DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Long delay for range (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/387551-long-delay-range.html)

Ralph Mowery November 30th 15 11:04 PM

Long delay for range

Went to Lowes today to buy a range. I know they have a very small stock at
the stores. I thought it may take 3 or 4 days for them to get one. I was
told that it may take over 30 days to get a white LG range that is on sale.
Good thing we don't need one, but the wife just wanted a range with a
convection oven .

Did not think to ask the salesman, but is there that much of a delay on
other brands ? This is a small town with not too many options.

micky November 30th 15 11:39 PM

Long delay for range

On Mon, 30 Nov 2015 18:04:11 -0500, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

Went to Lowes today to buy a range. I know they have a very small stock at
the stores. I thought it may take 3 or 4 days for them to get one. I was
told that it may take over 30 days to get a white LG range that is on sale.
Good thing we don't need one, but the wife just wanted a range with a
convection oven .

Did not think to ask the salesman, but is there that much of a delay on
other brands ? This is a small town with not too many options.

Well if it's a really good sale, maybe they are running low. Just
think, there are 10 young Chinese working on your range right now. I'm
told they put your Facebook picture over the workplace, to inspire
them.

Herbert Morrison November 30th 15 11:44 PM

Long delay for range

On 11/30/2015 06:04 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
Went to Lowes today to buy a range. I know they have a very small stock at
the stores. I thought it may take 3 or 4 days for them to get one. I was
told that it may take over 30 days to get a white LG range that is on sale.
Good thing we don't need one, but the wife just wanted a range with a
convection oven .

Did not think to ask the salesman, but is there that much of a delay on
other brands ? This is a small town with not too many options.

You think 30 days is bad? Wait until you need repair parts.

Why not buy a "Made in North America" brand?

Stormin Mormon[_10_] December 1st 15 12:01 AM

Long delay for range

On 11/30/2015 6:44 PM, Herbert Morrison wrote:
On 11/30/2015 06:04 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
Went to Lowes today to buy a range. I know they have a very small

You think 30 days is bad? Wait until you need repair parts.

Why not buy a "Made in North America" brand?

Is there one? I sure hope there is.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Ralph Mowery December 1st 15 12:07 AM

Long delay for range

"Herbert Morrison" wrote in message
eb.com...

You think 30 days is bad? Wait until you need repair parts.

Why not buy a "Made in North America" brand?

I hope to never need repair parts. I bought a built in unit for a house I
lived in and then about 10 years ago I bought a range and have not needed
any repair parts. Probably will get a new range if that one fails after 10
or so years.

There are many internet places that seem to have repair parts. I should be
able to get them in less than a week.

The LG had a rating of 4.8 out of 5. It was on sale, the wife wanted that
one.

It would not surprise me if many of the North American brands have many of
the parts made out of the US.

Tony Hwang December 1st 15 12:08 AM

Long delay for range

Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 11/30/2015 6:44 PM, Herbert Morrison wrote:
On 11/30/2015 06:04 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
Went to Lowes today to buy a range. I know they have a very small

You think 30 days is bad? Wait until you need repair parts.

Why not buy a "Made in North America" brand?

Is there one? I sure hope there is.

Local store had Whirlpool convection range for 790.00CAD
on Black Friday sale.

[email protected] December 1st 15 12:15 AM

Long delay for range

wrote:

Went to Lowes today to buy a range. I know they have a very small stock at
the stores. I thought it may take 3 or 4 days for them to get one. I was
told that it may take over 30 days to get a white LG range that is on sale.
Good thing we don't need one, but the wife just wanted a range with a
convection oven .

Did not think to ask the salesman, but is there that much of a delay on
other brands ? This is a small town with not too many options.

Brick and mortar stores with products this far out are what makes
internet sales start looking attractive.

Muggles[_4_] December 1st 15 12:50 AM

Long delay for range

On 11/30/2015 5:04 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
Went to Lowes today to buy a range. I know they have a very small stock at
the stores. I thought it may take 3 or 4 days for them to get one. I was
told that it may take over 30 days to get a white LG range that is on sale.
Good thing we don't need one, but the wife just wanted a range with a
convection oven .

Did not think to ask the salesman, but is there that much of a delay on
other brands ? This is a small town with not too many options.

You could probably order it online and get it in a week.

--
Maggie

[email protected] December 1st 15 01:50 AM

Long delay for range

wrote:

Went to Lowes today to buy a range. I know they have a very small stock at
the stores. I thought it may take 3 or 4 days for them to get one. I was
told that it may take over 30 days to get a white LG range that is on sale.
Good thing we don't need one, but the wife just wanted a range with a
convection oven .

Did not think to ask the salesman, but is there that much of a delay on
other brands ? This is a small town with not too many options.

Lowes isn't an appliance store. Nor is Home Despot. They try to
convince you they are - - - .

The appliance store I usually use has a HUGE warehoouse full of
APPLIANCES. - who'd of thunk it??

[email protected] December 1st 15 01:51 AM

Long delay for range

wrote:

Went to Lowes today to buy a range. I know they have a very small stock at
the stores. I thought it may take 3 or 4 days for them to get one. I was
told that it may take over 30 days to get a white LG range that is on sale.
Good thing we don't need one, but the wife just wanted a range with a
convection oven .

Did not think to ask the salesman, but is there that much of a delay on
other brands ? This is a small town with not too many options.

Well if it's a really good sale, maybe they are running low. Just
think, there are 10 young Chinese working on your range right now. I'm
told they put your Facebook picture over the workplace, to inspire
them.

DEFINITELY not Chinese. LG is made in South Korea - and they
absolutely hate the Chinese.

[email protected] December 1st 15 01:52 AM

Long delay for range

On Mon, 30 Nov 2015 18:44:28 -0500, Herbert Morrison
wrote:

On 11/30/2015 06:04 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
Went to Lowes today to buy a range. I know they have a very small stock at
the stores. I thought it may take 3 or 4 days for them to get one. I was
told that it may take over 30 days to get a white LG range that is on sale.
Good thing we don't need one, but the wife just wanted a range with a
convection oven .

Did not think to ask the salesman, but is there that much of a delay on
other brands ? This is a small town with not too many options.

You think 30 days is bad? Wait until you need repair parts.

Why not buy a "Made in North America" brand?

Which brand? Most of the "american" brands are made anywhere BUT in
North America. When I was looking for a washer and drier the only one
available actually made in North America (not including Mexico) was a
european brand - Bosch.

[email protected] December 1st 15 01:56 AM

Long delay for range

On Mon, 30 Nov 2015 17:08:41 -0700, Tony Hwang
wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 11/30/2015 6:44 PM, Herbert Morrison wrote:
On 11/30/2015 06:04 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
Went to Lowes today to buy a range. I know they have a very small

You think 30 days is bad? Wait until you need repair parts.

Why not buy a "Made in North America" brand?

Is there one? I sure hope there is.

Local store had Whirlpool convection range for 790.00CAD
on Black Friday sale.

Made where???20% of whirlpool/maytag/Amana products are built
off-shore.

Ed Pawlowski December 1st 15 02:43 AM

Long delay for range

On 11/30/2015 6:04 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
Went to Lowes today to buy a range. I know they have a very small stock at
the stores. I thought it may take 3 or 4 days for them to get one. I was
told that it may take over 30 days to get a white LG range that is on sale.
Good thing we don't need one, but the wife just wanted a range with a
convection oven .

Did not think to ask the salesman, but is there that much of a delay on
other brands ? This is a small town with not too many options.

You may do better at a real appliance store. We have one next town over
and they beat Lowes and Home Depot on price and delivery every time.
Most appliance dealers belong to a coop and get good price and fat
delivery.

Last time I bought a washing]ng machine it was delivered two hours
later. When my freezer broke they gave a a loaner for two days until
they could get the one I wanted. Lowes won't do things like that.

Tekkie® December 1st 15 09:05 PM

Long delay for range

posted for all of us...

wrote:

Went to Lowes today to buy a range. I know they have a very small stock at
the stores. I thought it may take 3 or 4 days for them to get one. I was
told that it may take over 30 days to get a white LG range that is on sale.
Good thing we don't need one, but the wife just wanted a range with a
convection oven .

Did not think to ask the salesman, but is there that much of a delay on
other brands ? This is a small town with not too many options.

Lowes isn't an appliance store. Nor is Home Despot. They try to
convince you they are - - - .

The appliance store I usually use has a HUGE warehoouse full of
APPLIANCES. - who'd of thunk it??

They usually have cooperative warehouses so they have an in depth stock.
Local stores will deliver the next day, if needed.

--
Tekkie