DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Rigid insulation board _with_ fire rating?? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/384069-rigid-insulation-board-_with_-fire-rating.html)

[email protected] August 24th 15 06:09 AM

Rigid insulation board _with_ fire rating??

Hi,
I need to insulate a cold (utility) room/closet in my basement. It has the house water pump and pressure tank inside, and nothing else. Is there any rigid insulation board _with_ a fire rating that I can put directly on the cinderblock walls? It's a tight space and I can't build a stud and drywall assembly (for fire rating) as it'll take up too much room. I don't want to insulate the exterior as my neighors all have had termites and carpenter ants, and don't want to provide a habitat for them near my house.

I've read about Thermax, and Roxul rigid boards, but can't seem to find anywhere in stores (I'm located near New York City). Many thanks for all recommenations.

Theodore.

Ed Pawlowski August 24th 15 11:03 AM

On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 22:09:27 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Hi,
I need to insulate a cold (utility) room/closet in my basement. It has the house water pump and pressure tank inside, and nothing else. Is there any rigid insulation board _with_ a fire rating that I can put directly on the cinderblock walls? It's a tight space and I can't build a stud and drywall assembly (for fire rating) as it'll take up too much room. I don't want to insulate the exterior as my neighors all have had termites and carpenter ants, and don't want to provide a habitat for them near my house.

I've read about Thermax, and Roxul rigid boards, but can't seem to find anywhere in stores (I'm located near New York City). Many thanks for all recommenations.

Theodore.

I don't know of any that do not required a sheetrock covering. They do
have fire retardant properties, but code still says you have to cover.
A simple setup without needing framing is
www.insofast.com You glued
the panels in place and screw the sheetrock right to the interior
studs in the material. I did my foundation wall with it.

Oren[_2_] August 24th 15 05:16 PM

Rigid insulation board _with_ fire rating??

On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 22:09:27 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Hi,
I need to insulate a cold (utility) room/closet in my basement. It has the house water pump and pressure tank inside, and nothing else. Is there any rigid insulation board _with_ a fire rating that I can put directly on the cinderblock walls? It's a tight space and I can't build a stud and drywall assembly (for fire rating) as it'll take up too much room. I don't want to insulate the exterior as my neighors all have had termites and carpenter ants, and don't want to provide a habitat for them near my house.

I've read about Thermax, and Roxul rigid boards, but can't seem to find anywhere in stores (I'm located near New York City). Many thanks for all recommenations.

Theodore.

http://www.roxul.com/home

Check the dealer location by putting in your address.

Bob F August 24th 15 10:08 PM

http://www.roxul.com/products/commer...roxul+firewall