DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What would cause this ? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/385073-re-what-would-cause.html)

Oren[_2_] September 22nd 15 05:24 PM

What would cause this ?

On Mon, 21 Sep 2015 18:06:46 -0400, hubops
wrote:

If you drill out the mounting holes to oversize and don't screw
them on toooo tight ... but keep it safely secured !
Maybe the connection points will slip just a little -
- enough to save the plastic from cracking .. Good luck ..
John T.

+1 I learned this (taught to me) when I installed doors, securing a
jamb in a pre hung door. The method prevents pulling material and
causing stress or binding.

Sample: _How to Drill a Shank Hole or Clearance Hole_

(dollar bill test)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvLOIxtdRyM&list=PL1szv0FP8dUthzyAv88t3sQz hxFLWMXRF