Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Check your HVAC surge protector -- fail reports

.... water leaks and potential failure.

- Supco SCM 60 and 150 (Sycom)

- 5-2-1 SPD 60 and 150 (CPS products)

-SYC 120/240 T2 (Sycom)

"...There have been reports of surge protector failures in the field.
Our investigation concluded that moisture can penetrate the unit
causing an electrical issue and potential failure. There is currently
no government recall of the surge protectors, but as a precaution, we
are removing and replacing all the surge protectors in question. There
is no additional cost to our customers."

http://www.onehourheatandair.com/surgereplacement

Happy landing

Surge Protector Oren[_2_] Home Repair 84 September 15th 13 08:05 AM
Whole House Surge Protector Dimitrios Paskoudniakis Home Repair 17 September 30th 09 04:11 PM
Whole house surge protector? Patch Home Repair 56 April 1st 09 04:58 PM
Surge Protector PromisedOyster Home Repair 3 April 24th 06 08:40 PM
Surge protector, roll your own Rob Mills Home Repair 14 July 15th 05 12:22 AM