Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The cellphone paradox - where are all the accidents?

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

What about someone like me who want's to work but can't. I worked my ass off all my life and now I can't walk. Both my knees and shoulders are fraked up. Does this mean that I can't vote? I get mad about able bodied people who can work but won't because they're too busy playing the system. It's not just Negroes, I know a lot of CTW, Caucasian Toxic Waste who are making a living off all the government handouts. I've seen them use most of the money

from their disability check to buy crack cocaine. I've seen them sell their EBT credits to get cash to buy cigarettes, booze and illegal drugs. Some of them have grown up as wards of the state living off the government and had never had a job. Why should they? It has nothing to do with the color of their skin, it has to do with the lack of content of their character. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Angry Monster

Hey UNC get an absentee ballot. That's what I do. In fact they have
permanent ones for disabled blokes like me.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/27/2015 1:43 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
(PeteCresswell) posted for all of us...

OTOH, I know somebody who is a cop in a major Eastern city and he says
that voter fraud is rampant.

"You pays your money and you takes your choice."

It is evident when more people vote in their districts than there are
residents-registered or not.

Then that should be *really* easy to call up after-the-fact and
audit! Can you point to all those headlines?? (And, subsequent
investigation *proving* the fraud?)

Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair

Default Left Foot Braking

JR ) writes:
On Wednesday, August 26, 2015 at 11:48:09 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 08/26/2015 03:50 PM, M.A. Stewart wrote:

If 'Brockie' was driving FAST at Bathurst, in a front wheel
drive car, with a manual transmission... he would have been
'left foot braking' at times! 100% guaranteed!

Only if he never mastered heel-and-toe...

Brockie had 'heel-and-toe' mastered when he was a nine-year old. The
first front-wheel drive car he drove FAST, he had 'left foot braking'
mastered in about nine minutes. Hell, when he got out the car he
was probably speaking fluent Finnish, without a trace of an Oz accent.

And then somebody invented the Hill Holder device for cars and trucks.

--
"Brockie's my hero" The Holden hoons credo.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 26 Aug 2015 08:42:09 -0400, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

Per Ashton Crusher:
What other baggage does he have...

The baggage I was referring to is small contractors who were ruined
after they did jobs for him and then were told flat-out "I'm not paying
you".

OTOH, the fact that it is common knowledge among contractors in Atlantic
City does not make it true.... but if it is, and the opposition trots
out a few of those guys on national TV...

That's it? can you point me to some reports on this so I can see the
complete context of what you are talking about.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The baggage paradox - where are all the perfects?

On Wed, 26 Aug 2015 08:56:20 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 8/25/2015 3:37 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/25/2015 12:34 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
But I think Trump has excess baggage compared to Reagan - or just about
anybody else, for that matter.

But did he inhale?
Many people know Trump has lots of baggage, but they seem to be willing
to ignore it, at least so far. His loyalist won't care, they have to
scare some of the other voters.

For me, I don't much care what a person's baggage. The
people I've known well enough to open up, everyone has
some thing s/he is ashamed. In many cases, it's a part
of growing up. In some cases, people are misguided,
crappy parenting, periods of depression and desperation.

What I care about elected officials is honor, and working
within the US laws and constitution.

Hey, is anyone on the ticket a seal clubbing, woman hating
spigot who is also a bigot and pushed granny off the cliff
in her wheel chair, feeds oldies dog food, spends his off
hours molesting little boys and watching old Lassie
episodes, so I can vote for someone with some thing in
common with me?

-

Don't try and make yourself look good now.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 25 Aug 2015 19:50:54 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

On 8/25/2015 7:30 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:

You are just in overdrive looking for ways to justify voting for the
same old ****e politicians that have a consistent record of failure
rather than vote for the one guy who has been a success in virtually
everything he's done.

Hey, BOZO! You have no idea what my current past or future voting
record is, has been or will be. I'm making a point. I can just
as easily argue the other side! (could *you*? Or, would it turn your
stomach to even *consider* there might be an "other side"?)

I can just as easily claim you're a fat, old, lazy white man who is
upset that the world isn't the way it was in 1950. Grumbling about
all the lazy blacks, latinos, jews, asians, gays, women, kids, etc.

Conservative: someone with both feet planted *firmly* in the PAST!

If you want to be a Trump fan-boi, so be it. Why not fill out your ballot
*now* and tune out of the process for the next 18 months? Do something
productive with your life, eh? Hey! Why not volunteer to be one of
Trump's legions!!! I'm sure he'll appreciate the free labor!

So now you are saying all the stuff you posted was just made up for
effect. Good to know.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 27 Aug 2015 13:19:24 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

On 8/27/2015 12:48 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
Don Y posted for all of us...

Until you can put in place a BINDING PLEDGE that can be applied to
politicians, what they say has absolutely nothing to do with
what you *get*!

"I, _________, pledge that I will do the following. In the event
that I fail to get this done (regardless of whether its MY fault
or someone else's fault), my term of office will immediately
expire -- with no further action on my part!"

Is Trump arrogant enough to make such a binding statement? About
*anything* he's claimed he'd "do"? Or, will he get mealy mouthed
when/if he gets elected and blame it on "That Damn Congress",
"Those Bozos in the Black Robes", "unforeseen events elsewhere
in the world", etc.?

None of the candidates could do this. How could one tell what another one is
going to do? To many factions working against each other.

Exactly. Yet they all (esp Trump, Perot types) beat their chests
AS IF they are really going to "get 'er done". And, folks *buy*
this BS.

*I* stand as much a chance of getting it done as *they* do! And,
I've got far less "Washington insider" (even those who claim NOT
to be "insiders" have already been tainted by serving elsewhere
*or* paying the way of those who did!). Yet, I'm not foolish
(nor arrogant!) enough to make the claim (or innuendo) that I
could get any of these things "done".

We have a local politician that made the (then new) "garbage fee" the
centerpiece of her campaign. "Vote for me and I'll repeal the
garbage fee!"

Lo and behold, she's elected. And, not surprisingly, comes to the
"realization" that the fee is required to get the books to balance
(otherwise, we'll have to raise some OTHER tax). But, her flip-flop
isn't *her* fault -- despite the fact that it is exactly the opposite
outcome than the one she campaigned on!

[No consequences]

She obviously didn't know what she was getting into.

Exactly. She found something that got an emotional response from
the voters. Rode that into office. Then, realized that The Reality
was a lot harder to deal with than the Campaign Rhetoric.
"But, I was elected so I'll server my term..." (boo hoo)

How about *real* term limits? In order to serve in the federal
government, you need a WORK VISA for Washington, DC. (even
"staffers", K street lobbyists, etc.)

WORK VISAS are issued for a maximum, nonrenewable period of 8 years.
I.e., after sucking on the public teat for 8 years (directly or
indirectly), you need to go find REAL employment.

Or, better yet, immediately are enlisted in the military as
an infantryman -- regardless of age or gender. :

There are term limits. Every election. Most sheeple don't care after they
elect someone. They don't pay attention any more. Only if the critters get
caught with their hand in the cookie jar. Ask most voters about incumbents
and the answer will most likely be: They are doing a good job.

People think *their* official is doing a good job. It's the other 532
bozos on the bus that they blame for all the problems! Yet, few folks
can even *point* to anything that their officials have "done". Or,
even tell you how many votes they *missed*!

If you are referring to federal workers then this is way out of bounds.
People (I will use Oren here as an example w/o permission) just do their
jobs within the limitations of the system. It is like working privately; you
will have workers and bosses across the spectrum of capability. Deal with
it. They just want a job to survive and have a respectable life with their
families.

If you are referring to staffers then they go in & out with electees.

If you are referring to drones and lobbyists then who is in control? My

You need a broad brush that regularly sweeps things out. *Risk* losing
some of the good with ALL of the bad!

frame of reference is the VA for this. Yet another story this morning about
vets being ignored, I forget where. I had high hopes for this person whom
was supposed to fix it. He is another appointee of this do nothing
administration to plug the publicly hole and hasn't done crap for vets. What
exactly happened to improve conditions for our vets? Name them. When I see
the non-profits dissolve because they are no longer needed then maybe we
will see progress. Christ, there are so many of these that it is hard for me
to chose where to leave my legacy. The vets gave it all so I can rant about
this!

Yet we hear the likes of McCain claiming "nothing is too good for our vets".
But, besides the rhetoric, what's being *done*? Gee, a guy with his
stature and he can't promote change??? What's he wasting his time
working on? More "party planks"??

I want politicians to be responsible to the local voters that elected them.
Not some devious party agenda. I check their voting record and write to them
to express my opinions asking where they are going with current issues.

I've not voted *for* anyone since I reached majority. Instead, I vote
*against* people. Unfortunately, I can only vote against "all but one".
Hence the idea of "None of the above" being used as "NONE of these people
can be allowed to hold this office" instead of "I don't like any of them".

So when you hold your nose will you be voting for Hillary or Jeb?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 25 Aug 2015 22:47:20 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 8/25/2015 10:13 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:

In the Atlantic City area I think there are enough former small
contractors who were ruined when they did jobs for Trump and then Trump
simply told them flat-out "I'm not going to pay you, period...." that
trotting them out on national TV would, IMHO, make whatever electablity
he may have plummet.

Maybe you don't understand how bankruptcy works. When a company goes
bankrupt it means they don't have the money to pay their bills.

That does not mean no one gets paid anything. Various chapters outline
the situation. In some cases, creditors will get a portion of what is
owed over a time period to be determined.

In other cases they get 100% Companies have gone bankrupt when faced
with high future liabilities, such as when asbestos lawsuits started.

Yes, and the JUDGE decides who gets the money, not TRUMP. Yet some
people are bashing Trump because he didn't go around the bankruptcy
court and make payments to people. If he did so he probably would
have been sued by someone he DIDN'T go around back and pay.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 26 Aug 2015 08:28:46 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 8/25/2015 12:34 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
In the Atlantic City area I think there are enough former small
contractors who were ruined when they did jobs for Trump and then Trump
simply told them flat-out "I'm not going to pay you, period...." that
trotting them out on national TV would, IMHO, make whatever electablity
he may have plummet.

There was a caller on Rush Limbaugh, yesterday (Aug 25, 2015)
who said he did some work for D. Trump. $85,000 worth of
work, actualy. He wrote toask to get paid (can't remember
the cicumstances) and two days later had a fedex envelope
from D. Trump with the check for the full 85K, singened by
D. Trump himself. So, this one anecdotal evidence is that
D. Trump did pay the bill, in this one case, if the caller
is for real.

I can't speak for Trumps jobs but for the contractors I've know about,
many of them go to great pains to avoid paying their bills till the
last possible minute. It's entirely possible trump's company was PART
of a consortium on some project that was delaying payments. The
longer you delay paying the longer you earn interest/or the shorter
time you have to borrow on the construction loan. To think Trump can
know which bills are paid and which aren't for the thousands and
thousands of contractors and subcontractors on all his projects is to
imagine he is a superman. People love to hate rich famous people and
with Trump's ego he's a big target. I don't think Trump has any
interest in screwing people out of money they are due and it's good to
hear this story. There's a lot of "personal" in the contracting
business, everyone knows everyone, a true deadbeat will probably not
be around for long.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

It's intended for folks who are *so* convinced they have The Right
Answer to BACKUP their answer. With something more than "he's yet
proven himself to be AS BAD AS the others".

[I make the same arguments to folks arguing from the "Left". If
you're so *sure*, convince me -- with something more than "well,
he's none of the above!"]

Assume you have need of a surgeon. Damn near every surgeon who's
got ANY experience has probably got some "bad history"... some
surgery that went badly, some malpractice lawsuit, etc.

Your argument is that you should select the surgeon with NO
experience to do your surgery -- at least he isn't KNOWN to
have had any bad outcomes!

[Would you *really* make that sort of decision in that way??
Yet, you'd select the leader of The Free World] with that sort
of cavalier reasoning??]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 26 Aug 2015 09:03:06 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 8/25/2015 3:43 PM, Don Y wrote:

Where's the outrage over the number of US citizens who can't name
the three branches of government? Or tell you how many members
in each chamber? How they are elected? Describe the electoral college
and its role in presidential elections? Enumerate the rules of
succession? List the Bill of Rights?

Does running a country equate to running a FOR PROFIT business? What
will his guiding principle be: maximize PROFITS (i.e., collect more
in taxes than spend on services?)

I'm amazed at the number of people who think the President
"runs the country". He's an elected representative, with
certain powers delegated by the Constitution. It's been a
lot of years since I read those powers, sadly so. I should
review those one of these days. But, anyone who says the
President "runs the country" has lost credibility with me.

-

Well, the president does RUN the gvt. And the gvt controls a huge
part of the national economy. And teh president has lawyers on staff
who can 'research' the law and come up with all sorts of legal
justifications for the president to have all sorts of powers to
dictate this that and the other thing shall be done this that and the
other way. So yes, in many ways the president DOES run the country.
The president, thru the EPA is going to make YOUR electric bill go up
and that extra cost YOU will pay will produce zero value, it will just
be that his decisions will have increased the cost of producing
energy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/27/2015 7:16 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:

I want politicians to be responsible to the local voters that elected them.
Not some devious party agenda. I check their voting record and write to them
to express my opinions asking where they are going with current issues.

I've not voted *for* anyone since I reached majority. Instead, I vote
*against* people. Unfortunately, I can only vote against "all but one".
Hence the idea of "None of the above" being used as "NONE of these people
can be allowed to hold this office" instead of "I don't like any of them".

So when you hold your nose will you be voting for Hillary or Jeb?

How I cast my vote wouldn't be any of your business! That's why it's
called a SECRET BALLOT. Frankly, spouting off your bias suggests
an uncertainty on your part -- as if you need to get others to
share your belief lest it be *wrong*!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 27, 2015 at 3:48:06 PM UTC-5, Tekkie® wrote:
[...]

Here at the nursing home, they pass out Absent Minded Ballots. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Demented Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/27/2015 10:11 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:
On Wed, 26 Aug 2015 08:56:20 -0400, Stormin Mormon
What I care about elected officials is honor, and working
within the US laws and constitution.

Hey, is anyone on the ticket a seal clubbing, woman hating
spigot who is also a bigot and pushed granny off the cliff
in her wheel chair, feeds oldies dog food, spends his off
hours molesting little boys and watching old Lassie
episodes, so I can vote for someone with some thing in
common with me?

-

Don't try and make yourself look good now.

Don't **** me off, or I'll go vote Republican a couple
dozen times.......

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/27/2015 10:36 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:
[...]

Back in the lost credibility bin with you.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Ashton Crusher:

That's it? can you point me to some reports on this so I can see the
complete context of what you are talking about.

Yep and nope..... it's strictly from conversations with guys in the
trade that I know.
--
Pete Cresswell

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The election paradox - where are all the accidents?

On 8/29/2015 12:38 AM, Ashton Crusher wrote:
informed vote? Do you want your leaders elected by a bunch of people
who know nothing?

Do you want the electorate thinking that our elected
representatives are leaders? There is a big difference,
and I'd rather have elected reps. *I* and other voters
are the leaders in this Republic. BTW, it's not a
democracy.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/29/2015 12:39 AM, Ashton Crusher wrote:
On Fri, 28 Aug 2015 09:31:28 -0400, Stormin Mormon
Well, the president does RUN the gvt. And the gvt controls a huge
part of the national economy. And teh president has lawyers on staff
who can 'research' the law and come up with all sorts of legal
justifications for the president to have all sorts of powers to
dictate this that and the other thing shall be done this that and the
other way. So yes, in many ways the president DOES run the country.
The president, thru the EPA is going to make YOUR electric bill go up
and that extra cost YOU will pay will produce zero value, it will just
be that his decisions will have increased the cost of producing
energy.

Back in the lost credibility bin with you.

You must be mental.

Actually, it's been a long time since I read that
section of the Constitution. but, the Prez does NOT
run the government.

You follow that up with a personal insult, which
puts you both in the lost credibility and also in
the bozo bin. Bye.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Don Y posted for all of us...

On 8/27/2015 1:43 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
(PeteCresswell) posted for all of us...

OTOH, I know somebody who is a cop in a major Eastern city and he says
that voter fraud is rampant.

"You pays your money and you takes your choice."

It is evident when more people vote in their districts than there are
residents-registered or not.

Then that should be *really* easy to call up after-the-fact and
audit! Can you point to all those headlines?? (And, subsequent
investigation *proving* the fraud?)

As I've stated here before, I am not doing your research for you.

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

It happened during the last two Presidential elections and the Commiecrats want to keep it that way because dumbasses are easily manipulated by propaganda, looks and emotion. A gal me and my brother know told us she voted for Bill Clinton because she didn't like Bob Dole's looks. Unfortunately, most women vote for a man based on his appearance. I'm not sure about the women they vote for but the majority of Democrat women holding public office are

butt ugly. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Pretty Monster

That means I am a shoo-in! Err screwup Err landslide loser.

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/29/2015 1:55 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
Don Y posted for all of us...

On 8/27/2015 1:43 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
(PeteCresswell) posted for all of us...

OTOH, I know somebody who is a cop in a major Eastern city and he says
that voter fraud is rampant.

"You pays your money and you takes your choice."

It is evident when more people vote in their districts than there are
residents-registered or not.

Then that should be *really* easy to call up after-the-fact and
audit! Can you point to all those headlines?? (And, subsequent
investigation *proving* the fraud?)

As I've stated here before, I am not doing your research for you.

I'd expect the folks making the unsubtantiated *claims* to post their
research/proof/supporting evidence.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Tekkie®:
I've seen them use most of the
money from their disability check to buy crack cocaine.
I've seen them sell their EBT credits to get cash to buy cigarettes,
booze and illegal drugs. Some of them have grown up as wards of the
state living off the government and had never had a job. Why should
they? It has nothing to do with the color of their skin, it has to do
with the lack of content of their character

Addiction is also a big player. A close family member was nine years
old when WW II ended and observes that, in the ruins of Europe where
people were starving, coffee and cigarettes were among the most
sought-after commodities.
--
Pete Cresswell