DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   would cocoon on umbrella infest house (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/386446-would-cocoon-umbrella-infest-house.html)

[email protected] October 26th 15 10:02 PM

would cocoon on umbrella infest house

Left an umbrella out to dry, found what looks like cocoon
on it, would that risk infesting my house if I bring it in.
If i left it in a bag with mothballs, first?

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm

[email protected] October 26th 15 10:07 PM

would cocoon on umbrella infest house

*+-Left an umbrella out to dry, found what looks like cocoon
*+-on it, would that risk infesting my house if I bring it in.
*+-If i left it in a bag with mothballs, first?

Reason am overreacting is neighbor had meal moths from food
infest his house a few years ago, and had to throw a lot of stuff out.

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm

philo October 26th 15 10:53 PM

On 10/26/2015 05:07 PM, wrote:
*+-Left an umbrella out to dry, found what looks like cocoon
*+-on it, would that risk infesting my house if I bring it in.
*+-If i left it in a bag with mothballs, first?

Reason am overreacting is neighbor had meal moths from food
infest his house a few years ago, and had to throw a lot of stuff out.

Assuming the cocoon is empty there is no risk or need for mothballs.

micky October 26th 15 11:12 PM

On Mon, 26 Oct 2015 17:53:37 -0500, philo wrote:

On 10/26/2015 05:07 PM, wrote:
*+-Left an umbrella out to dry, found what looks like cocoon
*+-on it, would that risk infesting my house if I bring it in.
*+-If i left it in a bag with mothballs, first?

Reason am overreacting is neighbor had meal moths from food
infest his house a few years ago, and had to throw a lot of stuff out.

Assuming the cocoon is empty there is no risk or need for mothballs.

Assuming it's not empty, why not just scrape it off while the umbrella
is outside. If you do it right, the cocoon won't get hurt and the
moth inside will fly away when he's ready, like the original plan was.
It takes days for a cocoon to finish its work, and the cocoon is not
going to open before your very eyes unless you are quite lucky. Even
then, you'll have time to take the umbrella outside, and in an hour or
two or less, the moth will be out and away.

Gordon Shumway October 27th 15 12:08 AM

would cocoon on umbrella infest house

On 10/26/2015 05:07 PM, wrote:
*+-Left an umbrella out to dry, found what looks like cocoon
*+-on it, would that risk infesting my house if I bring it in.
*+-If i left it in a bag with mothballs, first?

Reason am overreacting is neighbor had meal moths from food
infest his house a few years ago, and had to throw a lot of stuff out.

Assuming the cocoon is empty there is no risk or need for mothballs.

Assuming it's not empty, why not just scrape it off while the umbrella
is outside. If you do it right, the cocoon won't get hurt and the
moth inside will fly away when he's ready, like the original plan was.
It takes days for a cocoon to finish its work, and the cocoon is not
going to open before your very eyes unless you are quite lucky. Even
then, you'll have time to take the umbrella outside, and in an hour or
two or less, the moth will be out and away.

Seriously? Who in the hell gives a damn if the cocoon is hurt?

[email protected] October 28th 15 05:54 AM

Would racoon on umbrella infest house

YES YES and YES.

You'd have flying racoons with umbrellas landing all over the house.

This would occur on October 31, just before midnight. Most of them would
be in costume, such as Dracula, ghosts, werewolves, skeletons, spiders
Ronald McDonald, squash and pumpkins!

Are you scared yet?

You SHOULD BE!!!!
This is only a couple days from now...........

---
* FEAR EVERYTHING BEFORE IT FEARS YOU *