Posted to alt.home.repair

Default technology changes

On Sat, 5 Sep 2015 19:36:53 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

I think you can do whatever you set your mind to do.

In that case, I want to be pregnant. I want to
be the Czar of Russia. I want to win a Olympic
gold medal for female figure skating. I want to
marry Mother Theresa of Calcutta. After being
Czar, I'd like to be the Pope for a few years.

I smell something. What are you smoking?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvwcnsydkks
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/5/2015 6:36 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 9/5/2015 6:06 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 9/5/2015 4:40 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I won't wish you "luck" because you don't need it!

Either I'm destined to remain peniless, or I'm
a natural for the job?

I think you can do whatever you set your mind to do.

In that case, I want to be pregnant. I want to
be the Czar of Russia. I want to win a Olympic
gold medal for female figure skating. I want to
marry Mother Theresa of Calcutta. After being
Czar, I'd like to be the Pope for a few years.

Well ... of course, it'll take lots of work and effort if you want to be
pregnant.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/5/2015 5:54 PM, Don Y wrote:
On 9/5/2015 3:06 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 9/5/2015 4:40 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 9/5/2015 3:30 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 9/5/2015 12:29 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
More seriously, my church is looking for a
part time custodian. Also, one of the paid
guys is retiring, he helps repair several
buildings. I'm applying for both. With my
knowledge of home repair and all.... and
with you all, here, to advise me.

I won't wish you "luck" because you don't need it!

Either I'm destined to remain peniless, or I'm
a natural for the job?

I think you can do whatever you set your mind to do.

Now that's obviously not true! I've set my mind to winning the
PowerBall lottery! Yet, haven't! One of these days, I may
actually buy a ticket...

LOL

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 5 Sep 2015 18:59:48 -0500, Muggles wrote:

Well ... of course, it'll take lots of work and effort if you want to be
pregnant.

What kind of work and effort? I'm told it can be easy.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/5/2015 7:20 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 5 Sep 2015 18:59:48 -0500, Muggles wrote:

Well ... of course, it'll take lots of work and effort if you want to be
pregnant.

What kind of work and effort? I'm told it can be easy.

He could be a first.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water Flow Detector

On Thursday, August 27, 2015 at 7:19:02 PM UTC-7, Pavel314 wrote:
I was down in the basement watering the mushrooms this evening and noticed that the water pressure (we're on a well) was a bit low. I asked my wife if she'd left the sprinkler on the garden and she had, so she went out and turned it off.

I wondered if there was some sort of device that would detect water flowing from the outside faucet and light a warning light in the house if the water were left on. Maybe something that fits onto the faucet with the hose connecting to the detector gizmo. Flowing water would lower the pressure in the line and flip a switch to turn on the light.

Has anyone heard of such a thing?

Paul

Bit late here but...I wanted a light upstairs to tell me when the pump comes on. the fix-it guy rigged up a LED light. Wired it into the pressure switch line leading to the pump controller. First attmep didn't work, light stayed lit. He has me on the list to returen and wire it to spare terminals in the pressure switch itself...or I might do it. Getting a bit old and rather pay others to do 'stuff'.

Harry K