Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Extend old worn in-wall wiring

On 9/7/2015 10:23 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Monday, September 7, 2015 at 6:53:52 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I guess you and I can't agree on that. No worries,
I'm okay until it catches fire....
-
.

The tighter the connection the lower the contact resistance and the less chance that the contacts will heat up and increase the resistance causing more heat then become hotter and hotter until it finally burns up. I doubt the house will burn down if the outlet in in an approved metal or plastic box. Besides, if you burn up, I can't argue with you anymore. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Outlet Monster

I beg to differ. We've never argued. Not once, and
don't try to tell me differently, you cranky old
fart! This time, you're simply wrong. When will
you get it through your thick head, I don't argue!

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, September 8, 2015 at 6:47:56 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

Well, you can just place your lips on my hindquarters , create a vacuum then pull away smartly. So there, poopy head! o_O

[8~{} Uncle Smart Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

I don't know what brand commercial outlets you were using but I've
never had one that required excessive force to insert or remove.

I don't recall the brand, just whatever upgrade I could find at the home
centers. I think I paid $3-5 for each of them at the time.

I was really surprised how much force it took to plug something in. On more
than one occasion, my wife called me in the kitchen to plug things in for
her, or unplug something she had plugged in. We still have a few of them in
areas we don't use often, and they haven't gotten any weaker with time.

It is somewhat easier with newer appliances that have thumb grips on the
plugs. They give you something to grab hold of to remove the plug. However,
we have a couple of old appliances (like an old blender I inherited from my
mom) that just have straight plugs (no thumb grips). Those are very
difficult to unplug from the commercial sockets, there's just nothing to
hold on to.

Anthony Watson
www.watsondiy.com
www.mountainsoftware.com
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, September 8, 2015 at 11:12:27 PM UTC-5, HerHusband wrote:
[...]

I suppose I must be or used to be stronger than the average woman and never noticed the force required to insert a plug. My lady friends used to call me when they needed a refrigerator moved. I had a friend ask for help moving a 350 short block he was working on so I picked it up and carried it into the next room. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Heavy Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

True, but painful

*+-i have a 100% solution for broken wires where the box is too small and the
wires too short. install new wiring

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair