Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What happens if you use a non-dimmable LED on a dimmer?

What happens if you use a non-dimmable LED on a dimmer?

Obviously you should not do this, but if someone did it, what would
happen? Would the LED simply not light unless the dimmer was on FULL
brightness, or would the LED (or maybe the dimmer) be damaged?

Just curious!

And while we're on this topic, I know that photocells often begin to
turn on a light at less than full brightness, based on the amount of
natural light at dusk. So, I'm assuming those fixtures require a
dimmable LED. correct?

What's different between Dimmable and non-dimmable LED bulbs [email protected] Home Repair 22 October 24th 15 08:08 AM
Q about dimmable CFLs vs Non-dimmable ones Ashton Crusher[_2_] Home Repair 10 November 16th 11 02:41 AM
Dimmable CFL Tony Hwang Home Repair 40 May 26th 08 10:10 PM
Converting remote controlled, dimmable, incandescent fan lights toflourescent non-dimmable SMS Home Repair 4 November 26th 05 08:38 PM
dimmable cfl's ? Ken Weitzel Electronics Repair 5 May 10th 05 02:40 AM