Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Prayer for the snow storm (add some text, and send it back through the list)

Per T:
From a diabetic's standpoint, below the chin, carbs
are the same as sugar. Both do the same damage to
the human body

Not according to Lustig. I don't have the grey matter to recap his
description of the metabolic processes, but he argues that sugar is far,
far, far more egregious to the metabolism than any other carbohydrate.
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/04/2016 05:35 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per T:
From a diabetic's standpoint, below the chin, carbs
are the same as sugar. Both do the same damage to
the human body

Not according to Lustig. I don't have the grey matter to recap his
description of the metabolic processes, but he argues that sugar is far,
far, far more egregious to the metabolism than any other carbohydrate.

Hi Pete,

I am not sure what Lustig is getting at, but it all has to do
with the "glycemic index" (GI). That is a measure of how fast
carbs get into your system. 100 is for glucose. Maltodextrin,
a by product of corn, is 110, which is why I call it "liars glucose".

Here is a GI calculator (University of Sydney):
http://www.glycemicindex.com/

This is for wheat flour:
GI 71

This is for sucrose (table sugar):
GI 60

So, wheat flour is actually worse than common table sugar.
It is the spike that do the most damage. Constant highs
too.

Maybe the University of Sydney hadn't done their research
before Lustig published his.

You will get a kick out of this "real soda commercial"
(3:50):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMXwFlp9IoI

-T