Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water Heater Pilot Light -- MP4 -- 534KB

The burner went out - possilby due to high winds, don't know for sure. Anyway, after I lit the pilot light, the burner lit and then started cycling high and low flame with a bout a 2 second cycle time. After a few minutes the cycling stopped and was burning steadily. Only thing that I wonder about now is why the flame is so yellow. The heater was only off for maybe 6 hours today.

I only had a cell phone camera with me and recorded this very short video of the flame -- in case maybe that is enough to tell whether it's a safe flame or needs a pro to come take a look at it.

I couldn't find any sites where I could upload an MP4 file for free, so i posted at this binary website using the same subject as this posting.

alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 19 Nov 2015 14:44:09 -0800, "Snuffy \"Hub Cap\" McKinney"
wrote:

The burner went out - possilby due to high winds, don't know for sure. Anyway, after I lit the pilot light, the burner lit and then started cycling high and low flame with a bout a 2 second cycle time. After a few minutes the cycling stopped and was burning steadily. Only thing that I wonder about now is why the flame is so yellow. The heater was only off for maybe 6 hours today.

Is just the tip of the flame yellow or all of the flame yellow. Yellow
means the fuel is not burning efficiently. What kind of fuel?

I only had a cell phone camera with me and recorded this very short video of the flame -- in case maybe that is enough to tell whether it's a safe flame or needs a pro to come take a look at it.

I couldn't find any sites where I could upload an MP4 file for free, so i posted at this binary website using the same subject as this posting.

alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

http://tinypic.com/ allows video. (maybe short) or do a screen shot
and post a photo there with a URL back here. My NNTP server does allow
binaries.