DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   (OT) How to remove Mineral Oil from clothing (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/390133-ot-how-remove-mineral-oil-clothing.html)

[email protected] February 7th 16 12:20 AM

(OT) How to remove Mineral Oil from clothing

Yesterday I had the vet out for a horse who is having trouble pooping.
He gave it mineral oil and left me a jug of it to give the horse today.
The horse looks better but the vet said to give the oil anyhow. I just
did it, and since the horse kept tossing his head, my clothing is soaked
with it. (It's a good thing I wore an old coat).

Anyhow, will this come out with just normal washing and detergent, or do
I need to do something else. Should I use HOT water (I usually use
cold)? Is this gonna leave a oily mess in my washing machine? (If so,
I'll take the clothes to a laundromat)....

I did wipe off the real oily part of the coat with a paper towel as soon
as I got indoors. This sure was a messy ordeal . . . I was supposed to
give the horse 16 oz (a pint), but I ended up giving it two extra
ounces, because I know I'm wearing at least that much, or it went on the
ground.

Thanks

Oren[_2_] February 7th 16 12:34 AM

On Sat, 06 Feb 2016 18:20:08 -0600, wrote:

[...]

Have your mother SHOUT IT OUT. Amazing you come here every day and
cannot solve basic problems. Expected from clowns, though.

rbowman February 7th 16 01:57 AM

On 02/06/2016 05:20 PM, wrote:
Yesterday I had the vet out for a horse who is having trouble pooping.
He gave it mineral oil and left me a jug of it to give the horse today.
The horse looks better but the vet said to give the oil anyhow. I just
did it, and since the horse kept tossing his head, my clothing is soaked
with it. (It's a good thing I wore an old coat).

Obviously you were pouring the oil into the wrong end of the horse.

Larry[_25_] February 7th 16 03:22 AM

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...8e2a8c33c1.jpg