Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Walmart won't makes Confederate flag cake but makes ISIS flag cake

On Thursday, July 2, 2015 at 11:08:24 AM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:

If that were true many of our current laws would be moot. Don't kill
and don't steal are just 2 biblical ideals that inspired a basis for
American society.

But there are clear reasons aside from the bible why
stealing and killing need to be illegal. Gay marriage,
other than the religious component, like 60% of Americans,
I don't see the great harm to you or me.

And that assumes that you believe it to begin with.
Do you believe the earth is only 6,000 years old and a
woman was created from a rib?

Belief and faith are different topics altogether from discussing how
legally redefining marriage may affect America and additional
redefinition of marriage in the future.

Not when the vast majority of the remaining opposition to
gay marriage is based on religion.

As I said before, similar was said when slavery
ended, women were allowed to vote, segregation
was ended, inter-racial marriage was
allowed, etc. Yet none of those resulted in the world
coming to an end and in fact, today almost everyone
agrees they were the right thing to do, though at the
time, they were hotly contested too.

All of those things did not redefine what constituted legal marriage
in the U.S.

Of course they didn't and that wasn't the point. They redefined
other things. Ending slavery redefined property into human beings.
Allowing blacks to sit at the same counter as whites, to attend
the same schools, redefined the system of having separate segregated
facilities.

None of those changes owned the door for allowing a
legal precedent for arguing to allow any combination to marry.

Never said they did. But abolishing slavery did open the door
for more civil rights advancement a hundred years later. Similarly
allowing women the right to vote opened the door for more equal
treatment of women, instead of expecting them to stay at home.

Once
marriage was redefined to be anything other than one male and one
female a legal precedence was set, and now the question is his long
before we become like other countries that allow people to marry
their goats? We currently have no legal ground to prevent that from
happening in the future in America.

Still waiting for what country it is that allows people to marry
goats.....

What legal ground do we have at this point that
won't allow Americans to do the same?

Now you're being ridiculous.

Hardly. It only takes one legal precedence to start the snowball
rolling. How many lawsuits have happened since the first time a
women spilled fast food drive thru coffee in her lap and she sued the
day food chain for her own clumsiness?

How many lawsuits over spilled coffee? Maybe a handful in a country
of 320 million. And you should really read the facts on that case.
It wasn't entirely the woman's fault. There was plenty of evidence
that the franchise's coffee was significantly hotter than most places,
that people had incidents because of that in the past, that they knew
about it, did nothing, etc.

Do you really think if that case made it into federal
court that there is any doubt as to what the decision
would be? Good grief.

My parents generation said the same thing about gay marriage at some
point in time. It's short sighted to think that decisions we make
today won't allow things to go to an unthinkable place in the future.

--
Maggie

Sure, again there was similar, "God knows where it will lead....",
arguments made when slavery was abolished, inter-racial marriage
took place, Jim Crow laws were overturned, women were allowed to
vote, etc. Is the country worse off because of those?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 2 Jul 2015 07:19:05 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

In other countries people can marry their farm animals.

I've travelled a lot and never run into that. What country would
that be?

http://www.oddee.com/item_98774.aspx

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=woman+marries+frog&t=ffab
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon writes:
On 7/1/2015 4:40 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

After decades of seeing marriage between a man and woman, I found it to
be strange. OTOH, I can't think of solid reasons to deny them a
relationship together

Bible
Book of Mormon
teachings of LDS church
Koran

Solid enough for you?

This is america. Freedom from religion is a bedrock principle.

======================================
Congress shall make no law respecting an
establishment of religion, or prohibiting the
free exercise thereof; or abridging the
freedom of speech, or of the press; or the
right of the people peaceably to assemble,
and to petition the Government for a redress
of grievances.
======================================

The founding documents describe freedom OF
religion. No where do I read freedom FROM
religion.

The first clause of the first sentence that you
quoted, for reading-impaired moroni followers.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 01 Jul 2015 15:09:21 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 7/1/2015 12:13 PM, trader_4 wrote:

The most interesting question I see is that now that gay marriage is
OK, what about the Mormons that want multiple wives? Or others for
that matter. Mormons are probably on firmer ground because as I understand
it, it's sanctioned by their religion. Maybe Stormin can help us out.
But if any two people can get married, why not 3? Isn't that protected
under the 14th too?

I may be wrong but polygamy in not permitted in the Mormon church.
There are splinter groups like Warren Jeffs that do practice it. He
is in prison.

No idea of the legality of multiple wives, but in the name of research
I'm willing to try it for a few hours one night.

.... if I had the perfect woman, I'd want twins -- Blackberry Smoke
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/2/2015 11:00 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Thursday, July 2, 2015 at 11:08:24 AM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:

If that were true many of our current laws would be moot. Don't kill
and don't steal are just 2 biblical ideals that inspired a basis for
American society.

But there are clear reasons aside from the bible why
stealing and killing need to be illegal. Gay marriage,
other than the religious component, like 60% of Americans,
I don't see the great harm to you or me.

I don't see the harm to you or me, either. I do see a potential for
what we've currently allowed to be legal now to be abused in the future.

And that assumes that you believe it to begin with.
Do you believe the earth is only 6,000 years old and a
woman was created from a rib?

Belief and faith are different topics altogether from discussing how
legally redefining marriage may affect America and additional
redefinition of marriage in the future.

Not when the vast majority of the remaining opposition to
gay marriage is based on religion.

I have to conclude that's an opinion and not a fact. Those who are
against such a thing have probably believed it to be wrong with some
having religious reasons, and others not. To say the 'vast majority'
base their objections on religion is just conjecture.

Once
marriage was redefined to be anything other than one male and one
female a legal precedence was set, and now the question is his long
before we become like other countries that allow people to marry
their goats? We currently have no legal ground to prevent that from
happening in the future in America.

Still waiting for what country it is that allows people to marry
goats.....

I was using a hyperbole to make a point.

These pages are interesting, though.
http://www.mandatory.com/2012/05/23/...have-married/4
http://thefw.com/weirdest-marriages-...photos-videos/

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
trader_4 wrote:

On Wednesday, July 1, 2015 at 2:46:25 PM UTC-4, Malcom Mal Reynolds wrote:
In article ,
Uncle Monster wrote:

On Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 9:02:58 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 21:35:37 -0700, Malcom Mal Reynolds
wrote:
Imo, we're all rebels when we speak up for what we
believe, and I

*I keep imagining* a small, but not insignificant
group of nazi's in Germany using these very same
words about flying their flag

It doesn't take much imagination to use the genetic default 'nazi'
this or that response. Next time maybe you could think it thru and
post an original well thought out post.

--
Maggie

Malcontent Reynolds believes that people who want to keep their
Confederate
battle flags want to take over the world just like Nazis. He/she/it has a
fantasy about racist White people taking over North and South America
then
rounding up all the non-White people to put them in concentration camps
where
they will be gassed and cremated. The moon bat also supports gun control
but
will never acknowledge that the language in gun control laws was borrowed
from the Nazis.(yes, it was translated into English) Sheesh! O_o

[8~{} Uncle Nazi Monster

It doesn't take much imagination, but you lack even that. I don't for
the most part care what "people" want to do with their flags, I do,
however, care about what the "state" wants to do with their flags.

So, you live in South Carolina?

hell no, but how would that change anything?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, July 1, 2015 at 10:32:59 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/1/2015 11:05 AM, Muggles wrote:

They aren't requiring you to be gay or to enter a gay
marriage.

They want to force people to accept it as normal when it isn't normal
for many people who believe it's perverted. You won't change minds with
force.

I don't think we are being forced to accept it as normal, just that we
cannot discriminate against it. You don't have to accept it as right or
normal.

After decades of seeing marriage between a man and woman, I found it to
be strange. OTOH, I can't think of solid reasons to deny them a
relationship together

It was very wrong for hospitals to keep a Gay partner of many years from seeing their loved one because hospital policy was to only allow the spouse access to a patient in certain situations. The Gay partner couldn't make decisions about the medical care of their loved because they were not married by law. So the legalization of Gay marriage should address numerous problems and give homosexual couples the same benefits and tax advantages that heterosexual married people have. There is a new problem that Gay marriage may cause for divorce courts. Which one's the man and which one's the woman? The reason this may come up is because in a heterosexual divorce, the man always get's screwed (no pun). If the court looks at the homosexual couple as the same and splits everything down the middle, heterosexual divorced men are going to start howling for equal rights. It looks to me as though legalization of queer marriage may have unintended results. O_o

[8~{} Uncle Straight Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, July 1, 2015 at 1:24:03 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On Wed, 1 Jul 2015 08:58:10 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:
The issue isn't that they want you to agree, the issue
was that they wanted the right to marry.

Gays aren't saying you have to reject your view of
marriage. They just want their right to be married. In
the case of the flag, I think a conservative/libertarian,
less govt position is that you can do what you
want with the confederate flag. With gay marriage,
it's similar. You have your version of marriage and
the gays can have their version. And note this isn't
an extreme thing today, something only 5% are OK
with, 60% of Americans support gay marriage. It's
hard to get by that.

I've seen all sorts of arguments for and against gay marriage. The
most interesting one I've seen argued was someone said that gays
already had the same right to marry as everyone else- to marry
someone of their choice of the oppose sex. To grant gays the right
to marry the same gender was akin to granting rights to a special
interest group and therefore it would nullify any idea of equal
rights under the law and end up promoting rights for special interest
groups, instead.

--
Maggie

I'm sure you may have heard of "The Law Of Unintended Results". A pair of heterosexual bank robbers, Louie and Joey, get a same sex marriage and when they'r caught, they can't be forced to testify against each other. I'll bet the court didn't see that coming. It's same sex marriage but doesn't require the couple to have sex with each other or even be homosexual. We live in interesting times. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Unmarried Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

haha! I imagine there'll be many more unintended results! I wonder if
they can get the marriage annulled because it was never consummated!

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, July 1, 2015 at 1:46:25 PM UTC-5, Malcom Mal Reynolds wrote:

wrote:
[...]

however, care about what the "state" wants to do with their flags. But
it's nice to know that you support the idea that Germans should be
allowed to fly nazi flags over their "statehouses"

Oh I do love to see the Trans-Intellectualism displayed by Progressive Liberal Leftists Commiecrat Freaks like you Malcom. Anyone having a different view of the world than your ilk must be mentally challenged and be Nazis. It's funny to me that your type and those you support act just like Nazis when they get into power. Your species doesn't want to get into office to serve, you want to rule. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Nazi Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 2 Jul 2015 13:03:20 -0500, Muggles wrote:

I don't see the harm to you or me, either. I do see a potential for
what we've currently allowed to be legal now to be abused in the future.

http://www.oddee.com/_media/imgs/articles2/a98774_bride%20goat.jpg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, July 1, 2015 at 3:11:13 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 7/1/2015 2:23 PM, Muggles wrote:
On Wed, 1 Jul 2015 09:13:22 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:
But if any two people can get married, why not 3? Isn't that protected
under the 14th too?

Who will have the authority to deny any combination to marry, now?

And, that makes for a HUGE concern for many folks.
What's next? Animals? Children? Pet rock?

-

I recall reading that in some places in the world people do marry animals. Of course, I've heard many women describe their husbands as being animals. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Animal Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, July 1, 2015 at 3:23:49 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 7/1/2015 3:11 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Muggles writes:
Who will have the authority to deny any combination to marry, now?

Why would _you_ care who marries whom, in any combination?

Frankly, it is none of your (or my) business.

One of the things I've learned, is to watch
for incremental progress. Now that we've
decided it's no one's business who marries
who, how about age? May a 75 year old man
marry a 9 year old girl?

-

I believe that happens in The Middle East. 8-)

[8~{} Uncle Sand Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Joey said of Louie, "Der ain't no way am kissin that ugly *******!" ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Kissing Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/2/2015 3:52 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 2 Jul 2015 13:03:20 -0500, Muggles wrote:

I don't see the harm to you or me, either. I do see a potential for
what we've currently allowed to be legal now to be abused in the future.

http://www.oddee.com/_media/imgs/articles2/a98774_bride%20goat.jpg

What happens in Saudi Arabia, stays in Saudi Arabia.

--
Froz...

Quando omni flunkus, moritati

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 2 Jul 2015 12:53:59 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

I recall reading that in some places in the world people do marry animals. Of course, I've heard many women describe their husbands as being animals.

The wives use code words. "Hung like a horse", "back up to get some".

Conversations - you know!. Private moments.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, July 2, 2015 at 2:11:32 PM UTC-4, Malcom Mal Reynolds wrote:

wrote:
[...]

Because it's up to the people of SC and their state govt
to decide what, if anything they want to do with the confederate flag,
not you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Someone should tell them the famous line ... "just put your lips
together and blow"! HA!

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

U R Baaaaad! ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Lips Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

HAHA! yeah - I'm BAAAAD!

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

ah, come on, just because you have trouble understanding the written
word is no reason for you to confuse others. I didn't call anyone a
nazi, but if it hit too close, such is life. I did however ask how it
might go over in Germany if the offspring/relatives of nazi's wanted to
honor their forebears for fighting for their homeland by flying nazi
flags over their capitol buildings.

It's funny to me that your type and those you support act just like Nazis
when they get into power. Your species doesn't want to get into office to
serve, you want to rule. ^_^

and we know where you live
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
trader_4 wrote:

On Thursday, July 2, 2015 at 2:11:32 PM UTC-4, Malcom Mal Reynolds
wrote:
In article ,
trader_4 wrote:

On Wednesday, July 1, 2015 at 2:46:25 PM UTC-4, Malcom Mal
Reynolds wrote:
In article
,

wrote:
[...]

of course it isn't but the more input they receive is a tribute to how
well first amendment rights work, right?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, July 3, 2015 at 12:13:25 AM UTC-5, Malcom Mal Reynolds wrote:

wrote:
[...]

Oh you poor thing, reading comprehension isn't one of your life skills. You can get help. Some organization that helps the mentally challenged surely has a program that will help you learn to read and understand what you're reading.8-)

It's funny to me that your type and those you support act just like Nazis
when they get into power. Your species doesn't want to get into office to
serve, you want to rule. ^_^

and we know where you live

I doubt you can find me. It's no secret that I reside in Alabamastan but try to find my exact location if you can. Don't you like a challenge? ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Stealth Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/02/2015 11:13 PM, Malcom Mal Reynolds wrote:
ah, come on, just because you have trouble understanding the written
word is no reason for you to confuse others. I didn't call anyone a
nazi, but if it hit too close, such is life. I did however ask how it
might go over in Germany if the offspring/relatives of nazi's wanted to
honor their forebears for fighting for their homeland by flying nazi
flags over their capitol buildings.

There was a ****storm when Reagan laid a wreath at the Bitburg cemetery
where 2000 German troops are buried, so I guess we can conclude that
might be a problem.

In truth it's already covered:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strafg...ch_section_86a

My Epiphone Les Paul guitar came with a solar cross on the head. I guess
i'd be in trouble.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster wrote:

On Wednesday, July 1, 2015 at 1:46:25 PM UTC-5, Malcom Mal Reynolds
wrote:

wrote:
[...]

it hasn't worked too well for you, so you ought to ask for your money
back

It's funny to me that your type and those you support act just like Nazis
when they get into power. Your species doesn't want to get into office to
serve, you want to rule. ^_^

and we know where you live

I doubt you can find me. It's no secret that I reside in Alabamastan but try
to find my exact location if you can. Don't you like a challenge? ^_^

remember that every time you open your door, it might make you feel
better

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/2/2015 12:11 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Stormin Mormon writes:
======================================
Congress shall make no law respecting an
establishment of religion, or prohibiting the
free exercise thereof; or abridging the
freedom of speech, or of the press; or the
right of the people peaceably to assemble,
and to petition the Government for a redress
of grievances.
======================================

The founding documents describe freedom OF
religion. No where do I read freedom FROM
religion.

The first clause of the first sentence that you
quoted, for reading-impaired moroni followers.

Yep, supports nicely what I said.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/2/2015 3:56 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Wednesday, July 1, 2015 at 3:23:49 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
One of the things I've learned, is to watch
for incremental progress. Now that we've
decided it's no one's business who marries
who, how about age? May a 75 year old man
marry a 9 year old girl?

-

I believe that happens in The Middle East. 8-)

[8~{} Uncle Sand Monster

Tell me, Mo?

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, July 3, 2015 at 5:15:38 PM UTC-5, Malcom Mal Reynolds wrote:

Uncle Monster wrote:

On Wednesday, July 1, 2015 at 1:46:25 PM UTC-5, Malcom Mal Reynolds
wrote:

wrote:
[...]

The outer doors around here have coded mag-locks to keep dementia patients from running off. Willie, whom I call "The Running Man" stays fully clothed with his hat on just waiting for someone to enter or leave through one of the doors to the outside so he can slip out. The medical staff has had to chase him down for blocks several times to bring him back. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Demented Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, July 3, 2015 at 7:30:08 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 7/2/2015 3:56 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Wednesday, July 1, 2015 at 3:23:49 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
One of the things I've learned, is to watch
for incremental progress. Now that we've
decided it's no one's business who marries
who, how about age? May a 75 year old man
marry a 9 year old girl?

-

I believe that happens in The Middle East. 8-)

[8~{} Uncle Sand Monster

Tell me, Mo?

-

You'll have to ask Larry and Curly. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Stooge Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Uncle Monster wrote:

The outer doors around here have coded mag-locks to keep dementia patients
from running off. Willie, whom I call "The Running Man" stays fully clothed
with his hat on just waiting for someone to enter or leave through one of the
doors to the outside so he can slip out. The medical staff has had to chase
him down for blocks several times to bring him back. o_O

but who made the mag-locks. remember that when you use them

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, July 4, 2015 at 2:24:18 PM UTC-5, Malcom Mal Reynolds wrote:
In article ,
Uncle Monster wrote:

The outer doors around here have coded mag-locks to keep dementia patients
from running off. Willie, whom I call "The Running Man" stays fully clothed
with his hat on just waiting for someone to enter or leave through one of the
doors to the outside so he can slip out. The medical staff has had to chase
him down for blocks several times to bring him back. o_O

but who made the mag-locks. remember that when you use them

The locks look like the ones I sold and installed over the years and they were made in the USA by real live genuine authentic patriotic Americans. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Lock Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster wrote:

The outer doors around here have coded mag-locks to keep dementia
patients
from running off. Willie, whom I call "The Running Man" stays fully
clothed
with his hat on just waiting for someone to enter or leave through one of
the
doors to the outside so he can slip out. The medical staff has had to
chase
him down for blocks several times to bring him back. o_O

but who made the mag-locks. remember that when you use them

The locks look like the ones I sold and installed over the years and they
were made in the USA by real live genuine authentic patriotic Americans. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Lock Monster

which is exactly what they want you to think. it's impossible that
"someone" has a backdoor in the system so that LEOs can get access where
they need it?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, July 5, 2015 at 1:39:48 PM UTC-5, Malcom Mal Reynolds wrote:

Uncle Monster wrote:

[...]

All the ambulance crews and fire department have the code as I'm sure police do. I have the code and those residents who go outside to smoke have the code.
My friends who come by to smuggle Diet Mountain Dew in to me have the code. The code works to keep those residents afflicted with dementia from wandering off. One of them is Willie whom I call,"The Running Man". He stays dressed and wearing his hat waiting for a time when someone enters or leaves the building so he can slip out the door and take off. The staff has had to chase him down several times and bring him back. Last night Willie came into my room and sat down in the chair across the room from me and told him,"Willie, you're in the wrong room again." I pushed the call button and waited for the CNA. When she came into the room I told her,"Willie is hiding from you again." She led him out of my room, laughing as she took him back to where he belonged. It's all part of my adventure here at the nursing and rehab center. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Crippled Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/6/2015 5:25 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

Years ago, I did some work at a facility which had
dementia patients. They had loud alarms on the doors.
I set one off by accident, the staff worker called to
me across the room, and told me the silence code.

--
..
Christopher A. Young