DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Scams R us (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/383614-re-scams-r-us.html)

Edmund J. Burke[_3_] July 28th 15 03:39 PM

Scams R us

wrote in message

Well, this is a new one:
----8----
Hi Jonathan,
Thank you for your recent job application for the position of Elected Member
through the Vertifi Group network.
More and more employers are prioritising verified CVs.
Give yourself the best chance of getting to the top of the shortlist.
dodgy linkGet your CV verified./dodgy link
----8----

Eh? Job application for "elected member"? That's called an election.

What they'll have done is scrape my CV off the web somewhere and pulled out
"elected member" from my work history from 16 years ago. Spam back an email
bamboozling the job-seeker into thinking they're being considered for a job
similar to their work history.

Wonder why they don't use a more recent job from my CV. "You're being
considered for a job you did 16 years ago!" doesn't strike me as a very
profitable recruitment technique to hide behind.

They can't have scraped it from my website as my email address on my CV
there is an image, not text, so they must be scraping the recruitment sites
I'm registered with.

Fusk yer CV, you ignorant ****!
LOL