Posted to alt.home.repair

Default alt.home.repair newsgroup statistics for 05/2015

On Tuesday, June 2, 2015 at 10:05:28 PM UTC-5, rebel wrote:
On 6/2/2015 3:27 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Tuesday, June 2, 2015 at 2:29:53 PM UTC-5, rebel wrote:
On Tue, 2 Jun 2015 06:28:53 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:
vel of pain. If I get my knee brace back, I can get up
in my walker and get around that way. I am a lot
stronger than I was when I got here at the end
of February. 8-)

That's great to hear!

--
rebel

I got weighed a little while ago and I've gained 13lbs. I've doubled up on my food because I've been getting up out of bed to exercise in order to build up muscle. My darn leg muscles have shrunk quite a bit and I must fix that. 8-)

[8~{} Uncle Fat Monster

Do they have high protein drinks there? I hear they work pretty well.

--
rebel

The nurse gives me a thick syrup like stuff in a tiny medicine cup that's a protein to help me heal but I haven't been given any of the prescription protein drinks yet. The food is very good and of course I get chocolate chip cookies sometimes. COOKIE!! ME LIKE COOKIE!! OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM......more cookie please, me have been good. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Cookie Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 2 Jun 2015 21:43:04 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:
The nurse gives me a thick syrup like stuff in a tiny
medicine cup that's a protein to help me heal but I
haven't been given any of the prescription protein
drinks yet. The food is very good and of course I get
chocolate chip cookies sometimes. COOKIE!! ME
LIKE COOKIE!! OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
NOM...more cookie please, me have been good. ^_^

There's nothing like choc chip cookies warm outut of the oven! Yummm

--
rebel
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/2/2015 8:16 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Nice going. Do you think you can break that in June? Anybody know what the
all-time high is for a single Poster?

I think it's fun. I can't do much else from my hospital bed except watch TV or endless videos. I can interact with folks on Usenet and get back into the practice of writing about different things. This is not the only group I'm interested in and I'm certainly not in competition with anyone for highest post count. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Engaging Monster

I hope that if (God forbid) I end up in a home,
that someone will be kind to me and give me some
kind of computer with internet.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default alt.home.repair newsgroup buying stuff for room mate

On 6/2/2015 11:15 PM, rebel wrote:
On 6/2/2015 6:41 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

My roommate is a Black fella who turned 66 last month

and he's funny as hell. When my SSI check hit the bank, I
had my friend Stinky go by the dollar store and pick up
some items

[8~{} Uncle Santa Monster

It doesn't take much to bring a smile to someone else's face. That's
nice what you did for your room mate.

I'm with Rebel, that's very kind of you to buy for
some of the other residents. I've been friends with
nursing home residents, and have bought items for
them.

In my case, shampoo and hand lotion were the most
requested. Dollar Store is inexpensive, but better
quality than the institutional items.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, June 3, 2015 at 5:53:18 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 6/2/2015 11:15 PM, rebel wrote:
On 6/2/2015 6:41 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

My roommate is a Black fella who turned 66 last month

and he's funny as hell. When my SSI check hit the bank, I
had my friend Stinky go by the dollar store and pick up
some items

[8~{} Uncle Santa Monster

It doesn't take much to bring a smile to someone else's face. That's
nice what you did for your room mate.

I'm with Rebel, that's very kind of you to buy for
some of the other residents. I've been friends with
nursing home residents, and have bought items for
them.

In my case, shampoo and hand lotion were the most
requested. Dollar Store is inexpensive, but better
quality than the institutional items.

-

I've got to get some more Diet Mountain Dew, animal crackers and Hershey's Kisses. Necessary items for survival in a nursing and rehab center. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Chocolate Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 2 Jun 2015 16:55:38 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote in

Hell, like my brother I leaned Liberal before I grew up. Most young Liberals are Conservative larvae who will eventually mature and fly away. Unfortunately there are those Liberals who never mature and continue on as maggots for the rest of their lives. ^_^

Well put.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, June 3, 2015 at 6:53:18 AM UTC-5, CRNG wrote:
On Tue, 2 Jun 2015 16:55:38 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote in

Hell, like my brother I leaned Liberal before I grew up. Most young Liberals are Conservative larvae who will eventually mature and fly away. Unfortunately there are those Liberals who never mature and continue on as maggots for the rest of their lives. ^_^

Well put.
--

Young people are supposed to be Liberal because Conservatism is something one grows into. Young Conservatives are unnatural, like teacher's pets or sycophants looking to ingratiate themselves with a Conservative establishment.. Then there are the young über-Liberal butt kissers trying to do the same thing except with the Progressive Liberal Leftist Commiecrat Freaks who are now infesting our government. o_O

[8~{} Uncle über-Monster