DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Repairing Cupped Roof Shingles (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/386305-repairing-cupped-roof-shingles.html)

Rebel1 October 21st 15 06:06 PM

Repairing Cupped Roof Shingles

Here's the problem:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/902789...posted-public/

Starting from the bottom course, my plan is to use a heat gun to soften
them until they lay flat, then put a bead of roofing cement from a caulk
gun along the bottom edge of the shingle and press it into the one below
while somehow keep weight on it for a hour or so. When I looked at the
cements in my local Ace Hardware store, none said anything about this
use. All the brands mostly mentioned sealing cracks and seams.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

R1

Colonel Edmund J. Burke[_16_] October 21st 15 06:24 PM

Repairing Cupped Roof Shingles

On 10/21/2015 10:06 AM, Rebel1 wrote:
Here's the problem:

Hire a professional to do the job right.