Old January 28th 16, 12:51 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Prayer for the snow storm (add some text, and send it backthrough the list)

On 1/28/2016 6:29 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Sunday, January 24, 2016 at 1:53:33 PM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 1/24/2016 7:56 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:

Dear Lord, thank God I live in The South. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Reverent Monster

Next hurricane, let me know about a week
in advance. I'll mail you a book of matches
and a pack of birthday candles.
--
.

Didn't a really bad hurricane hit New York and New Jersey? The subways got flushed out, all the underground critters washed away and the alligators went home. When a hurricane comes through The Gulf of Mexico, here in the middle of Alabamastan with hills and mountains, we catch the edge of the weather system and not the full force of the hurricane but the resulting severe thunderstorms and occasional tornadoes are bad enough. O_o

[8~{} Uncle Wet Monster

Yes, there was Hurricane Sandy a couple years ago.
Wiped out NYC and NJ, as you mention. I'm not sure
it improved much, they probably rebuilt the same
type of construction. Did you want the trick birthday
candles that can't be blown out?

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Old January 28th 16, 12:59 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, January 28, 2016 at 6:51:24 AM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

Na, we have wood burning stoves where we burn all the debris that the wind carried down South from the storms up North. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Windy Monster
Old January 28th 16, 01:50 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/28/2016 4:46 AM, Hogan wrote:
Yah, Weight Watchers is in business to sell packaged meals so I don't doubt
there might be some evil there.

But FWIW, I was looking at an old (1970) high school class photo the other
day and noticed out of 100 kids only 3 were noticeably overweight.

Compare that to the typical class photo today and you'll see at least 50%
of the kids are overweight.

And, dear God, please help the obese kids
during the storm. Don't let them all be
sold to Eskimos for blubber.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Old January 28th 16, 01:55 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/28/2016 7:59 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Thursday, January 28, 2016 at 6:51:24 AM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Yes, there was Hurricane Sandy a couple years ago.
Wiped out NYC and NJ, as you mention. I'm not sure
it improved much, they probably rebuilt the same
type of construction. Did you want the trick birthday
candles that can't be blown out?
--
.

Na, we have wood burning stoves where we burn all the debris that the wind carried down South from the storms up North. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Windy Monster

A few people up nawth have wood burning devices.
Even fewer have backup light and heat for the home.
We pretty much huddle under blankets and freeze
when there is a service interruption of any kind.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Old January 28th 16, 01:57 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Prayer for the sotherners

On 1/28/2016 7:59 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Na, we have wood burning stoves where we burn all the debris that the wind carried down South from the storms up North. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Windy Monster

I may be in South Carolina in a week or so. Plans to
visit a friend, near Greenville. He lives in trailer
on land. Heat pump, no wood burner.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Old January 28th 16, 02:30 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Per T:
That has not changed. The way obesity is measured has changed.

What year are reckoning from?

Obesity levels have increased significantly just since 1988-1994.
viz http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db56.pdf
--
Pete Cresswell
Old January 28th 16, 04:02 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, January 28, 2016 at 7:50:15 AM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 1/28/2016 4:46 AM, Hogan wrote:
Yah, Weight Watchers is in business to sell packaged meals so I don't doubt
there might be some evil there.

But FWIW, I was looking at an old (1970) high school class photo the other
day and noticed out of 100 kids only 3 were noticeably overweight.

Compare that to the typical class photo today and you'll see at least 50%
of the kids are overweight.

And, dear God, please help the obese kids
during the storm. Don't let them all be
sold to Eskimos for blubber.
--
.

Fat children cook up real good, they're self basting. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Hungry Monster
Old January 28th 16, 04:16 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, January 28, 2016 at 7:56:00 AM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 1/28/2016 7:59 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Thursday, January 28, 2016 at 6:51:24 AM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Yes, there was Hurricane Sandy a couple years ago.
Wiped out NYC and NJ, as you mention. I'm not sure
it improved much, they probably rebuilt the same
type of construction. Did you want the trick birthday
candles that can't be blown out?
--
.

Na, we have wood burning stoves where we burn all the debris that the wind carried down South from the storms up North. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Windy Monster

A few people up nawth have wood burning devices.
Even fewer have backup light and heat for the home.
We pretty much huddle under blankets and freeze
when there is a service interruption of any kind.
--
.

Many people in Alabamastan have backup generators that run on natural gas which is widely available here. I must wonder if it's because the adoption and infrastructure for natural gas is so much newer than that for heating oil? It's like in developing nations where cellphones are more common because there is no copper wire communications network that's been in existence for so many years. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Gassy Monster
Old January 28th 16, 07:22 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/28/2016 03:53 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Thursday, January 28, 2016 at 3:46:45 AM UTC-6, Hogan wrote:
On 01/28/2016 12:01 AM, T wrote:
On 01/24/2016 05:46 AM, jack wrote:
Over 70% of US population is overweight or obese. It would do them good
to fast for a week or so.

That has not changed. The way obesity is measured has changed.
Hmmmm. I wonder if it has anything to do with a Weight Watcher
executive being on the panel that come out with the new guidelines?
Naw. Can't be.

Yah, Weight Watchers is in business to sell packaged meals so I don't doubt
there might be some evil there.

But FWIW, I was looking at an old (1970) high school class photo the other
day and noticed out of 100 kids only 3 were noticeably overweight.

Compare that to the typical class photo today and you'll see at least 50%
of the kids are overweight.

When I was a fat kid, we kids went outside to play and ride bicycles. Where do fat kids go to play theses days? Um, let me see,... oh yea! They go to exercise their pudgy little thumbs! I remember JFK promoting national fitness and we fat kids had PE classes at school. Where the hell did Physical Education classes in the school systems go? Phys-ed seems to have been replaced with Political Correctness class. O_o

[8~{} Uncle Fat Monster

When I was a kid, all the fat kids where under a lot of social pressure.
Social pressure to sign up for the football team!