DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Peachtree window sash (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/384289-peachtree-window-sash.html)

[email protected] August 29th 15 10:25 PM

Peachtree window sash

I have a Peachtree casement window sash that is pulling apart, The sash is aluminum-clad, and I can't figure out how to take the window completely apart so I can fix it. This ought to be just like replacing the glass, if you could get the sash apart.

Anyone know how to take apart a Peachtree sash? This is a vintage mid-80's window.

thanks,
Tom

Oren[_2_] August 29th 15 11:36 PM

Peachtree window sash

On Sat, 29 Aug 2015 14:25:30 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I have a Peachtree casement window sash that is pulling apart, The sash is aluminum-clad, and I can't figure out how to take the window completely apart so I can fix it. This ought to be just like replacing the glass, if you could get the sash apart.

Anyone know how to take apart a Peachtree sash? This is a vintage mid-80's window.

thanks,
Tom

I have no clue. If you look long enough, study long enough, it may
become apparent. The sash went together so it has to come apart.

Probably not a chance of you posting a photo of the creature, with a
link to the photo back here, right? Some Google users do that, never
follow up.

[email protected] August 30th 15 11:20 PM

Peachtree window sash

Thanks for taking a look!

This is a picture from the edge: https://goo.gl/photos/PiFKauqVyU5fdLYDA I dug out what appearred to be a plug, and I hoped I would find a screw behind the plug. Can't see it in the picture, but I think I hit a piece of flat metal.

This is a picture from the face: https://goo.gl/photos/g48un1vL2E8cx6Zh9 You can see how the sash is coming apart.

Oren[_2_] August 31st 15 12:03 AM

Peachtree window sash

On Sun, 30 Aug 2015 15:20:53 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Thanks for taking a look!

This is a picture from the edge:
https://goo.gl/photos/PiFKauqVyU5fdLYDA I dug out what appearred to be a plug, and I hoped I would find a screw behind the plug. Can't see it in the picture, but I think I hit a piece of flat metal.

This is a picture from the face: https://goo.gl/photos/g48un1vL2E8cx6Zh9 You can see how the sash is coming apart.

- Tom

I have no clue. If you look long enough, study long enough, it may
become apparent. The sash went together so it has to come apart.

Probably not a chance of you posting a photo of the creature, with a
link to the photo back here, right? Some Google users do that, never
follow up.

Still hard to tell you what to do, in particular. Can't tell much
from the photos.

I suggest you look in the phone book, find a door and window glazing
shop. Take the sash to them. They can fix it and give you a better
solution and a better quality fix. Ask them for a fix that gives the
best insolating values. Double or triple panes with Argon gas and
sealed. Something that reduces UV light / heat entering the room.