotland and isn't inside anything. It
shares the Iberian peninsula with Spain.

It's surrounded by Spain, you might aswell call it Spain.

Really? How old is your map? Portugal isn't "surrounded" by anything.

You need to go back in school!!!!!!

Won't do HIM any good.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/14/2016 05:57 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Fri, 11 Mar 2016 04:42:35 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 03/10/2016 04:35 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
You lack imagination. If nothing else, holidays and giving to charity.

Holidays? Let me see. I took 1988 and 1989 off, wandered around the
country, did some volunteer work. Then for most of the '90s I took from
November to April off. I've been to most of Canada, Mexico is a
********, and I'm not too big on commercial flights.

America is a big place, it would take a lifetime to discover all of it.

True, but there are parts I'd as soon skip.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 22:37:20 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 03/12/2016 12:58 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

But we don't insist on putting "a" or "the" in front of every single
noun, and remembering which sex it is.

Probably why the native British birth rate is so low; you can't remember
which sex is which.

Our country is full. We don't need to create more.

I would love to know how they ever did hit on some of the sexes though.
With German it's safe to sort of say d' rather than sorting out der,
die, and das.

When speaking French or German, I don't care about the sexes. The worst that can happen is they laugh at you for getting it wrong. I once (although this is mispronunciation not gender) asked for a loaf of champagne in France instead of a loaf of bread. The words are the same but with an H in one of them. The shopkeeper laughed hysterically then told me how to pronounce the C correctly while doing funny hand gestures.

--
President Bush was in South Dakota recently. There was an awkward moment at Mount Rushmore when President Bush said, "Hey, look, it's those guys on the money!"
- Conan Obrien
Posted to alt.home.repair

41%!?!? How the ****?

--
Computers can never replace human stupidity.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 22:45:07 -0000, rbowman wrote:

[...]

I thought you meant "this might explode". Did you mean "this might be heavy"?

--
How come the dove gets to be the peace symbol? How about the pillow? It has more feathers than the dove, and it doesn't have that dangerous beak!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 22:47:46 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 03/12/2016 02:24 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

[giggles and scratches head, forgetting there's a parrot on my shoulder,
knocks the parrot slightly and receives a warning bite]

I saw a guy in the market once with a parrot on his shoulder. His
t-shirt was in tatters and had suspicious grey streaks down it.

I have many tshirts with holes.

I don't take them around with me though, I don't believe in wing clipping, so they could fly off.

Apart form on a feather tether (like a dog lead but for birds).

--
Keep your nose to the grindstone, your shoulder to the wheel, your eye on the ball, and your ear to the ground. Then see how much work you get done in that position.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 22:50:19 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 03/12/2016 02:25 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
I'll take either blonde one, or both.

Be warned Joan never shuts up unless she's singing. She runs on and on
while Marie stands there with a 'can we play some ****ing music?' look
on her face.

I cannot tolerate continual yapping.

--
If you spin oriental folk till they are dizzy, do they become disoriented?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/15/2016 04:03 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
When speaking French or German, I don't care about the sexes. The worst
that can happen is they laugh at you for getting it wrong. I once
(although this is mispronunciation not gender) asked for a loaf of
champagne in France instead of a loaf of bread. The words are the same
but with an H in one of them. The shopkeeper laughed hysterically then
told me how to pronounce the C correctly while doing funny hand gestures.

You should have asked for 'le pain' and he would have given you some.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/15/2016 04:05 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 22:43:13 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 03/12/2016 12:58 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
Oh this stuff is way stronger than beer.

https://www.brewdog.com/lowdown/blog/diy-dog

https://www.brewdog.com/lowdown/blog/sink-the-bismarck

If you can beat their 'Sink the Bismark' try for 'The End of History'.

41%!?!? How the ****?

Got me. That's well beyond any champagne yeast. They must be dribbling
in the British equivalent of Everclear.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/15/2016 04:06 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

I thought you meant "this might explode". Did you mean "this might be
heavy"?

Yes. The stuff that might explode had red HazMat stickers.