DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   radiant flooring? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/386517-radiant-flooring.html)

Mike October 28th 15 10:18 PM

radiant flooring?

I'm getting close to laying some new flooring over existing wood
(half of the building) and rough concrete (the other have of the
building). I'm near the DFW area of Texas. I'm thinking of laying
1/2"x4'x8' rigid insulation sheets over the original floor, then
3/8"x4'x8' plywood, then vinyl flooring. The question I have at
this point is about placing PEX on the floor, 1/2" insulation between
the loops of PEX, then plywood and vinyl to help with heating the
building. The building is about 600 sq. ft.

Thoughts?

Mike

Ed Pawlowski October 28th 15 11:25 PM

radiant flooring?

On 10/28/2015 6:18 PM, Mike wrote:
I'm getting close to laying some new flooring over existing wood
(half of the building) and rough concrete (the other have of the
building). I'm near the DFW area of Texas. I'm thinking of laying
1/2"x4'x8' rigid insulation sheets over the original floor, then
3/8"x4'x8' plywood, then vinyl flooring. The question I have at
this point is about placing PEX on the floor, 1/2" insulation between
the loops of PEX, then plywood and vinyl to help with heating the
building. The building is about 600 sq. ft.

Thoughts?

Mike

Do a little research for the best methods. There is insulating board
made specifically for radiant heat. It is supposed to make it more
efficient.

http://www.warmboard.com/technical-i...tall-warmboard
http://www.amvicsystem.com/ampex
http://www.nudura.com/divisions/nudu...ries/hydrofoam