Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Walmart won't makes Confederate flag cake but makes ISIS flag cake

http://video.foxnews.com/v/432875305...#sp=show-clips

http://preview.tinyurl.com/oe7p9tz
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.legal,uk.rec.driving

"Gordon Shumway" wrote in message
news

http://video.foxnews.com/v/432875305...#sp=show-clips

http://preview.tinyurl.com/oe7p9tz

Take that preview stuff and kram it up yer kaboose.
LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 16:40:50 -0500, Gordon Shumway
wrote:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/432875305...#sp=show-clips

Very interesting subject line, but look at the text in the url. Very
different story, isn't it?

http://preview.tinyurl.com/oe7p9tz

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/432875305...#sp=show-clips

Very interesting subject line, but look at the text in the url. Very
different story, isn't it?

http://preview.tinyurl.com/oe7p9tz

Oh, crap. I pasted the wrong URL.

Here's the right one.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/432822800...#sp=show-clips
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/432875305...#sp=show-clips

http://preview.tinyurl.com/oe7p9tz

Instead of complaining that your url was no good, it occurred to me I
could just google on the subject line.

The first hit was Walmart apologizing for doing this. I havent' read
the story yet but it was probably some 22-year old pastry clerk, who has
knows what band is playing at what stock car race but has no idea who
ISIS is. Or at least no idea what their flag looks like. I have no
idea what their flag looks like either.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/walma...ry?id=32103721

Sure enough, the inscription was in Arabic. Who can read that? Not the
clerk at Walmart.

All in all, pretty funny.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/432875305...#sp=show-clips

http://preview.tinyurl.com/oe7p9tz

Instead of complaining that your url was no good, it occurred to me I
could just google on the subject line.

The first hit was Walmart apologizing for doing this. I havent' read
the story yet but it was probably some 22-year old pastry clerk, who has
knows what band is playing at what stock car race but has no idea who
ISIS is. Or at least no idea what their flag looks like. I have no
idea what their flag looks like either.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/walma...ry?id=32103721

Sure enough, the inscription was in Arabic. Who can read that? Not the
clerk at Walmart.

All in all, pretty funny.

A good example of "The Dumbassification Of America". Why didn't baker, who probably has a smart phone, take a picture and search the web. The queers are after bakers who refuse to bake same-sex wedding cakes, why not Southerners get together and file class action suits against those companies which decided to remove the Confederate battle flag from their inventory. It would be one heck of a civil rights suit showing that White folks have rights too. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Flag Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/432875305...#sp=show-clips

http://preview.tinyurl.com/oe7p9tz

Instead of complaining that your url was no good, it occurred to me I
could just google on the subject line.

The first hit was Walmart apologizing for doing this. I havent' read
the story yet but it was probably some 22-year old pastry clerk, who has
knows what band is playing at what stock car race but has no idea who
ISIS is. Or at least no idea what their flag looks like. I have no
idea what their flag looks like either.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/walma...ry?id=32103721

Sure enough, the inscription was in Arabic. Who can read that? Not the
clerk at Walmart.

All in all, pretty funny.

A good example of "The Dumbassification Of America". Why didn't baker, who probably has a smart phone, take a picture and search the web.

Are you serious? That's ridiculous.

The queers are after bakers who refuse to bake same-sex wedding cakes, why not Southerners get together and file class action suits against those companies which decided to remove the Confederate battle flag from their inventory. It would be one heck of a civil rights suit showing that White folks have rights too. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Flag Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Suggesting some minimum wage Walmart employee should search the web
may be a stretch, but "The Dumbassification Of America" is right on
point. With all of the turmoil in the land of the camel jockeys one
would have to be a total hermit to not know what that flag represents.

The queers are after bakers who refuse to bake same-sex wedding cakes, why not Southerners get together and file class action suits against those companies which decided to remove the Confederate battle flag from their inventory. It would be one heck of a civil rights suit showing that White folks have rights too. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Flag Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Why? Would that not be SOP for a company that's so worried about Political Correctness. I imagine there is now a new directive for all the Walmart bakeries to be careful to check all images before putting one on a cake. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Cake Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 21:57:27 -0500, Gordon Shumway
wrote:
Suggesting some minimum wage Walmart employee
should search the web may be a stretch, but "The
Dumbassification Of America" is right on point. With
all of the turmoil in the land of the camel jockeys one
would have to be a total hermit to not know what
that flag represents.

It depends on who you ask.

I've always called it the Rebel flag. I have both rebel and union
blood in me. My ancestors were on both sides of the fight. I didn't
participate, but the Rebel flag is still a part of this countries
history and part of my heritage, too, and I'm no more ashamed of it
than I am of the stars and stripes. When I see the Rebel flag I'm
reminded of my heritage and history and of people who fought for what
they believed in regardless of which side they were on.

Imo, we're all rebels when we speak up for what we believe, and I
don't think it's right to stop selling the Rebel flag because some
criminal did something stupid.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article
,

wrote:
[...]

I keep imagining a small, but not insignificant group of nazi's in
Germany using these very same words about flying their flag
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, June 29, 2015 at 11:35:42 PM UTC-5, Malcom Mal Reynolds wrote:
In article
,

wrote:
[...]

I knew it! Some Tran-Intelligent Progressive Liberal Leftist Commiecrat Freak was going to bring up the Nazis. You moon bats are so predictable. snicker

[8~{} Uncle Perceptive Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I'm not so sure it's that ridiculous. When you start sensoring the
confederate flag, presumably you have some governing standards and
there must be more than just the confederate flag that gets censored.
If Walmart has some policy, then they should have a list of what
they won't put on a cake and the confederate flag should not be
the only thing on it. And you would expect that the ISIS flag would be.
Apparently though, either they really have no governing standards
or the ISIS flag isn't on it. Neither of which reflects well on Walmart.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Apparently 40% of blacks living in SC agree with you, they have no
problem with the confederate flag either. Leading you to wonder,
who the real racists are. Those like you who look at the
confederate flag and see southern pride, bravery, etc, or the
libs and black agitators who look at it and see racism, even in
things like a Duke of Hazards car with the flag on the roof?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 21:35:37 -0700, Malcom Mal Reynolds
wrote:
Imo, we're all rebels when we speak up for what we
believe, and I

*I keep imagining* a small, but not insignificant
group of nazi's in Germany using these very same
words about flying their flag

It doesn't take much imagination to use the genetic default 'nazi'
this or that response. Next time maybe you could think it thru and
post an original well thought out post.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/29/2015 10:35 PM, Malcom Mal Reynolds wrote:
I keep imagining a small, but not insignificant group of nazi's in
Germany using these very same words about flying their flag

In Germany some locals have banned Thor Steinar clothing because the
logo makes them uncomfortable. Even New Balance athletic shoes are
suspect because they have a N on them.

Maybe the SPLC can jump in now that the idiots are on a roll. They have
long considered Woody Woodpecker, Celtic crosses, and a variety of other
things to be racist symbols.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 00:30:10 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:
I keep imagining a small, but not insignificant group of nazi's

in
Germany using these very same words about flying their flag

I knew it! Some Tran-Intelligent Progressive Liberal Leftist

Commiecrat Freak was going to bring up the Nazis. You moon bats are
so predictable. snicker

Moonbats! LOL

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 10:00:42 AM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
On 06/29/2015 10:35 PM, Malcom Mal Reynolds wrote:
I keep imagining a small, but not insignificant group of nazi's in
Germany using these very same words about flying their flag

In Germany some locals have banned Thor Steinar clothing because the
logo makes them uncomfortable. Even New Balance athletic shoes are
suspect because they have a N on them.

Maybe the SPLC can jump in now that the idiots are on a roll. They have
long considered Woody Woodpecker, Celtic crosses, and a variety of other
things to be racist symbols.

Walmart in issuing their ban stated that they didn't want to have
anything in their stores that made anyone feel uncomfortable.
Really? My thoughts immediately went to your examples above.
What about all the clothes made in Vietnam and India by teens
making $2 a day? That makes some people uncomfortable.
What about the cans of tuna that **** off the
folks over dolphins winding up killed? What about the chicken
they sell and PETA? And how about the employees that they
pay minimum wage, that makes some people uncomfortable.
The list is endless.

And as I pointed out in another recent post, it looks like they
don't even have a list. And if they do, they should put it up
on the web so we can all know.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 06:41:41 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:
Imo, we're all rebels when we speak up for what we
believe, and I don't think it's right to stop selling the
Rebel flag because some criminal did something
stupid.

Apparently 40% of blacks living in SC agree with you,
they have no problem with the confederate flag
either. Leading you to wonder,
who the real racists are.

These days if you recognize the fact that people come from different
races you get called a racist. There's no hate attached to
acknowledging race. It's the people who hate anyone who's different
from themselves that feed the idea of racism. I think it's a
mistake to make it politically incorrect to even talk about race.

Those like you who look at the confederate flag and
see southern pride, bravery, etc, or the libs and black
agitators who look at it and see racism, even in
things like a Duke of Hazards car with the flag on the
roof?

Libs say they believe in free speech, but only if you agree with them.

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/29/2015 10:40 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

A good example of "The Dumbassification Of America". Why didn't baker, who probably has a smart phone, take a picture and search the web.

[8~{} Uncle Flag Monster

You have high expectations from a $7.25/hour clerk.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article
,

wrote:
Imo, we're all rebels when we speak up for what we
believe, and I

*I keep imagining* a small, but not insignificant
group of nazi's in Germany using these very same
words about flying their flag

It doesn't take much imagination to use the genetic default 'nazi'
this or that response. Next time maybe you could think it thru and
post an original well thought out post.

you have such a strange way of admitting I was right
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 10:55:42 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 6/29/2015 10:40 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

A good example of "The Dumbassification Of America". Why didn't baker, who probably has a smart phone, take a picture and search the web.

[8~{} Uncle Flag Monster

You have high expectations from a $7.25/hour clerk.

Have you noticed that kids these days always have their attention fixed on a smartass phone. They take pictures all the time and send them all over. I'm betting Walmart now has a new policy in place on what images are allowed on cakes. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle ISIS Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/30/2015 12:22 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Have you noticed that kids these days always have their attention fixed on a smartass phone. They take pictures all the time and send them all over. I'm betting Walmart now has a new policy in place on what images are allowed on cakes. ^_^

Wonder if they can do Kim Kardashian's ass?

On a related note, Joie Chitwood at Daytona Speedway announced a flag
exchange. Trade in your tired old stars and bars for a hopey changey
rainbow model.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Imo, we're all rebels when we speak up for what we
believe, and I

*I keep imagining* a small, but not insignificant
group of nazi's in Germany using these very same
words about flying their flag

It doesn't take much imagination to use the genetic default 'nazi'
this or that response. Next time maybe you could think it thru and
post an original well thought out post.

--
Maggie

Malcontent Reynolds believes that people who want to keep their Confederate battle flags want to take over the world just like Nazis. He/she/it has a fantasy about racist White people taking over North and South America then rounding up all the non-White people to put them in concentration camps where they will be gassed and cremated. The moon bat also supports gun control but will never acknowledge that the language in gun control laws was borrowed from the Nazis.(yes, it was translated into English) Sheesh! O_o

[8~{} Uncle Nazi Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/1/2015 1:54 AM, rbowman wrote:
On a related note, Joie Chitwood at Daytona Speedway announced a flag
exchange. Trade in your tired old stars and bars for a hopey changey
rainbow model.

Amazing, how much the nation has slid into the pit
of sin, in the last few years. What's next, gay
marriage?

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 23:55:12 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:
It doesn't take much imagination to use the genetic
default 'nazi' this or that response. Next time
maybe you could think it thru and post an original
well thought out post.

Malcontent Reynolds believes that people who want
to keep their Confederate battle flags want to take
over the world just like Nazis.

I think most ppl who want to keep that flag just love to say 'the
south shall rise again' in their southern drawl. It's like a symbol
of southern culture. That's another reason why I love that flag.

He/she/it has a fantasy about racist White people
taking over North and South America then rounding
up all the non-White people to put them in
concentration camps where they will be gassed and
cremated.

It's sad to think some ppl don't understand that it's our differences
that make life interesting and worth living.

The moon bat also supports gun control but will
never acknowledge that the language in gun control
laws was borrowed from the Nazis.(yes, it was
translated into English) Sheesh! O_o

Oops!

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
rbowman wrote:

On a related note, Joie Chitwood at Daytona Speedway announced a flag
exchange. Trade in your tired old stars and bars for a hopey changey
rainbow model.

Seriously? Given that crowd? I would have gone with exchange for a
flag of your favorite driver.
--
³Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive,
but what they conceal is vital.²
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/1/2015 8:48 AM, trader_4 wrote:

The most interesting thing I saw post decision that got little
attention was the Texas attorney general telling clerks in the
state that they still don't have to issue marriage licenses if
they personally object to gay marriage. Hard to imagine that he
did that without checking with Rick Perry. More likely, Perry
told him to do it, precisely to try to get more votes from the
religious hardliners. We'll see where that goes, obviously it's
a total waste of time and money, because they will quickly have
court orders telling them they can't do that. I wonder what's
next, Perry blocking the door, like George Wallace?

My guess is the AG wants the good publicity he gets amongst fellow
evangelicals. If he gets his name in the paper enough he will win the
next governor election. Perry wants to be President.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, July 1, 2015 at 9:48:39 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

My guess is the AG wants the good publicity he gets amongst fellow
evangelicals. If he gets his name in the paper enough he will win the
next governor election. Perry wants to be President.

Your mention of election made me think. I was assuming that
the attorney general in TX is appointed and works for Perry,
like here in NJ. But some states, it's an elected position
and that's the case in TX. So, I think you're right, the AG
is probably doing it on his own, for his own reasons, and I
take back what I said about Perry being involved.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 1 Jul 2015 03:52:30 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:
Quotes from my queer friends, "You are so
hopelessly straight.", "I'm not Gay, I'm happy. What are you?" ^_^

I have this giant umbrella that is the colors of the rainbow.
No-one has asked me, but I just like the pretty colors. I want
rainbows to represent RAINBOWS, not some weird pride movement.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 1 Jul 2015 05:48:17 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:
I don't see gays pushing their sexual preference on
everyone else.

Either you accept their perception that it's normal to be gay or they
label you a hater or gay basher. You can't force people to agree
just because that's the flavor of the month pc wonky perverted
freedom some special interest group wants on the most recent
acceptable behaviors list.

The same applies to the confederate flag. You can't make an entire
group of people reject a symbol that's been a part of their history
for generations just because a few people decide it isn't pc anymore.

They aren't requiring you to be gay or to enter a gay
marriage.

They want to force people to accept it as normal when it isn't normal
for many people who believe it's perverted. You won't change minds
with force.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 01 Jul 2015 08:32:15 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:
Amazing, how much the nation has slid into the pit
of sin, in the last few years. What's next, gay
marriage?

Lol... I've heard people mention the next trend will be normalizing
transgender, and forcing people to accept it as normal... After that
will be attacking hetero's as being abnormal in need of psychiatric
re-education.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/1/2015 11:05 AM, Muggles wrote:

They aren't requiring you to be gay or to enter a gay
marriage.

They want to force people to accept it as normal when it isn't normal
for many people who believe it's perverted. You won't change minds with
force.

I don't think we are being forced to accept it as normal, just that we
cannot discriminate against it. You don't have to accept it as right or
normal.

After decades of seeing marriage between a man and woman, I found it to
be strange. OTOH, I can't think of solid reasons to deny them a
relationship together

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
I don't see gays pushing their sexual preference on
everyone else.

Either you accept their perception that it's normal to be gay or they
label you a hater or gay basher.

I certainly see some doing that, yes.

You can't force people to agree
just because that's the flavor of the month pc wonky perverted
freedom some special interest group wants on the most recent
acceptable behaviors list.

The issue isn't that they want you to agree, the issue was that
they wanted the right to marry.

The same applies to the confederate flag. You can't make an entire
group of people reject a symbol that's been a part of their history
for generations just because a few people decide it isn't pc anymore.

Gays aren't saying you have to reject your view of marriage. They
just want their right to be married. In the case of the flag, I think a
conservative/libertarian, less govt position is that you can do what you
want with the confederate flag. With gay marriage, it's similar. You
have your version of marriage and the gays can have their version. And
note this isn't an extreme thing today, something only 5% are OK with,
60% of Americans support gay marriage. It's hard to get by that.

They aren't requiring you to be gay or to enter a gay
marriage.

They want to force people to accept it as normal when it isn't normal
for many people who believe it's perverted. You won't change minds
with force.

--
Maggie

Nobody changed anything with force. The SC simply found that under
the 14th amendment if the govt is going to get in the middle of marriage,
then gay people have a right to be married too. It doesn't threaten
me anymore than inter-racial marriages, civil rights extended to blacks,
etc did.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Amazing, how much the nation has slid into the pit
of sin, in the last few years. What's next, gay
marriage?

Lol... I've heard people mention the next trend will be normalizing
transgender, and forcing people to accept it as normal... After that
will be attacking hetero's as being abnormal in need of psychiatric
re-education.

--
Maggie

That is taking things to an absurd extreme.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, July 1, 2015 at 11:32:59 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/1/2015 11:05 AM, Muggles wrote:

They aren't requiring you to be gay or to enter a gay
marriage.

They want to force people to accept it as normal when it isn't normal
for many people who believe it's perverted. You won't change minds with
force.

I don't think we are being forced to accept it as normal, just that we
cannot discriminate against it. You don't have to accept it as right or
normal.

After decades of seeing marriage between a man and woman, I found it to
be strange. OTOH, I can't think of solid reasons to deny them a
relationship together

The most interesting question I see is that now that gay marriage is
OK, what about the Mormons that want multiple wives? Or others for
that matter. Mormons are probably on firmer ground because as I understand
it, it's sanctioned by their religion. Maybe Stormin can help us out.
But if any two people can get married, why not 3? Isn't that protected
under the 14th too?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Amazing, how much the nation has slid into the pit
of sin, in the last few years. What's next, gay
marriage?

Lol... I've heard people mention the next trend will be
normalizing
transgender, and forcing people to accept it as normal...
After that
will be attacking hetero's as being abnormal in need of
psychiatric
re-education.

--
Maggie

That is taking things to an absurd extreme.

but with the absurd way things are going it's not impossible

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 01 Jul 2015 11:32:52 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I don't think we are being forced to accept it as
normal, just that we cannot discriminate against it.
You don't have to accept it as right or normal.

I think we are being forced to accept as normal. People will find a
way to discriminate if they want to discriminate. We can try to
legislate it, but you can't force people to go along with something
that's and issue of beliefs. They will find a way to rebel. I think
we all do that.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 1 Jul 2015 08:58:10 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:
The issue isn't that they want you to agree, the issue
was that they wanted the right to marry.

Gays aren't saying you have to reject your view of
marriage. They just want their right to be married. In
the case of the flag, I think a conservative/libertarian,
less govt position is that you can do what you
want with the confederate flag. With gay marriage,
it's similar. You have your version of marriage and
the gays can have their version. And note this isn't
an extreme thing today, something only 5% are OK
with, 60% of Americans support gay marriage. It's
hard to get by that.

I've seen all sorts of arguments for and against gay marriage. The
most interesting one I've seen argued was someone said that gays
already had the same right to marry as everyone else- to marry
someone of their choice of the oppose sex. To grant gays the right
to marry the same gender was akin to granting rights to a special
interest group and therefore it would nullify any idea of equal
rights under the law and end up promoting rights for special interest
groups, instead.

--
Maggie