Posted to alt.home.repair

Default If you dont have a 2016 Calendar

If you dont have a 2016 Calendar, you can use a calendar from these
years:

1904
1932
1960
1988

If you save a 2016 calendar, you can reuse it in:

2044
2072
2112

(Except some holiday dates may be different)

http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/...html?year=2016

Or use the calculator he
http://www.hermetic.ch/cal_sw/idcal/idcal.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

You posted to a non-calendar newsgroup. Nothing about home repair.
Right now, only politicians worry about calendars.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/1/2016 11:05 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Friday, January 1, 2016 at 10:58:13 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/1/2016 9:57 PM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 01 Jan 2016 20:05:44 -0600, wrote:

You posted to a non-calendar newsgroup. Nothing about home repair.
Right now, only politicians worry about calendars.

I have a new calendar for 2016. Can anyone tell me how to hang it? Do
I need special tools?

The old calendar fell off the wall last February so I can't use that nail.
Thanks for any help,
Dateless in Dallas

Please see the thread I started earlier this evening entitled "Has Anyone
Tried Sugru Moldable Glue"

www.sugru.com

You expect me to look it up myself? How rude. I come here to have
everything done for me.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 1 Jan 2016 22:58:11 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 1/1/2016 9:57 PM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 01 Jan 2016 20:05:44 -0600, wrote:

You posted to a non-calendar newsgroup. Nothing about home repair.
Right now, only politicians worry about calendars.

I have a new calendar for 2016. Can anyone tell me how to hang it? Do
I need special tools?

Yes.
You'll need, a building permit, a 50lb sledge hammer, 8 railroad spikes
at least 2 ft. long, A professional assistant trained to use a tape
measure, 5 gallons of calendar adhesive, duct tape, insulation, 25 ft.
of 12-2 w gnd Romex, a steel beam at least 8 ft. long, a licensed
electrician, a Chain hoist (to lift the calendar), a barstool that
rotates, at least 4 strong men to turn the barstool while you're
standing on it and applying the adhsive, and a 30 pack of beer.

Have the trained tape measure person mark the location, pay them and
thank them. (they can then leave). Using a chainsaw, cut the chain on
the chain hoise to the same length as the calendar. Then use the chain
hoist to lift the calendar while you raise the steel beam by hand, and
nail it to the wall with the sledge and RR spikes. Connect the white
wire from the romex to the left side of the beam, and the black to the
right, and have the electrician wire it to a breaker.

Drink half the beer, then stand on the barstool, with the 5 gal pail of
adhesive, and have the 4 men turn the barstool at least 120 RPM, while
you scoop the adhesive on the wall with your bare hands. Drink 5 more
beers, and swing the chain hoist toward the ashesive, but below the
beam. If properly wired, the beam should be glowing red, which will dry
the adhesive at the same moment the calendar strikes the adhesive. Now
drive two additional railroad spikes thru the calendar, making sure they
are driven all the way thru the wall. Remove the chain hoist and have
the 4 men turn the barstool at exactly 850 RPM (with you still on it),
to blow the fumes away from the calendar. (Do not smoke during this
phase).

Properly insulate the calendar to keep it at an even temperature year
round, and use the duct tape to keep the insulation in place.

Now sit down on the barstool, and finish the beer while telling your
wife the dates of all holidays, and have her write them down on paper,
to enter into your cellphone at a later time.

With the job finished, turn off the main breaker in your house and
contact the building inspectors to inspect the job and approve it.
After they are finished, you can turn your power back on.

Note: This may increase or decrease your property taxes, and affect your
homeowners insurance rates.

The old calendar fell off the wall last February so I can't use that nail.
Thanks for any help,
Dateless in Dallas

The nail was probably fatigued from the weight of a whole year. Never
hang more than 4 months at a time.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/1/2016 9:57 PM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 01 Jan 2016 20:05:44 -0600, wrote:

You posted to a non-calendar newsgroup. Nothing about home repair.
Right now, only politicians worry about calendars.

I have a new calendar for 2016. Can anyone tell me how to hang it? Do
I need special tools?

The old calendar fell off the wall last February so I can't use that nail.
Thanks for any help,
Dateless in Dallas

Please see the thread I started earlier this evening entitled "Has Anyone
Tried Sugru Moldable Glue"

www.sugru.com

You expect me to look it up myself? How rude. I come here to have
everything done for me.

Don't cry little boy, someone here may know your parents and can make sure you get home. Wow, you're a big guy aren't you? I'll bet you're 5 aren't you? Three and three quarters?! Naaaaa, you're trying to fool me, you're 5 I bet. OKaaaay, I believe you. What's your name there big guy? Did your Mommy and Daddy teach you about your address and phone number? Can you show me where your house is? That way? Are you sure? OKaaaay, don't cry, we'll get you home. Who was watching you big guy? OKaaaay, Heyyyy, look at this, this is a map, do you know what a map is? Don't worry big guy, we'll get you home......ヽ(€¢€¿€¢)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Helpful Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/2/2016 5:00 AM, wrote:
[...]

I'm in the presence of greatness. No way I could
have done as well as you did, with the fine details.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/1/2016 9:05 PM, wrote:
If you dont have a 2016 Calendar, you can use a calendar from these
years:

1904
1932
1960
1988

If you save a 2016 calendar, you can reuse it in:

2044
2072
2112

(Except some holiday dates may be different)

http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/...html?year=2016

Or use the calculator he
http://www.hermetic.ch/cal_sw/idcal/idcal.htm

I've been using Google Calendar for years, even before I had a smart
phone. Before that, I used an app for a PDA; didn't use the PDA, but I
did use the PC program for calendar. My wife was reluctant to change her
ways from paper. Then she was laid up with a broken femur and I had to
be the temporary CFO in the house. I did everything on Google Calendar.
When she returned to the CFO roll, there was grumbling, etc. but now she
would never go back. We built this house with a large central pass
through between the living room and kitchen, which is AKA the computer
room. It is the hub of the house and gets used many, many times during
the day for computer stuff. Now if I could only get her to do the
recipes on the computer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/2/2016 9:11 AM, Art Todesco wrote:

I've been using Google Calendar for years, even before I had a smart
phone. Before that, I used an app for a PDA; didn't use the PDA, but I
did use the PC program for calendar. My wife was reluctant to change her
ways from paper.

Google calendar is very handy. My wife has frequent doctor appointment
and PT tests.

What makes it hand is any appointments either of us make are seen by the
other both on the computer and phone. Easy to avoid conflicts that way
and no need to call and check.

Wife had a flip phone to carry and in the few years she had it she would
make about two calls a year. She wanted a smart phone like mine. I
figured it would be a wast of money, but I give her most anything she
wants. Wow, it gets used many times a day, but still only a couple of
calls a year. Appointments, keeping in touch with kids and grandkids,
news, weather. Most important, she texts me every morning so I know she
is OK and having her coffee.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Paintedcow posted for all of us....

On 1/1/2016 9:57 PM, Oren wrote:
[...]

LMAO!

This should be canonized.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski:

The post that should be canonized is paintedcows's
elaborate instructions for hang a wall calendar that
must be 47 feet wide and 80 feet tall, LOL.

From a tablet using Google Groups, my ability to
properly quote another usenet contributor is,
politely put, 'limited'.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote: "I agree. Well done. I did apply for the permit today."

Tee hee!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 2 Jan 2016 08:45:21 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

I have a new calendar for 2016. Can anyone tell me how to hang it? Do
I need special tools?

The old calendar fell off the wall last February so I can't use that nail.
Thanks for any help,
Dateless in Dallas

Dear Dateless in Dallas,
Calendars sure can be tricky. There
are some good non credit college courses, you
can take at University of Texas, Dallas campus.
You can meet some other single folks, and
practice calendar hanging on wall mockups in
the class rooms.

My 2016 calendar has 18 months. In 2017 we only need a half calendar?

....Observes major holidays and moon phases

http://www.calendars.com/Basenji/Basenjis-Wall-Calendar/prod201500004928/?categoryId=cat10021&seoCatId=cat00201
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 2 Jan 2016 15:17:31 -0600, hah
wrote:

You posted to a non-calendar newsgroup. Nothing about home repair.
Right now, only politicians worry about calendars.

Maybe its a load-bearing calendar. Take it off the wall and the house
falls down.

Reason I like calendars with Julian dates.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

You posted to a non-calendar newsgroup. Nothing about home repair.
Right now, only politicians worry about calendars.

Maybe its a load-bearing calendar. Take it off the wall and the house
falls down.

Reason I like calendars with Julian dates.

I really like regular dates but what do Julian dates taste like? Š™.˜‰

[8~{} Uncle Date Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

You posted to a non-calendar newsgroup. Nothing about home repair.
Right now, only politicians worry about calendars.

Maybe its a load-bearing calendar. Take it off the wall and the house
falls down.

Reason I like calendars with Julian dates.

I really like regular dates but what do Julian dates taste like? ?.?

[8~{} Uncle Date Monster

Tastes? Archived things are easy to find when dated in order. "The
Gregorian calendar reformed the Julian calendar because the Julian
calendar introduced an error of 1 day every 128 years. The
introduction of the Gregorian calendar allowed for the realignment
with astronomical events like equinoxes and solstices..."

Where can I get one calendar for my lifetime?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/02/2016 06:29 PM, Oren wrote:
My 2016 calendar has 18 months. In 2017 we only need a half calendar?

If Clinton gets elected we'll be lucky to make it that long.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Looks like every 28 years......

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/02/2016 08:04 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

[snip]

Maybe its a load-bearing calendar. Take it off the wall and the house
falls down.

Reason I like calendars with Julian dates.

I really like regular dates but what do Julian dates taste like? Š™.˜‰

IIRC, if you eat Julian dates, you'll be slightly more likely to jump
off a bridge. Maybe that means they taste so good they make you careless.

BTW, if you can't figure that out, "more leap years".

[8~{} Uncle Date Monster

--
"...And malt does more than Milton can To justify God's ways to man" [A.
E. Housman]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/02/2016 11:22 PM, Don Y wrote:

(the leap year cycle repeats every *400* years, not every 4)

So the average year is 365.2425 days long (365 + 1/4 - 1/100 + 1/400).
Interestingly, that is a whole number of seconds (31,556,952).

Of course, that doesn't count the unpredictable leap seconds.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Fundamentalist: One who's mental and wants your funds."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/3/2016 10:11 AM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 01/02/2016 11:22 PM, Don Y wrote:

(the leap year cycle repeats every *400* years, not every 4)

So the average year is 365.2425 days long (365 + 1/4 - 1/100 + 1/400).
Interestingly, that is a whole number of seconds (31,556,952).

Of course, that doesn't count the unpredictable leap seconds.

The notion of a "day" varies, over time as the earth's rotation
is slowing. So, the need to keep injecting MORE extra seconds.

Of course, no one has told any of our (traditional) clocks about
this...

[Hand-waving to ignore annual variations in the length of the
"solar day"]

I wonder if the early "celestial mechanics" (galileo, newton,
kepler, copernicus, etc) would have ABANDONED their ideas had
they known EXACTLY how weird it all ACTUALLY is??
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/03/2016 11:20 AM, Don Y wrote:

[snip]

I wonder if the early "celestial mechanics" (galileo, newton,
kepler, copernicus, etc) would have ABANDONED their ideas had
they known EXACTLY how weird it all ACTUALLY is??

An "intelligent designer" could have made it a lot less weird. How about
a year that lasts exactly 364 days (less than 10^-30 seconds variation)?

BTW, 364 is a whole number of weeks too. 13 4-week months. Every week,
month, & year start on the same weekday. Christmas could always be on
Friday.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Fundamentalist: One who's mental and wants your funds."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/3/2016 11:17 AM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 01/03/2016 11:20 AM, Don Y wrote:

[snip]

I wonder if the early "celestial mechanics" (galileo, newton,
kepler, copernicus, etc) would have ABANDONED their ideas had
they known EXACTLY how weird it all ACTUALLY is??

An "intelligent designer" could have made it a lot less weird.

What???! And do away with faith in the totally ridiculous??

Take all the fun out of PLANTING fossil evidence to make us THINK
the planet was a lot older than it REALLY is?
"Heh heh heh... I'll really confuse those 'scientists'! Make
some castings of a couple of weird critters and scatter the
parts deep in the soil. And, while I'm at it, I'll make these
other critters that look a helluvalot like Man -- just to get
the heretics thinking about weird stuff... hmmm... yes, I'll
use the ancient Aramaic word for 'heretic' and call these
other critters 'apes'..."

Introducing: Jesus (TM Reg), dino-rider! Collect all 7 action figures
and trade them with your friends! (Batteries not included. Act now
and we'll send you a SECOND set absolutely FREE -- just pay separate
shipping and handling...)

How about a year
that lasts exactly 364 days (less than 10^-30 seconds variation)?

BTW, 364 is a whole number of weeks too. 13 4-week months. Every week, month, &
year start on the same weekday. Christmas could always be on Friday.

But, that would look so *contrived*! Almost as if it had been
DESIGNED that way!! :-/

And, what's up with naming the days of the week after Roman God-s (plural)??
Ditto with the planets?? Such blasphemy!!

(You'd think the days would be named something special: "I'll meet you next
Mathew at 4:00PM" "We're going to the store on Mary." "NASA is sending
a probe to Joseph" etc.)

But, we need to make sure we put the image of some mish-mosh of chrisitan and
pagan celebrations on our bright red coffee cups lest we not be considered
good christians!

(Everyone knows Jesus came down the chimney on that first XMAS bearing
GIFTS... dispatched from a sleigh pulled by reindeer... made by little
pointy eared GOBLINS...)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 3 Jan 2016 11:11:21 -0600, Mark Lloyd wrote:

On 01/02/2016 11:22 PM, Don Y wrote:

(the leap year cycle repeats every *400* years, not every 4)

So the average year is 365.2425 days long (365 + 1/4 - 1/100 + 1/400).
Interestingly, that is a whole number of seconds (31,556,952).

Of course, that doesn't count the unpredictable leap seconds.

I've never understood how this all works. I was taught in school WHY
it's designed as it is, but it never really made sense. For example, why
do we have 28 days in Feb, and 7 months with 31 days (and 4 with 30
days). Why didn't they just make Feb with 30 days and have two less
months which are 31 days be made to be 30 days? The leap year could
still be in Feb, where that month would then be 31 days on leap
years....

In reality, one would think that all months should be 30 days long
because a circle is 360deg. So a year should then be 360 days long, but
we know that would not work.... Confusing at best! So I guess we just
accept what we're told and never really try to comprehend it, unless
we're a scientist or astronomer...

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

In reality, one would think that all months should be 30 days long
because a circle is 360deg. So a year should then be 360 days long, but
we know that would not work.... Confusing at best! So I guess we just
accept what we're told and never really try to comprehend it, unless
we're a scientist or astronomer...

It is not that a circle is 360 deg, but a year is the number of days it
takes the earth go go around the sun. As above, it is not exectally 365
days. The time a years was tried at 30 days, after a few years it was
snowing in the summer and hot in the winter.

If you look hard enough you will find out the number of seconds in a year
changes and there are several standards of seconds. One with the
oscillations of an atom and the other how long it takes the earth to revolve
looking at one star.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/03/2016 04:48 PM, wrote:

[snip]

I've never understood how this all works. I was taught in school WHY
it's designed as it is, but it never really made sense. For example, why
do we have 28 days in Feb, and 7 months with 31 days (and 4 with 30
days). Why didn't they just make Feb with 30 days and have two less
months which are 31 days be made to be 30 days? The leap year could
still be in Feb, where that month would then be 31 days on leap
years....

I'm not sure where all that complexity (varying month lengths comes
from). My idea (13 28-day months) is unacceptable because 13 is female
(and that is some very obsolete thing people keep hanging on to for no
known reason).

In reality, one would think that all months should be 30 days long
because a circle is 360deg.

360 deg. What does that have to do with the year?

So a year should then be 360 days long, but
we know that would not work.... Confusing at best! So I guess we just
accept what we're told and never really try to comprehend it, unless
we're a scientist or astronomer...

That (12 * 30) would be a lot better than what we have now, but you
still can't have it perfect. There's not a whole number of days in the
year (and that fact has nothing to do with what calendar we use).

Maybe we could consider the extra 5 or 6 days to be a week to itself
(not in any month). ALL years need to start on Sunday. BTW, 2017 will.

I liked my play better. EVERY month (and EVERY year) starts on the same
day of the week.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"It cannot be too often repeated, that truth scorns the assistance of
miracle." [Robert G. Ingersoll]
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/03/2016 12:44 PM, Don Y wrote:

[snip]

(Everyone knows Jesus came down the chimney on that first XMAS bearing
GIFTS... dispatched from a sleigh pulled by reindeer... made by little
pointy eared GOBLINS...)

Christmas Carol is Santa's wife.

"People worship the god Santa who has terrible claws to kill those on
the naughty list."

--
"Clergyman. A ticket speculator outside the gates of Heaven." [H.L.
Mencken]
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/4/2016 2:47 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 01/03/2016 04:48 PM, wrote:

[snip]

I've never understood how this all works. I was taught in school WHY
it's designed as it is, but it never really made sense. For example, why
do we have 28 days in Feb, and 7 months with 31 days (and 4 with 30
days). Why didn't they just make Feb with 30 days and have two less
months which are 31 days be made to be 30 days? The leap year could
still be in Feb, where that month would then be 31 days on leap
years....

I'm not sure where all that complexity (varying month lengths comes from). My

When I was a kid, the history of the calendar was taught. For folks who
think the gummit is too intrusive, a romp though the history wrt the calendar
would be utter terror! :

Add to that religious and other cultural eccentricities and its a wonder
any two people can agree on a notion of "today"!

idea (13 28-day months) is unacceptable because 13 is female (and that is some
very obsolete thing people keep hanging on to for no known reason).

In reality, one would think that all months should be 30 days long
because a circle is 360deg.

360 deg. What does that have to do with the year?

So a year should then be 360 days long, but
we know that would not work.... Confusing at best! So I guess we just
accept what we're told and never really try to comprehend it, unless
we're a scientist or astronomer...

That (12 * 30) would be a lot better than what we have now, but you still can't
have it perfect. There's not a whole number of days in the year (and that fact
has nothing to do with what calendar we use).

Why not just treat days as julian days? I.e., today is 4; February 1 will be
32, etc. Days between dates is then a trivial calculation -- even if many
years apart!

Holidays would be just as inconvenient to remember: Independence Day would
be on the ~187th (SWAG), XMAS would be on the ~358th, etc.

Days divisible by 5 are "midweeks" and days that end in '1' are "weekends"
(you end up with roughly the same number of "workdays" in a 365 day interval).

Every 4 years (more or less) you get a bonus "clothing optional" day! :

Maybe we could consider the extra 5 or 6 days to be a week to itself (not in
any month). ALL years need to start on Sunday. BTW, 2017 will.

I liked my play better. EVERY month (and EVERY year) starts on the same day of
the week.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 04 Jan 2016 17:02:21 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

Why not just treat days as julian days? I.e., today is 4; February 1 will be
32, etc. Days between dates is then a trivial calculation -- even if many
years apart!

Holidays would be just as inconvenient to remember: Independence Day would
be on the ~187th (SWAG), XMAS would be on the ~358th, etc.

Days divisible by 5 are "midweeks" and days that end in '1' are "weekends"
(you end up with roughly the same number of "workdays" in a 365 day interval).

Every 4 years (more or less) you get a bonus "clothing optional" day! :

Not exactly. SHOES & SHIRT REQUIRED. Pants are optional.
(those signs always crack me up).

Then I've always wondered....
What if a person dont own shoes or a shirt? They cant go to a store to
buy them, because the clothing store (or Walmart) requires Shoes and
Shirt. What are they supposed to do?

I think we need to enact a new law that states: All children MUST be
born with Shoes and a Shirt already on their body, when they come out of
the womb.